You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Doesn't Like Me Smoking

Real Ghost Stories

Doesn't Like Me Smoking

 

Same house only wrote NOVEMBER.

Kind of knew this guy in the back of the neighborhood who would stop by rarely. Very loud talker always hacking and coughing mid 60s. If you sat with him sometimes he would slap his hand on the table and say LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, loudly. My wife would mimic him. One of the last times I talked to him he stopped by smoking and said he had cancer. He showed me a bump on his upper belly and said cancer was pushing his innards outward. I watched cancer ravage my mother and was there when she took her last breath. I never went to visit him I wanted to remember him the way he was.

Fast forward no date. I was sneaking a cigarette out in my garage about 3.00 pm before wife got home. I finish, walk out and close door start to step up on back porch when I'm literally attacked. I step up and I'm being forced up against the house! I feel I could vomit and I'm fighting to get to the back door. I felt like 2 magnets opposite. My head is leaning away to the house. Under siege I open door and hurry to couch still ill. I sit. It's next to me because static is making my hair and arm hairs raise. It's on my right side and goose bumps. Dread feeling now and I turn and yell, "it's none of your fXXXing business I know I got to quit!" Then it was over, no static no sick.

I felt like I was being warned to stop smoking. I eventually stopped smoking. YOU CAN BE ATTACKED DURING THE DAY, OUTSIDE IN YOUR OWN BACK YARD.

We feel this was him also. About 3 am one mourning drinking coffee, standing at kitchen island looking into living room when all of a sudden something hits my countertop extremely hard right next to me. I know I jumped and laughingly turned to my right and said "do it again."

Nothing, I set my coffee down and opened cabinets below me - all in order.

Go down stairs there's some daylight in the basement, so now it's kind of creepy going into the small fishing gear room with no window, it's under the kitchen - good all in order.

I later tell wife and I hit my Corian counter top hard and barely made the noise from that early mourning, my hand kind of hurt. But I did feel it could bring me pain if it wanted to. It also realized I don't scare easy.

Other hauntings by CantunSEEit

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CantunSEEit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-01-01)
When something slapped the counter loudly next to you, I'm half surprised you didn't just come back with "let me tell you something!" I think I would have laughed, too.

And it's kind of cool to think that maybe this guy might have saved your life. We never know the things that might have happened but didn't. 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-11-25)
Actually, I was talking about finding an explanation (the truth about) to the daylight at 3:00 am thing... LOL

It seems like you have encountered some aggressive spirits.
outofthemirror (guest)
 
3 years ago (2020-11-25)
Lady-glow Maybe 4 years. THE ONLY WAY TO GET THROUGH TO THE TRUTH. WOW I'm not here to judge peoples experiences. I don't have that good of an imagination to think this crap up. I feel those that don't go to the light are wandering the neighborhood bored stuck in the drama on there side, hoping to find someone to notice them. I had some get my attention, I would point and laugh at them and say I can see you and after a while they seem to show off for me, Those spirits probably miss me.
I really don't like early mourning happenings. One night something pulling on blanket at end of bed woke me as my toes were being smashed down, It really hurt Christmas lights slightly lit up bedroom. Happened to wife once before this, We filmed 2 nights hoping to catch something. Peace.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-11-24)
valkricry - thank you for clarifying, I had to ask what I did because, from my point of view, the way it is just doesn't make sense. Sorry about that.

Outofthemirror (Mr & Mrs)
I hope there are not hurt feelings after my questioning, some times the only way to get to the truth is through probing and poking...

Still, I hope you can answer my last question since it is about the story:
"Do you remember how long had passed since his death and the events in your narrative?"

Thanks again.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+5
3 years ago (2020-11-24)
Actually, the error about the daylight basement is my fault. I misread what outofthemirror had written, and did not know there is what is known as a 'DAYLIGHT BASEMENT', I wrongly assumed he meant 'day light'. Since nothing was said about turning on lights, I made the wrong call as it were. Sorry for the confusion.
outofthemirror (guest)
-1
3 years ago (2020-11-24)
LADYGLO My wife had me proofread her part. I typed they clean up my typing to the end. From this day forward if questions are not about the soul of the story I will not respond. When I read these amazing stories on this site if I don't understand something I don't bother them I go to next story.PEACE.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2020-11-24)
Yes like MrsRamsey stated, I'm so glad you stopped smoking. I had a similar experience with alcohol on one occasion. I do also remember on this other occasion (relating to smoking) I felt this urge to ask my brother to quit the habit. I do believe someone on the other side was mediating that vibe to me of which I took aboard however at that time, we weren't on good talking terms so you can imagine how hard it would be to call him out of the blue and say "hey you need to stop smoking."

I let it go for a few months and to my surprise when I finally did catch up with my brother, he told me he quit smoking. It has now been 7 years for him... Only last weekend we went away together where we talked about him giving up the cancer sticks and the vibes I were getting from somewhere else to encourage him to stop.

Anyway, keep it up mate, there's perhaps a bigger reason why they have given you a nudge?... You probably need to figure that one out?... Our lives are mapped out, that little thing called free will and temptation, can steer us of the path.

Regards Daz
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-11-24)
Mrs. Outofthemirror.

Thanks for answering/clarifying my question.

It wasn't my intention to offend anyone, I only wanted to know if there was an explanation for this, in my opinion, discrepancy. I'm sure the moderator/editor to this story will provide us with their feedback.

I know there are mistakes in my writing BUT more than karma, it's because English is not my mother tongue. I'm not trying to use this like a justification, I know that oftentimes my words seem edgier and rougher than intended. Like you have mentioned before, I'm very observant and, on top of that, I'm a very inquisitive person and like to ask questions about the things I don't understand. I hope this is not a problem for you or your husband.

Thanks for your kind reply.
outofthemirror (guest)
+2
3 years ago (2020-11-24)
Lady-Glow: (Wife talking here, but Dave has been typing his own stories). Thank you for bringing that up. My husband brought this up to me early this morning, that whoever posted his story had changed it to state it that way. He said that his story said he went down INTO THE DAYLIGHT BASEMENT, and also looked up at the ceiling in the fishing room for any damage because noise was so loud, but that part was also removed. Sorry about that, but it was supposed to say DAYLIGHT BASEMENT (he had to turn lights on to look for damage around 3am) not placing blame. They clean up my typing and thanks for that.
I see you also have typing errors. Were only human. KARMA
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-11-24)
Hmm...?

"About 3 am one mourning drinking coffee... Go down stairs there's some daylight in the basement,"

3 am is kind of too early for sunrise, isn't it? - Not being a nitpick, only asking out of curiosity.

Outofthemirror.

It seems like your neighbor really cared for you during his life and was trying to prevent you from any of the many harmful effects of cigarettes.
Do you remember how long had passed since his death and the events in your narrative?

Thanks for sharing.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
3 years ago (2020-11-24)
I think this is one of the most fun stories here. And it shows us the paranormal is all around us, all the time. We just don't realize it. But for you to go immediately to the thought of your neighbor makes such sense. It's an intuition thing, and some of us have it and some do not I guess.

So glad you quit smoking. Mom died of lung cancer and it was rough. She "quit" also, but snuck them for years and it got her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: