You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: College Dorm, Sleep Paralysis, Nightmares 2

Real Ghost Stories

College Dorm, Sleep Paralysis, Nightmares 2

 

Another experience of mine, this happened in the same college dormitory as my first post. Another night that I was sleeping in bed, I became aware that I was experiencing sleep paralysis. The same thing happened, I knew I was in bed, I could "see" the room and the location of the furniture etc., when all of a sudden, I saw my friend (a journalist who was buried earlier that day; he had died because he was shot while covering a story) walk across the room only to stop at the door.

At the door (my bed is the nearest one to the door), I saw that he looked exactly the same as when he was alive a few months ago, and I saw him reach his hand out to me, like he wanted me to come with him. I felt myself rising from the bed, my hand reaching out to touch him. Just when I was about to touch him, our hands a mere inch from each other, I felt a searing pain down my side, and I woke up, my heart beating really fast.

The next day, I texted my mother (who was also pretty close to my friend who died) and told her about my "dream"/sleep paralysis and she replied that he had also shown himself in a dream to her and beckoned to her as well. I believed then, and I still believe now, in the Filipino belief in 'sundo' (roughly translated: to fetch), when a dead relative or friend appears to you and asks you to come with them, you will die.

Other hauntings by 50ftqueen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 50ftqueen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

didyouseethat (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-20)
I was about to share my experience, too. The same topic as yours... Same place (dormitory in Manila). I enjoyed reading your experience.
50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Luce, I think it was more of a 'sundo' or 'to fetch' as we say it here in the PI.
luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
One of the reasons why I didn't pursue that career. Aside from the hours you spend on a story, you're a walking target. I pray he finds peace despite the injustice.
50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Luce, to date, his killer hasn't been brought to justice. Typical story of human rights abuses here in the Philippine. Sigh.
luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Hi, been reading some stories in your profile.
Nakakatakot naman. Baka gusto niya lang magpaalam? 😨
Hope he's in a better place/plane now.
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
Hey 50ft Queen in the beginning of your story I thought its ounded like a night terror. If you are interested in finding out what that is here is a good link http://www.nightterrors.org/
But after reading the entire passage, it sounds far to coincidental to me that your mother had the same dream, I had a dream very similar to yours I even have a story about it on this site, I feel for you.
RMcGrew (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-05)
I feel for you. I have experienced the same kind of sleep paralysis. I truly believe that when you are in that state you are vulnerable to "the other side." I also wonder if it is true that if you give in to the "pull" that you feel you will die. I always feel an urgency to wake myself up in these cases... And wonder if I just relax and give in... If I will not wake up.

Much love to you and your family! ❤
50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-04)
Hi zander, unfortunately, no, my mom and I never saw him again after that day, although sometimes around the anniversary of his death I will smell roses, or the scent of funerary flower arrangements. I doubt he was showing me pain, he was had a serene smile on his face while he was calling to me.
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
Oh, my Lord. I feel very sad for your friend.

I have no doubt that the concept of sundo exists and is very real. However, I can't help but wonder if in this case, he was "showing" you the pain he experienced at being shot rather than inviting you to the spirit world.

Anyway, you are still here, thank God. Have you or your Mom seen him in a dream again, since?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: