You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Door In My Cousins Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Door In My Cousins Room

 

My aunt lived in Stevenage (in the UK, England), I must have been around 9 years old, I'm 24 now. My cousin had a room at the top of the square spiral staircase. I was on a mattress on the floor in the corner of the room, there was an old tele on a tall stand at the end of the mattress and the door was to my right across the room, it was a fairly big room. It had white/cream fluffy carpet. (I remember because when they first moved in, me and my cousin was rubbing our feet on it, admiring the comfort of it).

Well anyways, I awoke from a dream of my brother punching me, I bolted awake. The tele turned on or off (I can't be sure), then, the handle of the door started going down by itself, I just sat there wide eyed staring at the door, it then opened about half way. Then I heard rubbing on the carpet (reminded me of when we first moved in, a similar sound, like a shuffle). I heard whispering out in the hallway (though, my imagination and thoughts and heart was racing at this point, so I could have imagined this bit) - I heard 'Nan' echoing up and down the hallway.

I don't know how, but after what felt like forever, I built up the courage and legged it (ran) down the stairs. No one believed me until the (not sure which one, but one upstairs) slammed in my dad's face on another occasion.

Other hauntings by SolitudeBluebell

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SolitudeBluebell, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-10)
I surfed in as your nickname is nice, Bluebell. It sounds so eerie, hope u have moved away from there
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-09)
WOW! Sounds like something is there for sure. Do you know anything about the place? I've heard it said the veil between worlds is lifting. Bet your dad was surprised when the door slammed in his face like that! 😲
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-08)
Do you know anything about the history of the house? I wonder if you might find some interesting anecdotes if you were to inquire about the house's past residents.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: