You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Girl At The Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl At The Door

 

I used to live in this apartment and it was an apartment I'll never forget. Many things that seemed paranormal happened there, so before I get started I'd like you all to keep an open mind... Here we go.

First thing I ever heard about was from my mom (she's as much of a believer as me). I came home one day and she was truly scared and I asked what had happened. She explained that she was sitting in her room and her bedroom door was open. Then she saw a girl in a gown walk by her bedroom door and she said the way the girl was walking she would have had to walk through the wall (nobody else was home at this time). My mom quickly got up and looked to see who it was but, she found nobody. Me and my mom had decided not to tell my younger siblings because they were already afraid of the dark and what not... Well, later that night as my mom was laying in bed about to fall asleep she felt as if someone was climbing into bed with her. She rolled over expecting to see one of my siblings crawling in with her but she saw nothing.

Now this is the second thing that really spooked my mom and I out. We were all hanging out in my mom's room (this occurs a lot). Well we heard someone knocking and my young brother, who was about three or four at the time, got up to answer it and I followed to see who it was. He opened the door to nothing... That I could see. He quickly ran back in my mom's room and said to my sisters, "There's a girl out there for you." I was very confused so the girls came to the door and said, "there's nobody there." He pointed straight ahead and said, "yeah huh, she's right there!" They walked away thinking he was "dumb" as they would say, but me and my mom looked at each other in horror and my brother just went back to the room and continued watching tv.

Now this is the last thing... They seem to get more intense as time went by. Me and my mom were the only one's home and I think my cousin might have been there. Well, we wanted to watch tv but could not find the remote so we were searching the entire living room when suddenly the tv flips on. A while after that we found the remote under the chair. Now I know that tv's can have technical difficulties but I have never seen one where the tv actually turns on by itself. Anyways... That night I was sleeping in my room and I woke up disturbed. I didn't know why I felt that way but I did and I was scared. Not even ten seconds after I woke up my bedroom door flew open as if someone was furious and ran into my room. I felt some wind past my face and then it was over. I was so scared that I prayed and then chanted, "I am not afraid of you" about twenty times. After that we never saw her again... Minor things like lights flickering and footsteps were heard but nothing more.

Do any of you think the girl at the door haunts the apartment? I'd like to know your opinions.

Other hauntings by Elvira

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Elvira, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elvira (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-25)
mementomori, nobody asked her what she wanted... Everyone was too afraid well... Me and my mom haha I guess he didn't see her anymore cause he never mentioned it again.

Zzsgranny, they were all probably just a week apart and he was about seven and we had been living there for about a year or so... Nope nobody ever asked them to leave... They did it on their own.

😊 ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-09-25)
Elvira: How old was your brother at the time of your Mom's first sighing, and how long up to that point had you been living there?...Also, how much time between the two events you mentioned?...Also (LOL), did your Mom ask the first entity to leave, or anything like that?...I ask because, if she banished her after the first occurance, she my have been trying to get back in a different way... Very creative young'un! 😊 ❤
mementomori (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
When you mentioned the girl earlier, she didn't seem to me to be very angry or upset. I wonder why she would come rushing into your room like that... Unless it was a different girl... And when your brother told your mom that there was "a girl out there for you", did your mother ask your brother what the girl wanted? She seemed like a good spirit.
Elvira (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
jadie, is it possible that a ghost can travel like that? I mean I know that they can be attached to certain people and follow them but can they just randomly move? I'm baffled.

Shuster 84, well I wasn't that scared... I was starting to get used to it because of everything else that was happening. I think the only thing that really scared me was that it came in my room... It had never done that before, and it never did it again.

DARKNESS, hmmm I never thought to ask my brother if he saw her again... My brother often slept with me when he got scared and who knows... Maybe she was the reason he was getting scared.

Sarah-sadist, I really hope it was a happy place wrather than a horrifying one.

And zzsgranny, I really liked your comment... And the whole inviting her in thing... Maybe that's what happened but if that were the case then, who did my mom see?

Thank you all for you time and open minds 😊

-Elvira ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Elvira: I don't think the little girl was the one inside the apartment... She may have been associated with the one in your home though... I know it's been a while since you've lived there, but was there any history in the area of children being abducted, or murdered?...They may have been friends in life... Unless someone at some point told the little girl she could come in, well, I'll give you an example:

The last house we lived in, the light on the entryway outside would always flicker... Until I would say something like: "Hi, I know you're here", or, "Good-morning", whatever... As soon as I acknowledged it, it would stop... We could be ouside any where from a few minutes to an hour, and it would only stop after I spoke to it...We, of course, checked the bulb, wiring, even changed bulbs, and it continued... My point is (finally 😆), I never told it that it could come inside... I felt that's what it wanted, but I wouldn't let it in... I just didn't want to invite someone/thing into a house that I was planning on moving out of...

Since your brother was the only one who could see her, is there a chance that he could have unintentionally invited this entity in?...

Interesting story... Looking forward to more 😊 ❤
Jadie (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
I think I know who that is. You might not believe me, but I knew a ghost once. She wore a white dress and had dark hair 😊
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
From what I have read when a spirit stays behind in one place it means that it was the happiest place in there life or something just aweful happened that they just can't move on and end up staying. Who knows maybe the little girl was loney. And your little brother never saw her again?
~Sarah~
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Elvira sounds like this girl was definitely trying to get some attention and seems as though she succeded. Definitely would have been a scary experience, I have a feeling that your younger brother being at that age would have experienced this girl a whole lot more have you spoken to him about this at all, or is he still to young possibly? Hopefully she has moved on.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Shuster84 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
That is friggin scary! 😭 I don't know what I would do if that happened to me. I think I would die of fright.
Elvira (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
nope, nothing more has happened but we moved out of that apartment a long time ago and we live in a house now which has had experiences but I will share those another time 😊
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
I think it is likely it is the girl who you saw is haunting the appartment. I think she was just making her presence known. Has anything since happened?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: