You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: This Ghost In My House Likes Nine Inch Nails

Real Ghost Stories

This Ghost In My House Likes Nine Inch Nails

 

I've had a lot of experiences with ghosts and entities, but nothing like this! For the first time ever, I think I may have met a spirit that likes music, especially Nine Inch Nails. It all began when I moved to a new house in the spring of 2010. My family and I had been (and still are) living in a new house in a different neighborhood for about 8 months. We had moved there in Septemeber of 2009, and around my birthday in October I had gotten my first iPod classic ever! Immediately, I downloaded a bunch of music, including Nine Inch Nails, one of my favorite bands. Througout the fall, winter and leading onto the spring, I spent my time listening to all the music I had through my earphones. I guess you could say I forgot about my interests in ghosts and all.

Around April of 2010, I finally bought the iPod speaker set I had always wanted. I was with my friend at the time, and we were both walking home from the store, since she lived near me. When I finally got home around 7 p.m., I tried to avoid my parents so I could hurrily sprint to my room, and set up the speakers. I was done setting up the speakers and I immediately plugged my iPod into the speaker dock, and I clicked on a random song. When I looked at the song I picked, it was a Nine Inch Nails song called "Gave Up". It was a fast-paced hard rock song, and one of my favorites, and I PUT IT ON FULL BLAST VOLUME! I began feeling all jumpy and started dancing along with the song, all over my room. As I was beginning to calm down, a cup on my dresser was thrown at the wall, and it shattered to pieces.

I felt my nerves jump, and I stopped the song. It was suddenly eerily quiet. I was sitting on my bed, and I slowly got up to walk to the little broken pieces across the room. I was very frightened, and I kneeled down to pick up the glass. As I was doing that, I was looking all around my room, making sure nothing else would happen. Suddenly, without thinking, I stopped and yelled with anger, "WHY'D YOU DO THAT FOR?!?!" I was waiting quietly for a response, and suddenly, I saw pressure settling on my bed, as if someone was sitting on it. I jumped up on my feet, and I wasn't sure of what to do. I don't know why, but I rapidly ordered the entity, "SHOW YOURSELF!" But the pressure on the bed slowly disappeared. I waited for about a good 30 minutes, and nothing happened. But then I figured that if I put on a song, maybe it would respond. So I put on a song from a different artist... Nothing happened. Another artist's song... NADA. Then, I put on another song by Nine Inch Nails. And I wait for a few minutes... I get a response; a cold touch on my back.

I didn't move though. I stood still, since it didn't scratch me. I had a feeling that this spirit didn't want to do any harm. I clicked on another song by Nine Inch Nails, and again I got a response, but it was different. I heard this spirit speak to me. At least I thought I did. What I heard was, "I'm here," in a whisper. The whisper sounded like it came from a young man, probably a teenager. I didn't tell my parents or anyone; I kept it to myself. I decided to go out to the living room to spend some time with my parents and three younger brothers. As they were laughing and talking, I couldn't enjoy socializing with them because all I could think about was what was in my room.

The next day, I ran to the computer so I could make a new playlist on my iPod. I put all albums and songs from NIN (Nine Inch Nails) on a separate playlist simply named NIN, and all the other songs in their own playlists. I then ran back to my room and plugged it into the speaker dock and clicked on an NIN song. I waited on the floor with a light blow up ball, and as the song was playing, I asked, "If you're here, can you move this ball? I just want to know if you're here." Nothing happened. A few seconds after, and I said, "I like NIN! Do you?" And lo and behold, the ball began to slowly move away from me. I was excited, but for some reason, I still felt lost. I wanted to know about who this spirit might be, so I wasted no time.

I ran to my mother, who was in the kitchen preparing lunch. I asked her about the people who had lived in this house before, but she didn't know. An idea hatched and I asked if she could ask the landlords about anybody who had lived in the house, and she promised me she would. Until then, I went back to my room and tried to get to know this spirit. I was playing pass the ball with this unknown entity, and I asked a few questions. Luckily, I had a tape recorder. I wasn't sure if it would work, but I asked the questions anyways. As the tape was recording, I asked, "Whats your name?" I waited a few minutes, and I reviewed the tape. After I asked the first question, a good minute later I heard "Matthew". Then I asked, "How old are you, and how did you die?" A few minutes later, I stopped the tape, reviewed it, and I heard, "A rope". I was devastated when I heard that. I thought he must have hung himself.

A few days later, my mom approached me after coming home from work. She told me that the previous people who lived here were a family of five, with all three boys, who were, in oldest to youngest order, Matthew, Samuel, and Dominick. MATTHEW?! She then told me about how the family moved to another city several months earlier before we moved into the house, because the son Matthew had committed suicide. I was shocked and I asked how he died. My mom told me that he committed suicide by hanging himself. I was speechless, and I walked back to my room. I started crying, as the music was still playing. As I was crying, I felt the touch on my back again. I immediately stopped, and I told the spirit who was possibly Matthew, "I know you killed yourself Matthew. Why?" The ball moved towards my feet. I felt so sad, and yet so happy that Matthew was communicating with me, it was as if he was really there with me.

Weeks after I found out about Matthew, I continued to communicate with him. I tried without NIN music, and he still responds, but he responds even stronger with NIN songs. It seems to me that he only stays around me or in my room, because my family hasn't told me anything about strange things happening around my house. I haven't told them anything about him either, but I like it that way. Strangely, a month later after that emotional experience, my mother told me she met Matthew's mother through the landlord. They had lunch together, and they talked about their lives, and the tragedy with Matthew. My mother mentioned to me that Matthew loved Nine Inch Nails, just like me. She then told me that we would've gotten along really well if we knew each other and if he was still alive. I smiled and told her that I can picture that really, really well (since I already know him.) Today, I still feel him around with or without NIN music. I feel like he is my best friend. My best friend from the afterlife.

Other hauntings by xAdiiBabyDoll16x

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xAdiiBabyDoll16x, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sourmoonfruit (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
touching and very sad. Set bounderies, you don't want matthew to get too attatched. Best wishes for you and your ghost friend 😕 😐 ❤
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-17)
I didn't realize that NIN referred to the nails that held Jesus to the cross until years after I changed musical tastes. Iwas going to mention this in response, then you also mentioned suicide by past tenant.

My sleep paralysis, years ago, stepped up to spirit manifestations about the time I was NIN fan. I suspect an unclean spirit would Iike NIN and suicide too. Suggest you think twice about what Kind of spirit has adopted you.
freddysgirl1984 (6 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-17)
This story is so amazing, and I feel the same way! Ghosts are better to hangout with then real people... Ha, well... That's my view of it. 😐

Thanks for sharing your story! 😊
petsociety_rules99 (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
That is the most touching story I have ever heard or read really nice. ❤
Potterwatcher1997 (13 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
That was so sad, and extremely touching. It made me want to have a ghost friend!
snowhite (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
A very good story. I like it very much. Matthew needs to move on. Can you help him by telling him that his family cares about him but he needs to see the light, that is the place his spirit can be in peace?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
xAdiiBabyDoll16x Wow Love your story and It's sad for a teenager kill themselves I hear that alots every year and Nin I love listen to that music I am in to heavy metal too even thought I am older in my late 30's but people thought I am in my teen lol anyway matthew sound like a good guy and Your mom is right you and have would had been friends while he was a life but ya'll are friends in his spirit. Thanks for the cool story!
emmy1234w (1 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
I know how you feel! 😁 I have ghost friends 3 or 4 its fun cuse you can tell them anything ❤
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
Sweet story, but please let Matthew know that he can pass on over. As sandeescare said, eventually he WON'T leave and that could get nasty.
seregirl (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
Such a touching, yet sad, story! Hopefully he'll be able to find rest.
sandeescare (2 stories) (12 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
That is a touching story, but don't get to attached to Matthew, cause eventually, they don't leave.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: