You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Cousin's Soul

Real Ghost Stories

My Cousin's Soul

 

It was 1995. My cousin Dan was 20 years old. Two weeks from his 21st birthday. Dan, his girlfriend and his brother Doug had just bought a mobile home and rented a lot to put it on. During hook up an accident took his life.

I loved my cousin very much. He was a wonderful kind hearted person who would do anything for anyone. I took the loss very hard. I found myself praying that his soul wasn't burning in Hell if there was a Hell. I worried about it because even though he was so caring, he did like to smoke (if you know what I mean).

About two days after he passed I was home alone with my daughter. She was about 1 1/2. I was watching TV and she was playing on the living room floor. Suddenly she stopped stood up and looked at the wall and said "Hi buddy". I blew it off.

A little later I went outside and was talking to a neighbor and my daughter looked up and again said " Hi buddy". I didn't say a word. My neighbor looked at me and said "who is buddy? I explained that my two older nephews called my cousin buddy. My daughter always called him Dan. We didn't say much else about it. I went home.

Couple days later was Dan's viewing. After the viewing we all meet at my grandma's house. There was a group of up sitting outside in the driveway. Out of the blue my daughter again says "Hi buddy". We all looked around and found no one. Dan's girlfriend looked down at my daughter and asked her were buddy is now and she pointed to the sky and said "he is up there now".

I guess he answered my question with the help of my daughter.

Other hauntings by willow12

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, willow12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-20)
HI Willow,
I loved your story as its so heart touching.
I think your daughter had a great bond with your cousin. I loved her saying "Hi buddy".
May your cousin soul rest in peace.
Takecare

Regards
Meghna
willow12 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-30)
Thank you macknorton
I now believe as you do. But growing up my grandmother would walk around telling us we would burn for every little thing. From as small as a little stretch of a story to not finishing our plates.

I have matured and come to realize that she used that as a means of frightening into doing things her way. And a lot of churches will sadly preach thing that way.

As I have grown into my own and read the bible myself, I now know that those beliefs are way of key.

I truly enjoyed your comment.

Thank you all for your comments.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-29)
Hi Willow12

Cool story - I fully believe very young children are far more open to the spirit realm than many of us adults. I also believe we are (generally) all very psychic when younger, but we tend to lose those abilities as they are (generally) not fostered or developed by those around us.

So your daughter was probably seeing Buddy's spirit as he would naturally want to still be around his loved ones and friends[smile.

I have to admit, I had a chuckle at your reference to your fear that Buddy may be burning Hell for "burning one down", as they say. Look, I don't want to upset anyones religious beliefs but I'm confident having a joint will NOT condemn your spiritual evolution to eternal torment. If people are going to lower spiritual realms for altering their consciousness then it's going to be pretty damn crowded down there!😆

Because what's the difference between having a beer and having a joint? Legally, a lot - but spiritually; not one iota of difference I suggest. If we weren't supposed to smoke weed, it wouldn't be growing everywhere. I don't believe the force that created and maintains the infinite Universe can be bothered setting us up with something as petty as entrapment.

What matters above all is your motive, that's all. After all as you said, he was a kind, caring guy.

Perhaps Buddy was aware of your concerns of his potential weed-induced damnation after his passing so he made his presence known to your daughter to let you know he was fine.

Regards

Mack
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-28)
Hi willow12,

A heart warming story. God Bless your Cousin. I guess he loved your daughter a lot.
willow12 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
Wow, thanks for sharing that. To this day I still get chills telling my story. Glad to hear I am not the only one who has had this kind of experienced
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
Ok reading your story just gave me chills. My dad passed away in September of 2015. My 2 year old grandson loved his "papa". A few weeks after my dad's passing, my grandson started smiling and waving at something towards the ceiling. When my daughter would ask him who he was waving to he would look at her and say "Papa!" with a look on his face as if she should know this. He has done this several times since my dad's passing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: