You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dad's New House

Real Ghost Stories

Dad's New House

 

I grew up in a family that believes in the spirit world that much. Most members of our family see things and we often talk about it. I was still very young when I started to realize that I see things. My third eye was very active back then and luckily now, I only get to feel them but still see them sometimes. This is my first story to share and it dates back in 2004 when my father (Who has a family of his own now since they got separated with my mom, I live at my mom's place) rented an old house that used to be a library before in Capitol site, Cebu. I was 14 but that wasn't the first encounter that I had with ghosts.

When school was over, we used to take a 2-week vacation at my dad's place with my siblings to spend time with him and my half-siblings. When we first got to the house, we noticed that we always felt uncomfortable and that there was something odd with the place.

Let me describe the house first. The house was "L" shaped. It has 8 bed rooms, 4 bathrooms, a big kitchen, and 2 living rooms. Only 6 bedrooms were used because my sisters shared the same room, me and my brothers shared one room, a room for my elder sister, one for my elder brother, room for the house helpers or yayas, and the master's bedroom where my father and stepmother slept. The other 2 rooms were usually used to store unused things.

It was around 9pm and all of us watched TV in our room (boy's room). I remember that we turned the lights on as we watched a movie. My brother RJ (not his real name) was already asleep next to me. I already felt sleepy watching the movie and eventually followed my brother into a deep slumber. I don't remember the time but I woke up feeling so cold. The lights were already off but I could still see the area well because of the light outside the window. Thinking that the AC was set high, I was planning to lower the AC down when I realized that someone, rather something was standing just a few inches right beside my feet. A lady was staring at me and I was so scared that I wasn't able to move a single muscle on my body. I could see the form of her face but couldn't get a clear picture of it and worse was she was just inches away from me! I was shaking already when I remembered my brother beside me. With all the courage left in me at that time, I managed to close my eyes and wake my brother up asking him to move closer to me. Reasoning out that I was feeling cold, my brother moved closer. I covered myself with my blanket and started praying hard (I forgot how many times I repeated the apostles creed because of the fear I felt) until I fell asleep again.

That morning when we had our breakfast, I asked my brother if he noticed anything unusual when I woke him up. He said that he didn't find anything unusual but he asked why we were still watching TV with all the lights on at a very late hour. I was shocked when I heard that and told him the story. We got so scared that we asked one of our yayas to sleep with us on our room the nights after that.

Sorry this took a bit too long. There were still a lot of things that happened at that house but I'll post them later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, irvin000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
i also experienced the very same thing. Seeing a faceless lady in the middle of the night scared the hell out of me.
irvin000 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-12)
Thanks for the advise guys...

I'm already 20 now and that was back when I was still 14. A lot of things happened there and all of us experienced spooky things at the house, including my father. I'm not quite sure about the history of the place since I didn't bother to ask my dad about it. I'll post the other things that happened soon.

-oOIRVINOo-
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-11)
Wow that seems like a big house! It sounds as though, by the way the lady was staring at you she may not understand why you are in the home she is probably a previous owner or tenant perhaps she doesn't realise that she has passed on. I'm also curious to know if anyone else has experinced anything. Keep us posted.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-11)
Is the home older? Were there other families in the home prior to your father and family moving in to the home? The woman and the feelings you have mayu be related to past activities in the home.

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-11)
Really creepy. You know there is only one creator & He can do & use what ever He wants to get you to pray. But I'm thinking if the house feels funky always then there's something goin on other than what I suggested above. You should be brave, hunny ask God to protect you & when you come to feeling spooked out ask what it wants from you or if you really feel threatened tell it to go away & pray out loud. Has anyone else seen or heard, smelled, etc. That live there all the time? I' ask the house keepers & yayas. Bless you & yours, much love.

~LSD~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: