You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Office Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

An Office Haunting

 

The incidents which I am about to relate occurred at my office a couple of years back. I have already described one such Office Haunting in my story "The Parking Lot Ghost". The events which I am about to narrate were experienced in a single night and the people associated with it had one hell of a scary experience. This incident occurred about a year after my encounter with the Parking Lot Ghost. My nerves were on the edge for a couple of months after the incident but had now calmed down sufficiently. Work was monotonous and the night shifts were long and boring. And then one night something happened.

It was a Saturday night, a time when most of us are enjoying a gala time with our families and friends and here I was in office working in the graveyard shift. Really frustrating but nothing much could be done about it. There were only a few people in the office that night, mainly the housekeeping and administration staff and a bored receptionist who was busy idling away his time. Unfortunately for me there was an IT implementation for V-Sat equipment going on. We had to install an Antenna (VSAT out Door Unit) on the Terrace. There were two unfortunate colleagues helping me that night, equally unhappy as me for having sacrificed a beautiful evening in such a manner. But work it was and it had to be completed that night itself.

It was around midnight when we finally managed to shift the heavy antenna to the terrace of the building and installed it at its final resting place. It was a tough job considering the weight of the antenna. A few minor configurations and we would be done for the night. Everything was normal until this time. Then things started to happen.

Incident One: - The Receptionist

We were sitting in the cafeteria on the ground floor hungrily gobbling up our dinner and enjoying the fruits of our labour when we suddenly heard a loud scream. We were all surprised and rushed outside. The receptionist, as we could see it, stood huddled in one corner of the room sweating profusely and scared out of his wits. One of the guys went up to him but he was really very hysterical and it took us around 15 minutes to calm him down. He then related his account:

As usual, he was sitting at the desk, whiling away his time. With nothing much to do, he had probably dozed off when he suddenly felt a stinging slap on his face. He woke up in a daze, frantically trying to locate the perpetrator but to his dismay, found no one around him. His ordeal wasn't over as an invisible hand caught him by the neck and slapped him once more. He was literally thrown off his chair by the force of the second slap. Scared as hell, he retreated to one corner of the room and started screaming at the top of his voice asking for help. On closer examination we found that his face was red and swollen. Someone or something powerful had struck him really hard. We quickly checked the CCTV logs to check whether anyone had recently entered the area. What we saw was really scary. The CCTV footage showed that the receptionist was dozing on his seat when he was struck twice by an unseen force. We could see that he was being hit but his attacker was invisible. He was badly shaken and was immediately sent home. He was too scared to come back and left the job subsequently. We were all shaken and trying to come to terms with the situation when the second incident occurred.

Incident 2: The Shop Floor Ghost

There were two housekeeping staff who were on the shop floor doing their routine chores like cleaning and dusting the floor. The shop floor was big enough to seat around 200 people. It was empty at that time as all the staff using that floor had left for the day. Suddenly one of them noticed a girl at the far end of the room working at a frenzied pace on her computer and singing at the same time. The sound of her voice and the keyboard on which she was working literally reverberated throughout the empty floor. It did not seem normal for someone to be working on the floor at that time. Both the housekeeping staff came out and reported this to the security guard. The guard immediately went inside but found no one at the desk where the girl was seen. However there was something strange. The noise of the keyboard and the singing was still heard in the room as if someone was still there. The guard was scared and called everyone to the shop floor to witness the strange occurrence. We all went there and could actually hear someone singing eerily and working really hard on the keyboard but strangely no one was visible.

One of the guys had a bright idea and suggested that we could actually see a ghost through a camera even though it wasn't visible to the naked eye. For this, he had all the lights in the room switched off. He then switched on his mobile phone camera and moved it around the room trying to locate the entity. We could not locate anything for the first five minutes. Then suddenly the camera picked up a faint outline of something moving, around 30 feet from where we were standing. The figure was moving from one desk to the singing and at the same time pressing hard on the computer keyboard keys. The song of the entity along with sound of the keyboard was heard from exactly the same location where the figure was seen from the camera. Five of us who were present there were glued to the camera when I suddenly noticed something which the others had failed to pick up. The entity was slowly proceeding towards us at a steady pace and was only ten feet away from us. I snatched the camera from my friend's hand and literally pushed everyone out of the room. I can't imagine what the entity would have done if it had caught up with us. Once out of the room we could still hear the song and the sound of the keyboard inside.

Thankfully nothing happened to us. Perhaps the entity just wanted to have its fun and since we played spoil sport, it tried to shoo us away.

Incident 3: Ghost on the Terrace

It was around 3.00 am by now. Half an hour had passed since the last incident. We were scared but at the same time anxious too. Something inside told me that there was more to come. At around 3.15 am, we heard a loud crash on the terrace of the building. We went upstairs and to our dismay, saw that the antenna which we had installed with so much difficulty that evening had toppled over from the roof and fallen down on the floor. The screws had been literally ripped away from the hard concrete floor on which the base of the antenna had been firmly fixed. It seemed very unlikely that something like this could happen on its own. We just couldn't believe our eyes. I sent one of the guys downstairs to check whether we had a spare antenna available. My friend and I were waiting on the terrace when it started to rain. We ran to take cover under the terrace roof waiting for the rain to subside. It was really very depressing as all our hard work had gone waste and we would have to install the antenna all over again. Just then I heard a voice coming from the roof of the terrace exactly above the place where we had taken shelter. Instinctively, I looked up and was aghast at what I saw. It was a girl in a gown standing on the top of the roof merrily singing a song and enjoying the rain. I just saw her for a couple of seconds before she disappeared. Suddenly my colleague screamed. I looked back and saw the same girl standing around five feet from where I was. This time her expression was more serious and she was angrily staring straight at me. That look is something which I will never ever forget. Just thinking about it gives me the shivers even now.

This was as much as my jumpy nerves could take. My friend and I ran downstairs until we came right out of the building. We narrated the incident to all present and decided to stay together in the cafeteria until dawn. We reported this incident to our superiors the next day. They asked us to underplay the whole thing to avoid panic among the staff. The CCTV footage was a too strong an evidence to be shrugged off. Surprisingly nothing major happened afterwards. Even to this day the staff has reservations about moving alone within the office premises at night. We had encountered three paranormal occurrences that day:

1) Slapping of the receptionist caught on CCTV

2) Ghostly apparition seen on the Shop Floor

3) The Girl on the Terrace

Why did we experience these paranormal occurrences that night only?

Was it a single entity or multiple ones who caused so much havoc?

What actually triggered these events?

Was it a particular person or something that we did?

I tried hard but could not figure out a plausible explanation for the above questions.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Other hauntings by sanjubhat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sanjubhat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-24)
These experiences are really terrifying. Glad you are all okay. Please research for the history of the office or building. And I think we can start from there. As they all say, if there is a way that you can upload the video in youtube, that woould be very helpful. From there experts can actually see and evaluate the events. You are such a good story teller.
Abbusimbel (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-03)
Could you kindly tell us what you have done with the Video? Please upload and share😆 if there ever was any video in the first place 🤔
raj89m (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-08)
Excellent story! According to my paranormal experiences, I feel these are two different entities. The entity that slapped the receptionist is the first entity. And the second entity is the typist who was singing on the shop floor and the one that you saw on the terrace roof.

The thing that seemed to trigger these incidents could've been the installation of the antenna. The noise created must have awakened the entities.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
[at] sanjubhat I have already told you that I love the way you write. I'm just curious how a single person can have so many paranormal experiences? Have you ever wondered why these incidents keep happening to you? If you get any answers, please do share. Also, I know you might not be comfortable sharing the name of the office, but maybe you could mention the suburb and city where it's located? The location maybe? Did the entity ever target you again, asking this because you mentioned that she was looking at you with malevolence in her eyes. Thanks.
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
Wow, creepy story! Could you upload the video on YouTube
Or something if you don't mind? Maybe you could do some poking around to find out about any deaths that occurred
In the building/land. Is the building old or new?

Regards,
Rockangel13
Gargoyle (51 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
HJP
I think the only answer is that we don't know. Maybe some sensitive people may have some ideas but most of us don't know.
Hopefully someday we will find out?
To be honest I have a lot of trouble figuring out why living people do the things they do, never mind the dead ones!

😕

😉

Gargoyle
HJP (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
I have some questions that why ghost or souls should harm or hurt us? Even they don't know about us? More over even we didn't do anything for them when they alive. Or they don't know anything or don't identify us like good peoples bad peoples. They don't think we should not visible for good people who do nothing harm to them. Do they attack all catagory people. Then how they come to know about our details?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
ethanhunt: If you haven't yet, I suggest you read and follow the "Comments Guidelines" at the bottom of the page, this in particular:

"This is not a chat room, so avoid abbreviations and SMS language ("u" instead of "you", "n" for "and", "coz" for "because" etc) as it is juvenile and unreadable. We want to have mature conversations about the delicate topic of ghosts, using TXT talk only attracts the intellectually lazy crowd. We really have zero tolerance for this and posts containing these types of abbreviations will be deleted on the spot. You may have noticed that we block some bad words, TXT talk and require a minimum length to a post. We are trying to make sure that someone has actually something to contribute when they make a post, this way, the comments section doesn't look like a trashy myspace / youtube page full of "Cool" and "That's Hot"."

I don't have a problem with the word "cool" or its equivalent, but please don't use Text talk... I know it may not seem like it at times 😆 but we do try to maintain a certain level of maturity... Thank you!
ethanhunt (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Cool man vry scary, if its tru connect al the people of incidents you wil get common part den search fr the entity bro.
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Great experience Sanju

1. What exactly is your job designation, which calls for you to work at such odd shifts?

2. There is definitely something wrong in your office there. Try to evaluate its history
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Hi Sanju, Your experience was very chilling, I suggest you to have a look at the history of the place where you are working, May be the Lady who you have mentioned had been an employee of your Office & she she have committed some suicide. There are many mysterious things in this World which are strange.

GOD BLESS YOU.
chitra (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
oh my god its really very scary... You have lots of courage... All your stories are simply superb...

Takecare and god bless you
nel (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
Hey your stories are interesting and I read couple of the... Good one.
victorygirl (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Is there a copy of the tape you could post somewhere so we could see it?
Soniya217 (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
nice story... I like your stories because they are really scary... Hey please post some ghost happenings from some Indian villages as I have heard that its more likely to see a ghost in village. 😊
alonelover (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
Nice story dude. Feeling luck to be visited by ghost isn't it.
anupama (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Hi,
Nice story indeed,
But when are you going to "BHANGARH" Rajesthan?
The most beautiful & super hunted place in India? 😁
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
😐 creepy! Thanks for sharing your story! Its really good... Dan_Paranormal and Badjuujuu had a point...

-AYA
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Excellant story geez wouldn't that have been a terrifying night. Fellow posters have brought up the majority of questions and theories I was going to bring up. Although, I was wondering if you knew or recognised the song the woman was singing? Also did you investigate the area or desk where she was typing at all? It seems this building has some in depth sad history related to it possibly. Would love to hear more about it.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
SeventySeven (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
That was one hell of a night, I almost can't believe it! Would love the CCTV stuff... You truly should put it up on youtube if it is still available.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Wow and I thought my job was hell. 😲 Guess I can't complain anymore.
I was going to say the same thing as BadJuuJuu. When there is a storm the air is charged with ions that can stir up paranormal activity. This could be the reason for your visitor that night. I also agree with Dan_Paranormal's second theory. It actually could be a combination of both you and your coworkers negative energy and the ions from the storm which gave this entity enough power to manifest. I feel bad for the poor receptionst. That video of him getting slapped around by an invisible force must have been terrifying. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and please let us know if anything else happens in your office.
blizzard43 (40 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
dan paranormal is right mostly about number 1 you see a ghost IS A SPIRIT but if you feel warm when a spirit is nearby it may be a demon or a bad spirit but if it is not you will feel cold if you feel cold and you see a ghost it is a good ghost that girl you saw if you were cold in the rain it was good if you felt warm when she was behind you it was bad if this did happen she is probly a double take a double take is a spirit that is good but at times being controlled by a demon if you see that girl again listen and see if it has a edge in its voice and if you see a glare in its eyes if it has eyes don't follow it and tell others no tell everyone there because it may want to kill you or hurt younow to the girl that night she was probly on the roof singing the night she died if it rained then she slipped or if the demon was there got pushed off (if a demon wants a spirit it can control it will take its soul before it can go) (yeah they do that) but any way she may be residuil but she is probly controld by a demon at times try catching a evp not auto wrting OK best of luck blizzard 43 😊
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
The reason that the entity/entities struck on that night, I can think for a couple of reasons.

1) Maybe it was an anniversery of the death of the girl and that bore some significance to what happened that night. If this is the case then I think there is probably only one entity.

2) The energy and emotion that you guys gave off could have fed the spirit. You said that you were all unhappy about sacraficing the night. The spirit could have always been present but the negative and resenting energy that you guys gave off could have fed it making it stronger.

To me I think 2 is more likely.

It's entirely possible that there is only one enitity and to me she sounds like she met a bit of a tragic end because she seems quite hateful. I can't possibly tell you why she acted the way she did and why she bore that face at you but I think I would have have legged it after that as well. Haha!

This is all I can really TRY to answer, I'm not saying that this is right, it's just my interpretation on the information you have given us. These are really the only answers I can give with what I've got to go on and I could be completely wrong it's just what I thought could have happened.

Thanks for sharing your story I really enjoyed it and whatever happened that night clearly was not good willed and was very resentful. Maybe researching the history of the office or area could give you a few more answers.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
I have this theory that paranormal activity is a bit stronger during rain, and especially just before a storm. The extra energy in the environment from the rain or storm gives an entity a power boost of sorts to draw from in order to manifest. The weather conditions that night may have played a role in why things were happening so intensely.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
I suggest you start by posting the videos captured on the CCTV as well as the one on the mobile. It would help many of us to reply to your questions.

Regards,
Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: