You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost in the Woods?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost in the Woods?

 

This all happened during this past summer (august), here in Cardiff, UK. At about 7pm, my friend and I decided to go into the woods at heath park, as we were very bored that day, and I believe it was one of the hottest days on record for the UK, so we were very hot and bothered.

Entrance We trekked into the woods until we came to a huge tree, we sat by the tree for nearly an hour cooling down, it was also next to a large pond. At about 9pm we realised that it was very nearly dark, so we decided to make our way back home. We had about a 15 minutes walk to get back out of the woods and nothing strange had happened until I noticed a figure, about 200 yards away from us, back from where we had just come from. I thought this was strange, but thought nothing more of it. About 4 or 5 minutes later, I looked back and saw the figure again but this time it was closer, I thought this was strange as there were no people close to us when we were at the tree so I decided to tell my friend. Josh thought I was messing around with him and did not believe me at all, this was much to my frustration.

Large Pond About 3-4 minutes later, again I looked to the side and the figure was about 50 yards away only it was in amongst all nettles and bushes, I was really scared at this point as we weren't even half way through the journey and it was very nearly dark. I told Josh to keep looking around and to speed up our walking pace. A few minutes later Josh saw the figure on the other side of us and we were both really really scared, so we ran. When we got into the open field which would lead us to a road, we ran about half way into it and looked back and we both saw the figure standing on the edge of the woods. We ran all the way home.

Tree The figure that we saw was very weird because every time I saw it, it was perfectly still. We could not make out the face, or gender of this thing, it was just in what looked like a blue cloak. I have been back to the spot a few times since the day and nothing strange has happened, but me or Josh will not go back there at dusk again.

Please message me with any questions, thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

seleena (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-17)
hi, my name is seleena williams my dad and me were just looking at the picture but we can't see anything at all. What does it look like? What side of the tree is it on?
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-02)
wow, scary story. Kaz: you see a figure? where? I don't see it? what are you calling overwieght:the tree or the thing you saw? well Rhy Harrison, Martin is right if you ever do get the guts to back at dusk get your camera and take a pic of the thing, unless the figure is in one of your pictures... I don't see it though. Oh yeah and Kaz again: this is not a poem, it's a story. if you wanna read poems, I'll recomend looking it up.
Kaz (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-29)
Um in The Last Pic On your Poem You Can See it by the tree it's over weight lol
Rhys Harrison (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-01)
hi, I emailed you some pics of where I saw the thing, can you please add them to this story, thanks
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2006-11-30)
My favorite part in the story is this: "We ran all the way home." Teehee.
Rhys Harrison (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-30)
Hi, I will add some pictures of where I saw it later on today
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2006-11-30)
That one gave me chills. Mysterious, dark, undefined figure following you will do that. Well, if you ever get the nuts to go back there at dusk, do bring a camera!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: