You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandmother's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Grandmother's Ghost

 

When my boyfriend and I first started dating, I was having dinner with his family; waiting for dinner to be served and idly looking around the house. The dining area is located in front of a staircase that leads up to the second floor of the house.

When I looked up at the staircase, I saw an old woman with faded hair; she was hunched over and seemed to be on her way down. I kept waiting for the other members of the family to call to her and tell her dinner was ready, but since nobody did, I assumed she was a visiting relative and dismissed the whole thing.

Months later, I casually mentioned the old woman to my boyfriend, asking who the old woman was. He looked confused, and I described her as I saw her. Freaked out, he asked what she was wearing. I said long house dress in a paisley print.

He then went to his uncle and asked if any of their relatives stayed with them during that time, and when his uncle said no, he really freaked out and said that I saw his grandmother who had died nine years ago in that house.

A year later, they moved to another apartment and I saw old family pictures that I hadn't seen when we were at their old house. When I saw his grandmother's photo, I knew for sure that she was the woman I had seen.

Other hauntings by 50ftqueen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 50ftqueen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-04-20)
BlackMurderknot: It all comes down to that little thing called "faith". No one has ever seen God and lived to tell about it either, and yet millions of people around the globe still believe in His existence. Why? Because they have faith.
BlackMurderknot (guest)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-20)
I don't believe in purgatory and doesn't not even mentioned in the Bible. How can they say it DOES EXIST if they didn't went to that place yet.

If some was offended by my comment, I'm sorry 😐
50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
[at] darkness, she didn't look disturbed at all, she just looked like an old woman taking her time moving out from her room. No one else saw her, just me. [at] badjuujuu, I'm not surprised if she stayed after death, she was ill for a long time. [at] miracles51031, thank you. I just think that it was her way of checking on her grandson, they were quite close. Oh, and if I met with her approval.:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
50ftqueen - please don't let some of the comments posted here worry you. I think you were in the right place at the right time and you got blessed. Maybe next time she stops in to check on her family, one of them will be lucky enough to see her too.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
sinner
You know what I really have to say this. And I really do not care if some people on this site get mad.
For you to tell someone that their grandma is in purgatory is very insincere and sick statement.
And I say this because my grandma died years ago and I got visits from her.
😐
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
I really doubt that she is in purgatory. Sometimes relatives who have crossed over look in on their living loved ones from time to time. If she were in purgatory, I would think her apparition would have shown signs of fear or distress. The author makes no mention of the presence seeming upset.
sinner (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
The Grandma may be in need of some prayers; she may be in purgatory...
JazzRaym (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
seeing an old lady is more scary than any other thing. Especially when he/she looks at you.
MARINExSNIPA (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
This is crazy scary. I'm reading this in the dark so I'm paranoid right now. But I believe you. I had an encounter once but with a scary entity. Thanks for sharing.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Dear old grandma... Pass this message on to your boyfriend... She doesn't want him to freak out... And I gathered you didn't... See How it works?...good on you grandma his ready... 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Sounds a bit freaky the way you described her, was she looking at you? Did your boyfriend or any of his relatives experience anything?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: