You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Cat Or Imagination

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Cat Or Imagination

 

I was only 6 at the time of this experience at the Myrtles Plantation. I was with my Grandma, sister and Aunt. The guide was talking about the man who got shot, climbed to the 21st step, and died in his wife's arms. I was standing behind the table near the big glass doors. My sister and Aunt were playing pranks on me because they thought it was funny that I believe in the paranormal, since they didn't believe that ghosts truly do exist. The guide had just started talking about the children and that's when I felt it. Fur, going around my ankles. I felt purring as well.

I had turned to see if it was my sister and aunt messing with me, but it wasn't so I turned back around. I looked down, and saw nothing was there. So I told my Grandma and she said it was just the kids when I could clearly feel fur and purring. Thats when the guide started talking about... The cat. I wasn't going to say something because I thought everyone would look at me like I was crazy. So I kept quiet. So the ghost tour went on and I kept feeling it, until I got into the car. Yet, it still lingered for a while and I never said a word about what had happened because I really didn't want to get laughed at. It scared me quite a bit, but I didn't freak out.

So please believe me guys... This WAS REAL!

Other hauntings by GhostAngel12

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostAngel12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sleepyhollow17 (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
omg! When I went there in 2007 I felt the samething on my ankles in the front room, with the staircase! I just thought it was a bug or something, the feeling was very light, and I didn't feel the purring. Wow! I know what that was now! Thanks! And another thing, when my friend and I were standing around the staircase with the group, I saw the shadow of a man on the staircase. It was like, a shadow agains a brick wall in full sunlight. I think I was the only one who saw it because I asked my friend and he didn't see it. It couldn't have been nything in the room, and the shadow had the hairstyling of a mid-1800s man! It was creepy.
GhostAngel12 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Thanks guys, It means a lot that you guys believe that I'm not crazy.I've told many people and half of them were skeptics they seriously thought I was crazy. Though I don't blame them because skeptiks often don't believe the belivers. Thanks again! 😁 ❤ 😊
mementomori (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
I believe you. What is important though is that you believe it, other people are not as open and sensitive to the "spiritual" side as you may be, so they may not have an understanding and may think that you are crazy. BUT YOU ARE NOT! 😁
shadowphil13 (22 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
You ain't crazy, I can tell you that. You're not the only one who've seen this cat. I've read and heard about Myrtles Plantation, and one of the reports was that a phantom cat has been reportedly seen all over the plantation. And, Dreamergal, this report of a phantom feline has been seen for years. The black cat you might have seen was probably just another wandering living cat.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
I Do believe you I been there already before I seen black cat last year I think It maybe been her She very Friendly black cat I meet the black cat while she was alive so I didn't know that she died when you told the story I am shock now so it might be her she would let you pet her and she very friendly and would follow you all day lol it might be her I give her name Mytles cause she belong to Mytles Plantion. I am glad you over there if you seen the live black cat then I have no idea which cat that was.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Yeah I do believe you... Who are we to think the only living species that progress to the afterlife are humans... Tell you what? If it were based on our nature... We would be at the end of the cue and we are a so called intelligent species!..."YEAH RIGHT" OK "rant" is over... Nice little spiritual cat was at least cosy and friendly instead of scarring the daylights out of you... Cheers thank you for sharing your story... 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: