You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: College Dorm Fright

Real Ghost Stories

College Dorm Fright

 

If you want to go to any place that is haunted, just go to the small city of Savannah, Georgia. It's teeming with haunted life; you can't escape it when you're there; every square inch of that city is haunted; and it makes sense since it's one of the oldest towns in the United States. The locals would knowingly live side by side with these spirits as if they're residents nonchalantly. I once saw an object move on its own next to a cashier and he just casually move it back and said, "Hey, ghost of Kevin, stop moving my stuff already." The city even thrives off of its paranormal attraction with bus and nightly tours.

I went to college there as a hard skeptic, to come out as a total believer. (Fun fact: My first dorm was formerly a coffin factory, that's how weirdly macabre this little city can be)

I had MANY ghost stories from that city in my four years there, but I'll tell one of them that still gives me the creeps to this day.

One night in my dorm, I woke up around 2 am and I needed to use the bathroom. As I went out across the hall to go, I saw someone at the corner of my eye coming out from their room and started walking towards the other bathroom on that side. I didn't think much of it and thought it was my dorm-mate who just happened to go at the same time. She tends to stay up really late to finish assignments anyhow. I did my business and started to walk back only to see her walking back like me.

I turned to look and wave at her, but stopped dead in my tracks... And so did this person.

This girl wasn't my dorm-mate.

She had red hair, pale features and she was wearing this large t-shirt that covers her down to her knees. What's extremely eerie was the fact she stopped at the same time when I turned to look at her, but she wasn't looking at me. She was looking right towards the room where my dorm-mate would be. I started to wonder if the door leading to the bathroom had opened to begin with...

I got tense, and quickly went into my room to shut the door and lock it.

It took me a moment and I decided it was just late night fogs and I imagined it, or it was a friend of hers. (A peculiar friend she has...) However, my door started to violently shake!

Someone was trying to open the door in a hurry. I was startled and I called out to my dorm-mate if that was her.

No answer.

I decided to open the door to see that no one was there.

I felt freaked out of course, but I just wanted to think it was just my mind playing tricks with me, them playing a prank, or I was just fatigued. I eventually went back to sleep but I was awoken again by something unknown. I felt something wasn't right. I was about to turn my lamp back on until I saw something at the corner of my eye again. And it was in front of my door in my room.

Obviously I was scared now, and I thought it was a good idea to look right at where I supposedly saw someone, and I did.

It was the same girl, staring at me and she had these terrifying sad, pit-black eyes. I yelled in shock and switched on the lamp to find her gone right after. It wasn't long until my dorm-mate in my hall came out and asked if I was okay. I was confident enough to tell her what I saw, but she didn't know what to think.

I couldn't go back to sleep that night.

Later, I decided to ask my dorm-mate across the hall about what happened. When I described it to her, she immediately froze and she looked a little scared herself. She told me, "I saw her too. To be honest, I did some research on my own time about any significant hauntings in our dorms. I found a case where a female student committed suicide in my room where I stay in..."

(Sadly, there are cases of students committing suicide notoriously so every year attending this college)

To this day, it makes the hairs from the back of my head stand just thinking about it.

But I do hope that this spirit finds peace...

Other hauntings by CarmenXerxes

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CarmenXerxes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Paul1 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-06-01)
Oh say a Rosary or light a candle in a Catholic Church and say some prayers for the souls in Purgatory and she will find the light and go away.
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-06-01)
Hi again CarmenXerxes

It's really tragic when someone decides to end their life, I also hope that those spirits find peace, but when someone takes their own life it causes a negative impact in the surrounding which is where other negative entities can dwell, that's just my opinion anyway.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: