You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Violent Ghost Attack in Dream

Real Ghost Stories

Violent Ghost Attack in Dream

 

This whole experience seemed 100% real as it was happening in my mind, I assume it must have been a dream but it was, by far and away, the most realistic dream/nightmare I have encountered.

I, what I thought was, awoke from a deep sleep, with trouble breathing, as though something had its hands wrapped around my neck, I opened my eyes to see this person, who was under my covers, sitting knees first down on top of my chest choking my throat, with their knees holding my arms down. I couldn't see a face straight away. I tried screaming for help from my wife who was working on the computer in the adjoining room, but was unable to mutter much more than a faint murmur, due to the being's hands wrapped around my throat.

After several minutes of trying to fight this being off my body, I finally got a hand free to knock on the wall to attract my wife to come for help, where I was able to somewhat fight this being off my body until my wife came in and I was then able to see this beings face for the first time, looked like a blond female's face who had been drowned. My wife finally helped me get this being off me and as I got up to hug her and turned around the being was gone.

I got my wife to come to bed with me and we held each other close, and finally slowly dozing off again, I realized that this being was back and that it was not my wife. I felt a surge of pressure being applied to my body by this being, as it once again tried to sit down on top of my chest, while I was fighting this being, I assume I passed out.

What seemed to be about 5 minutes later, I physically woke up, for real, this time, threw my covers off, turned on the light and headed straight for my wife in the next room. I told her about my experience and she could see I was quite shaken up about it, I asked her about things like did she hear me scream? Did she come in to help me? To which she didn't.

All I could put this down to was a dream, but after reading similar stories on the net, wonder if it could be more of a sleep paralysis syndrome? I take antihistamines before sleep, but have done so for well over 10 years now, with no previous occurrence of this at all. I have had what I believe contact with the paranormal before, although previous times have been when I was well and truly awake. I have had about a month ago what I believe to be a real ghost "good" dream with my deceased grandfather.

Can ghosts visit in dreams? I didn't think it was possible? This experience has freaked me completely, and hope there have been others that have experienced something similar in the past?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

tibblez1990 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
I hate to make presumptions about someone elses life I do not know this is for the original poster and I am citing the simularities in lydia07s experience. In her experience the presence of a real life partner in her bed ceased the experience but whether or not you had your significant other there it seems as if it had no effect on how this situation played out for you. What I find very odd is in the second layer of your dream or "false wake up" your SO was in the other room playing on the computer late at night while you slept which seemed to mirror reality fairly well for you. I hate to be harsh but it appears that you may be feeling the odd sensation of loneliness in a relationship, which is why the dream is coming up in the first place you see in the dream there was nobody next to you to help you battle this creature trying to harm you, you had to physically get up out of bed in your "false wake up and go to the next room to tell your Significant other about the recent occurance. And at that point it is simply the creature in disguise and in the actual wake up she was not there. I hate to say it but I feel as though maybe you sense an underlying fault that could greatly hurt you from continuing this relationship a deep seeded mistrust, even if you do not know why, maybe if its even if you feel like she is not present and available as much as you would like and it bothers you deeply it speaks volumes that in a relationship that was fairly new Lydia07 felt a safety or comfort enough to in her sleep evade this dream reoccuring, where as you were with what sounds like a long time significant other and in my opinion for that reason should not have even had that experience to begin with, sorry if I am overstepping but bravo on the posts guys
amedo786kaka (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Wow!...reading all these comments... Thank GOD I'm a muslim, and we were informed about this by the prophet already 1400years ago... I'm fascinated and all your incidents just increased my faith in islam. I have never experienced theses feelings but I know a lot of others who have. Theres certain quranic verses we read, which we are told will protect us from theses "creatures",which I do read. Those friends I have who were affected by these things, I told them to read this, and thus far whenever they have read it before sleeping, its never affected them...anyways,good luck all...
NLlilangel25 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
wow...I know how you feel... For the past 2yrs now I have been dealing with something kind of like that, and I am not sure what it is. It started when I lived with my parents and I felt like there was something evil standing over me, I couldn't move, I could not pray as hard as I was trying to recite "the our father you art in Heaven..." I could not, I could feel myself yelling for help while I was violently being thrashed around my bed, and there was nothing I could do, this last for a very long time. It was strange because my son said to me the next morning, "mom last night it felt like I was being tossed around in my bed." Oddly enough so was I.
When Its over the man leaves, this went on for weeks every single night, than I moved into my apartment and I thought it was over, but I was so wrong, it happened during the day, it happened in any place in the house but it was always when I was going to sleep.
than I got pregnant with my daughter and I didn't have them, I finally thought it was gone, but 2months after I had her, boom it happened, by this time we are living in our house, but see what was different about this one was I could actually pray, and when I did that I saw the man leave. So I thought that it was all over... But I was very wrong, a few months later my fiancee and I were laying in bed... I could feel it coming on but there was nothing I could do.
I was trying to yell for my fiancee to help me but nothing was coming out, I couldn't move, but I could feel myself being thrashed around. He woke up to this and he woke me up, and I was just in a state of panic.
Again this didn't happen for awhile until the other night... And this one was by far the most violent I had... My daughter was in bed with me... Again I could feel it coming on but there was nothing I could do.
Trying to pray I was being tossed like a rag doll... I could hear my daughter yellin at me to stop, but I couldn't...this time was so different because the last one I had my fiancee was able to stop but this time there was no stopping it...
I am literally scared to go to sleep at night because I don't know when it will happen again.
So I know exactly the fear that you are feeling, I am not sure what I am expericing but is sounds to me that you and I have some similaritys in what is happening to us.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Dear anonymous,

Your story is scary indeed, I advise you to pray every night. I believe a demon harmed you. I also advise you to have your house cleansed and blessed.

I myself have had some bad dreams. Back in 2006, I met this girl in my school and soon we became fierce rivals for influence in school. One night I had a dream of her, holding a bloody butchers knife she chased me around what looked like the halls of my school. It was wierd and scary, I also woke up very exhausted and drowsy. The ironic thing is, the following year in 2007, I gave her a bouquet of roses during Valentine's Day and asked her to be my valentine. To this day, I don't know what drove me to do that.

If you encounter more problems with the demon I advise you look at this site.
Http://www.ncdemonology.org/Home_Page.php

Thank you for sharing your story. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care. You and your situtation will be in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Francois
bugsy (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
I had a dream when I was about 7 years old.
What happened was I was running down the street in a place I have never seen before, the whole city was burned up and their was a bridge I was trying to get acrossed. People were chasing me and I just couldn't run fast enough, I ran into my grandmother at the time she was still alive, she had a bull ring in her nose, and like a bull face, I was so scared I started running from her and she told me to come back that she wouldn't hurt me. I didn't believe her.
All of the sudden I saw horses and men with wings in the sky, white and black horses they had swords, I heard a horn sound. (like a trumpet) and then I woke up. I was sweating and couldn't breath... It was daylight but I could still hear the horn in my head. I ran to my mom in the kitchen and told her what happend, and she told me it was just a dream... It was to real to be a dream. A few hours later I got real sick to my stomach and threw-up. I don't know why this happened and I don't want it to happened again...EVER
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
I'm not new to ghost stuff I have seen 3 and heard one all in this year. I'm only 16 years old. I have never ever had a dream like that only ones which were my granddad haunted me for 5 years since the age of 7 years old. He wasn't violent he just wouldn't leave me alone. He kept coming back to life. I kept dreaming of getting haunted my a grave yard everywhere I would go in my dream there would be a grave yard and I would see granddad 😐
lydia07 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-08)
You know I have had exactly the same dream or whatever it was exept it was a man lying on top of me and he looked like he had been drowned but I couldn't quite see how a ghost could have skin and flesh that I could actually touch but I have met someone now and we sleep together in the same room and now all of a sudden the dreams have stopped, its really weird. 😕
ducky493 (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-28)
thats scary you know I'm new to all this ghots stuff but a lot of this happened to me thanks 😨
Sabrianna kendall (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
four some reason most of my experiences are in the kitchen... Well, I woke up in the middle of the night and went to the kitchen for some water. I went to turn on the lights, when I did they started flickering and went off. So I had to walk in the dark to the sink and I got really cold. When I was at the sink I heard someone behind me. I turned and saw a bowl fall off of the table. I freaked and ran to my parents. When they came they saw footprints, really dirty ones. They called the cops thinking it was a break in. When they cos came they said there was no sign of a break in but there had been someone else in the house. A few days later it happened again but only to me. >do they like me or something?< what do I do? Should I try and make communication?
Sabrianna Kendall (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
when my parents were living in this apartment there was a chip takig out of the wood cabinet in the kitchen. Everyday it got bigger and bigger. Then it started to form, what looked like a man. One day when they came into the kitchen it was in the form of Jesus! It had a beard, long robes,everything... You could even see his eyes which looked so kind! They thought it was some kind of miracle. They called the local church to come out and see it. It was the next day and these weird nuns came, but when they went in the kitchen it was no longer Jesus. It was in the shape of the devil! It grew horns, it was a lot darker, and the eyes were so evil! The nuns started freaking out and said we're cursed by the devil. Leave now! So my parents moved out 2 days later not going in the kitchen cause they said everytime they went in there it felt like someone was squeezing them and they said they felt his evil.>was the devil controlling the house?<
e-mail me at kendwall4 [at] yahoo.com
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
If you are what you say you are "since childhood", and since I am not a Pyshcic and can not read minds I will go with my gut feeling on this one and believe you. If you truely have the gifts you claim to have, your problem is you don't know how to control them. In the spirit plane, you my dear are an easy target. The natural light you produce is like a beacon to those on the other side. They know you can see or hear them or both, but they don't understand that you don't know how to turn it on and off yet. Your fear is also feeding those of a less reputable manner. They are using you as a kind of fueling station. I believe that would be the pain you are feeling. You need to get with an experienced gifted person and learn from them the ways of controling what is going on with the spirit plane. Good luck to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Since childhood (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Since the age of 12 I have been expeiriencing negativey when it comes to spirits.
Just the beggining of this year they have come to me and I've listened to their verbal comments, felt my heart being squeezed which led me to emergency room,twice, my right falopian tube being flicked and violated in the worst way a woman can be violated. Only one or twice I was left with a bruse.
I am a very spiritual person, a developing medium and clairvoyant. I seems that I can no longer ingnore who and what I am. I hear them, see them and feel them and it was a little difficult to accept these gifts that I have.
For several months now it seems that I cannot pray enough nor voice my opinion to them (Usually telling them to leave me alone). When they decide that it is you they want to bother they will stick around for quite some time.
I do not know what to do with this one or them.
They do inflict physical pain which may last any where from several hours up to several days and no, pain releivers do not help.
My apologies, I felt the need to vent, howver I welcome anyone with similair experiences to contact me and please do not feel alone...mystique20439 [at] hotmail.com...nubian_6712 [at] yahoo.com
Mike (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
3 nights in the last week I have had this sensation of being held down, arms to my side, not able to move, not able to open my mouth or my eyes, hearing what I want to say in my mind, but not being able to say it. Along with this is the feeling of electricity going through my body, that'a the best way I can describe it. I had the same experience 2 years ago in Oregon. I had it only once, the next day I went through the apartment and told the spirit to leave me alone, that apparently worked. 3 years prior to that I had my very first experience in Los Angeles. The spirit haunted me for several months by leaning over me while I slept. This also had a weird electricity feel to it. There would be white energy swirling around and around in front of my face. It would lead to me waking up very abruptly and being completely awake from a sound sleep. I have a feeling it is all connected.
JackEdwards (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
well, if that happens again, I suggest that you get some help because it may be a violent spirit actually trying to hurt you, when I use the term (sleep paralysis) I mean being visited in night by demons and spirits, even elemental energys. I feel that if you are told that it is just sp and there is nothing to worry about, be cautious because I believe that sp is more than just a sleep disorder, I feel it is a way for spirits to manifest them self to you in a more reliable way other than orbs and unexplainable sounds.
Sheree (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
I have experienced something like this before only my husband was trying to wake me up and I was shaking and moving and trying to scream and he said I was like gasping for air or something then I stopped and I woke up. I told him I had this crazy dream some dark figure was over me trying to strangle me. What is so strange about it I never felt like I was alseep. After it stopped I sat up and told him what happened. He said I was dead asleep and started moving and breathing funny and my eyes were closed and he was trying to talk to me that I was dead asleep.
sferro (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-18)
Well I am soon to be 36 in a few days and these sleep paralysis experiences have just begun for me in the past 6 months... I posted "An Angelic Devilish dream" posted under Misc... 2 dreams in Sept. 2006... Just a few weeks ago March 2007 I dreamed something similiar to yours... Have not seen an old lady, but I was on my back and felt a presence... Someone holding my mouth shut... Could not move...yell...NOTHING~! Horrible... I do remember saying... OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER... With a vingance..."Jesus Rebuke him" Jesus Rebuke Satin" "Jesus Rebuke Him" don't know why, but did... And it felt like a harsh devil voice coming from my mouth... It seemed so long like 15 min. And finally I woke... During the whole experience I saw a black shadow on the upper wall in front of my bed... When I woke and was relieved I saw the shadow start to fade and in the left corner of the wall a bunch of tiny gold specs or dots clustered just floating there... Then I woke and all went away. I hated it once again! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT ALL THIS IS ABOUT... Now that I am researching, clearly as you see your comments... It is happening to lots of us... What is it... Why us? I do wonder if we are chosen one's for some reason? Someone tryn' to use us or tell us something... So wish I knew... Please let me know if you get a good satisfying answer...Thanks...Shanna
gary (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-16)
last night I was trying to sleep and I was thinking about ghost and I must have been half asleep but all of a sudden I felt something like go in me and I could not move and I wanted to call for my brother but I couldn't speak either and I finally was able to move and it freaked me out... Anyone wanna talk or know anything about this email me Lilblueeyesboy [at] yahoo.com
V (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-10)
I've seen this white woman 3 times in the past month. I'm 22 years old and a lesbian.
I don't know why I would see this entity.
Every time I see the entity it is always 5 minutes after my partner leaves for work in the morning.

Just this morning I was attacked again and as I was trying to turn the lamp next to my bed, a hand held my arm back.

I've always had this entity always disguising itself as my partner. I'm freaked out.
If anyone wants to chat about this please email me
mobilefitwireless [at] gmail.com
Dark-Heart (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
when unwanted entitys enter a room that you are in you can feel presures on your chest thats preventing you from breathing properly thats probably what you felt in the dream enetitys can enter your dreams and some of them make you half concious so you leave your body I have had two exsperiences of comeing out of my body and meeting unfriendly entitys the first time I fought it off but the second time its happend to me wich was a couple days ago when I was taking a nap I had quite a violent dream then all of a sudden I was out of my body I saw the door leading to the deck that I was sleeping with my feet facing towards but there was this white entity with a skull for a face that kept screaming at me and so I went to defend myself like I did with the last one but it wouldnt work it drained my energy and I was helpless fortunatly for me I became fully concious of my body and was free to re enter it I woke up completly shaken up and felt electrical surges run through my body...my advise to you is that if it happens again realise it is a dream and remember its your dream you can do whatever you want in a dream so do whatever you can to fight this thing off thats why your always safe in a dream because it is only a dream and entitys become part of that dream once they decide to enter I hope this helps
andy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-24)
im glad I read this. lately I have been experienceing a lot of sleep paralysis. and I know its not a dream. I'm aware what state I'm in. the first time it happened I got up from my bed looked around to go downstairs where my buddies hav spent the night. an di was pulled from I thought were these females arms. and as I got pulled into the corner of my bed. it felt something kiss's the rigt side of my ribcage.
and just last night. on 2/23/2005 I was in the same state again. and a female hand was caressing my body. please if someone has had some sort of similiar experience. please email me at wolfcash186 [at] yahoo.com
Paul (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-18)
Something holds me down sometimes in the middle of the night. I havn't been able to see it though, It lasts for about a minute.Once it was pulling my arm to drag me off the bed. I'm pretty sure I am awake at the time. Pretty scary. Glad i'm not the only one. True story
Jeni (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-06)
Don't feel alone....I'm afraid to go to sleep at night because it's been happening to me for years. Now I have control to get rid of whoeverit is by screaming (nobody else can hear) "in the name of Jesus Christ leave me alone" and it leaves. I swear, it may sound bizarre, but it works. I've had some kind of entity or spirit follow me for years now. I'm a normal girl with a normal life, but this has been haunting me for a long time. I hope my faith in Jesus Christ will get rid of it, or I will find the reason behind it. take care.....Jeni
claire (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-28)
Yeah it is really bazare that people see the same looking woman, its crazy! I dont know why you saw someone different looking though. I really dont know what to say! I dont know if it was sleep paralysis or something supernatural.
Dan (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-27)
Too bad you had to meet the old hag, the succubus is a lot more pleasant (no joke, I'm speaking from experience).
anonymous (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-27)
Thanks for the info. I have been reading the Old Hag stories too, I can definitely say that I wouldn't've classified this being as an Old Hag. I find it a little bizarre that people all over the world with no knowledge of the story can suffer from the same kind of phenomenom, and see pretty much the same person. I think I did fall asleep on my back too that night, and just want to add I'm 30 and this is the first time this has ever happened to me, hopefully the last.
claire (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-27)
Ive heard of several stories like this and it very well could be sleep paralysis. When I was reading your story it reminded me of somethig about an "old lady" visiting people in the night and attacking them. Its been going around for centuries. But its strange that everyone seems to see the same kind of woman, and you saw someone different. I dont know much about sleep paralysis, I'm not sure if you are able to move whilst having the dream? because you obviously could. But anyway I found this for you! And it does mention something about an old woman.

Learn to recognise the symptoms. Sleep paralysis can affect different people in many different ways. Knowing what to expect and how it can affect you can make symptoms much easier to cope with. Individual experiences vary, but some symptoms can include: overwhelming feelings of evil entities watching you, an intruder in your room, alien abductions, rape, an "old bag lady" or "old hag" attacking or suffocating you in your sleep, and many other frightening experiences that always take place while in a paralyzed state.
Research the experiences of others. It's much easier to deal with such a frightening event when you know you're not the only one. Talk about it with your friends. You might be surprised to learn that someone you know has gone through something similar. You can also talk to your doctor about sleep paralysis; there are some medical procedures that can help in extreme cases.
Determine what triggers your sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis can be triggered by a variety of situations. Some researchers agree that sleep paralysis is most commonly caused by the position you fall asleep in, most commonly when lying on your back. Often, triggers can be factors in your life that you have no control over, such as stress, environment, or even your dreams. Try keeping a log of the conditions of your episode of paralysis. Track details of the experience, the time, your sleep pattern, sleeping position, mental/emotional state before and after you were paralyzed, and if you were paralyzed while falling asleep or upon waking up. This can all be useful information, especially if you decide to see a doctor about the condition.
Avoid the Triggers. The best way to cope with sleep paralysis is not to experience it at all. Identifying your personal triggers and working to avoid them will significantly reduce the chances of experiencing sleep paralysis. If you experience sleep paralysis every time you sleep on your back, try sleeping on your side or stomach. If your sleep paralysis happens every time you work overtime, try to avoid overtime. It's simple and effective at preventing sleep paralysis.
Sleep Regularly. Sleep patterns can have a drastic effect on sleep paralysis. Keeping a regular healthy sleep pattern and getting enough sleep can significantly reduce the likelihood of sleep paralysis episodes.
Just Relax. Although sleep paralysis can be frightening when accompanied by a hallucination, some people only experience the feeling of being paralyzed. When this happens, know that although 20 seconds might seem like five minutes, it's not going to harm you. If you focus on moving, you can break out of it quickly. As in the movie "Kill Bill", try wiggling your big toe and you'll be able to move the rest of your body in no time.
Tell your partner about it. Along with the paralysis, most people find that they are unable to talk or cry out for help. The only thing you can do is open your eyes and make a low muffled groaning noise. Make sure your partner can identify this so they can calmly wake you out of paralysis. Don't be upset if they fail to identify that you are experiencing sleep paralysis. It's like trying to determine if someone is having a bad dream, you have to focus on it to know it's happening.
Get Older. Sounds silly but sleep paralysis usually starts at a young age and becomes most frequent during the teenage years. Paralysis should become less and less frequent as you get older, and often by the time you reach 30 years of age the symptoms can disappear completely.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: