You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: It Called My Name

Real Ghost Stories

It Called My Name

 

This is my first post and before finding this website I was a little shy of telling people about my experiences for fear that I would be made fun of and teased. This experience happened in the spring time in 2010 (forgive me for being so broad but since I've been going to school I go by terms). I had just gotten home from a long day of school and work and I was getting ready to go to bed. At this time it was 10 or 11 at night and unusually early for me to go to bed since I hate going to bed or sleeping.

I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and going to the bathroom when all the sudden as I go to get off the toilet I hear someone call my name. Now I don't think anything of it because my friend was living with my mom and I at the time so I thought it was her calling my name so that I would come in her bedroom and talk a little before turning in for the night. Her bedroom is literally right across from the bathroom so I hurried in the door (which by the way was almost all the way shut) and call her name while noticing that she looks like she's asleep.

My friend turns over and asks what I want and I ask her right back what does she mean what do I want she was the one that called me first. I ask her again didn't she call my name and she gives me a funny look and says "I defiantly didn't". At first I think she's playing a joke on me because we had gone ghost hunting the other night (I know, I know I realize this is a stupid idea now especially doing it at the cemetery. Again duh on my part.)

So I say I'm serious she needs to stop messing around. Well this goes on for another minute and I start to freak because I'm a big scaredy cat when it comes down to it, so I throw my moms door open and come busting in the room begging her to tell me that she called my name. She says no and with the most alarmed face I've ever seen her make she asks me what the heck is going on. Well I tell her and no one of can come up with a reason for me hearing my name called.

I don't have any pets and there were no open windows for me to mistake my name being called, there wasn't even a television or radio on. And as far as I know I don't suffer from auditory hallucinations. I did do a house cleansing and it worked then something else happened but that's another story. Thank you for taking the time to read my story and any comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kalli_psy90, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

anne_k92 (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
oh damn it kind of freaked me out a little to hear "someone" called your name in the late night. I experience the same but not at night, its at late afternoon. Likewise, it sounded the same age as me, and as young and nonchalant voice... Perhaps it someone close 2 us... But who knows? May god bless u. Loved, anne.
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
SuperHBK
Thank you so much for your suport believe it or not I really have been ridiculed and it's nice to have people to share my story with. That is a really interesting idea and it makes me think of my aunt who recenly died (I call it recently but it was last year). I will look into that thank you so much for your advice and suport. ❤Kalli

Diecon
That is really interesting too. I never thought about it that way and it's sort of cool but mostly creepy that someone would pull my friends voice from inside my head to try and get my attention. It does make since. Thank you for your comment it does help to have a new perspective on things.
❤Kalli
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Hi Kalli... First of I want to say that if someone teases you about these types of things they are a bunch of idiots, you don't have to be shy about this. I am glad that you shared your story with us and may I say that wow its very interesting. Now my advice... From what I have learned in the past of these types of name calling it might be that someone in your family or friendship ring has passed away and that they are in need of help, and that they trust you to bring them to rest. I might be wrong on this but this is only what I think is a possibility.

HBK ❤
DieCon (4 stories) (25 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
sometimes when an entity dose not have the energy to do anything large. It has to use your brain in the smallest amount of energy possible, and let your brain matrix the rest.
So your brain got the message but it had to be amplified by your brain, and brought terms you can understand. That is why it sounded like your friend someone you attach meaning to. Meet and marry ❤
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
I did think about that but I'm not usually tired at night because I'm slightly nocternal. All jokes aside really I'm more likely to fall asleep during the day time then at night so I really don't think it could have been from me being over tired but thank you for the thought. ❤ Kalli
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
Maybe it was a ghost just playing with you?
Being really tired could relate to that also, not saying that you have any problems, but anyone can mistake hearing something vivid like that sometimes.
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
sorry I got cut off:
Said nothing about someone passing away in the house. The voice sounded my age. Something else did happen a few days after. I'm making another post about it but here's the gist: I was sleeping on my couch and all the sudden I felt someone lighly press on my feet at the end of the couch like they were trying to look over at me. I've also seen shadows frequently there.
Thank you for your comments they really do help. Hope to hear from your soon, ❤Kalli
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
TheGirlInWhite
The vioce was female that's why I thought it was my friend it sounded just like her. I don't know how old the houde is and if had to guess maybe it was build in the 90's or 80's. It used to be a quadraplex and the last owner s
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
Wow, I know if I was in your shoes I would be freaked out too, thanks for sharing.
I don't suppose you know anything about how old your house is, or past occupiers? It might help to find out who was caling your name. Can you describe the voice-was it male, female, someone who was your age/younger/older? Just curious.:P

(to help you understand what I'm saying let's call this thing a ghost)

It may just be that this 'ghost' of yours could just be a past occupier showing it's exsistance by calling your name. It doesn't sound like it has done anything bad to you at all, so I don't think it's anything serious, just someone who wants you to know he/she is there.

That's the gist I get from what you've written. Has anything else happened since that? Even if it's little things like finding objects in weird places.

Hope this helps.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: