You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: New House, Strange Markings... Help

Real Ghost Stories

New House, Strange Markings... Help

 

We recently moved into a new house 3 weeks ago. When we first moved here everything was fine but after a few days my mum and I began to see shadows across the hall, seeming to walk from my bedroom which is downstairs, to the kitchen. My brother and father live here too but they haven't experienced this. The shadows seemed to have stopped about a week ago.

Four nights ago I woke up to find really strange scratch marks underneath my keyboard which is on a stand, in the corner of the room. They looked like nail marks but really deep and were overlapping as though something had desperately been trying to claw its way out. But it got dismissed as we have a black Labrador which sometimes sleeps under my piano for some reason! Anyway, my mum hoovered and got rid of them. The next night it didn't happen but the night after which was yesterday morning, I saw it again but this time in a slightly different place, but still in the corner. Again we thought it was the dog and my dad, always the skeptical one, reassured us it must have an explanation. So my mum hoovered again, then it happened last night, so I woke up this morning, same happened again with the hoovering up yet again, and we actually thought it has to be the dog as he slept in my room last night. So to put this to the test, my mum shut the door so he couldn't go in the room.

I went in around 7pm for a nap and when I woke up at 9pm and turned the light on, oh my god, they were there and worse than ever, my parents were in disbelief but they kind of still thought it must be the dog and dint want to think it was anything strange. But the clincher was when we had all been sat down together at night, with the bedroom door shut I should add. My dad went in my room and come out with a look on his face that said it all. And this time it looked like handprints too.

So here I am, sleeping in my brothers bed as I daren't sleep downstairs, my bedroom door has been closed and we will check it tomorrow but it generally, apart from once has only happened when I have slept in the room.

Any ideas what it could be? We know it definitely isn't the dog now. I don't want to be scared about this new house and if am honest I am not too scared but my mu keeps getting cold especially in my room.

Thanks for reading guys.

Take care xx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, peeko, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
Pictures please? You could email them to me. I'm slightly curious. You could be sleepwalking.
snayoko (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-03)
maybe you can take a video what happen in that night...

All that I now is a spirit want to communicate with you, and asking for your help...
Try moving the piano...

Hope is helpfull... 😉
SageWolf (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-30)
I have a way to test if this being is evil or not... But I'm not sure this will work seeing as this being is already in your home. But, to try, go out and get some crushed turquoise and sprinkle it at every entry to your home and that room (this includes windows). Also, hang an authentic dreamcatcher in the center of that room. If the being is evil, this may either trap it until you can get rid of it or will get rid of it. Research the home's history... I hope you get the proper help you need. I'm not Christian but crosses and holy water do help. May you and your family be protected from harm and ill will.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
The scratches and hand prints are on the carpet beneath the casio. The casio is on a stand. The stand is on a carpet. And they did rule out the dog. They hoovered, closed the door (to make sure its not the dog), and when they went back it was there. I know what kind of carpet this is. The moment the fibres are moved against "the grain" it causes it to stand up slightly and give a diffirent color. So you can see when there's been movement there. I'm not saying its NOT the dog, I'm just thinking its not always the dog.

I agree with whoever said move the casio. See what happens then.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
interesting story. Keep your courage, stay strong with what you are dealing with, don't let fear take hold for one second! Prayer will do wonders. Check the history of the house, perhaps something gruesome has happened. Gotta seek the answers instead of just letting it continue and be frightened.
robertar (223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
unless there is some failproof test that I am not aware of, no one can verify whether an entity is a demon or not. Many people report accounts of demon's pretending to be a child or some other person other than who they really are.
sharelbroome1 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
I have to say I would investigate further if all you have is the markings. Maybe Dad is right in that it could be something explained. I wouldn't jump straight to ghosts by the way I don't believe in ghosts like most do. Not putting anyone else's beliefs down. I believe in spirits. Spirits that have never been human I mean. Really though check all obvious roads first. Anyway not to keep preaching demons but I agree with Jim and Sinner a lot of things on here have tell tale signs of demonic activity. Not this case mainly but others. As far as being "scared" to go outside. I guess I should be cause I see as much demonic things going on as JimD. I'm not afraid of much even demons because I have Jesus and yes it is easy to have faith and cast out demons. You have to have faith though. Please let's all take each other's opions without putting each other down we are here to help not fight right? Good luck and I hope you find a simple explanation to your problem keep us all informed.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
I agree entirely my freind I often in my work come across harmless spirits that are strange in nature that do not require an exorcisim as followers of the roman method would suggest in the meentime I recomend care in dealing with any spirit until it can be identified hence the precautionary messure of the sage wich if the spirit is melevolent will act as a barrier and if it is benevolent will simply calm it

Your Freind,
The Puppeteer
swordsman (22 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
thank you Puppeteer13. Each case needs to be treated individually, this medieval attitude of "if you don't understand it burn it at the stake" doesn't help anyone.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Sinner with all due respect to you and your Beliefs with Jim on every case we have posted together on its demon demon demon demon catholic preist holy water. The same method dosent work for every single specter And not every specter is a demon. And in useing catholic exorcisim rites especialy if The spirit isn't dangerous in wich case an exorcisim can truely dammage an innocent soul. Peeko in my professional oppinion I agree with the others try moveing the piano use the sage as a precaution and just keep us informed, as allways I wish you good health and good fortune

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
acemaster (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
can you give some picture of them if you see them again? What do they look like
sinner (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
I agree with JimD. I believe in purgatory and that many Souls will do things in order to get the attention of those alive. Read the book "Hungry Souls" written by Gerard AArdweg. It has pictures of burnt objects touched by ghosts from purgatory. Many come back to ask for prayers and Masses to be offered up in order to relieve them of their suffering.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
peeko: Have you all looked around the house and in your room to see if there are any holes that maybe a rat or something is using? If you have anyway to set up a video camera in your room to monitor the actions while you're in there sleeping. I don't know why, but I am thinking that it is some rodent. You have some rodents that come out at night, look around and see if you see any type of droppings, holes, etc. This doesn't sound like a demon. Why would a demon be clawing up the bottom of your keyboard, if it was going to claw up something, it would be you, not the keyboard. Try these things and see if you can come up with some sort of conclusion. Make sure your hands are clean before using your computer as to not leave any food smells on the keyboard.

Thank you for sharing.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
I have not read the other comments (except for one), because your story line probably gave you quite a variety of opinions, right?
I am going to assume that you keyboard sits on a stand, and that stand sits on the floor of carpeting- which sounds to be pretty plush. With that assumption, I can see why your Dad is blaming your Lab.
I have to be honest. I would too.
That third paragraph up really has me stumped, though. I have read through it several times, and I THINK I know what it says, but...
Is this a BRAND new house? BRAND new carpeting? Sometimes the new smells can drive canines nuts until they can get rid of them. If he was "digging" out a smell, it could be anything from a fly to the "new carpet" smell to a critter that walked across the carpeting as it lay out on the lawn waiting for installation.
I see no real reaction in the story. Besides your Dads logical look into this. What are the rest of the members FEELING?
Thank you.
swordsman (22 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
JimD, you must be scared to go outside, because to you EVERYTHING is a god damn demon infestation. And every time all you say is "holy water", "Jesus" and "Mary". If I could beat you with a stick for every time you recommended a good dose of holy water I'd gladly do so.
kidmedium (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
Hi, mabey a ghost is there trying to tell you something. Try moving the thing it keeps on scrating at and see what happens. You said that it seemed as if something or someone was trying to "claw it out of the way". Mabey before you lived there, something tramatic happened in that one spot. Close the door and move the thing out of the way. See what happens.
DeathsPinsParanormal (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
Hello,
It is not a demon, that is not demon behaviour. It is probably a damaged soul, something to do with the history of your house. Like Melime said, you should try and find out the history of the house. If you are too scared to get rid of this ghost yourself, you should hire a paranormal investigator, if you want to try yourself, please email us (email is in our profile) and one of us will tell you how.

~ S.C.A.R.
JimD (431 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
Hi;

Night time scratchings, black shadows, fear, and sudden coldness are all tell tale demonic. Individually, each could be explained away, but considered as a whole, it's demonic. I counsel Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds and at night, and frequent use of the names of Jesus and Mary. If Catholic, I further advise frequent receipt of the sacraments and of the Holy Rosary, said on a daily basis.

If any more, feel free to email me; everyone else does, and it's fine. God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
stemah (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
Hi

Have you tried moving the piano to a different location in the room to see if it still happens. It may be something related to that particular spot in the room or it may be house as a whole, try moving it to see if it continues.
peeko (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
Hi guys thanks for your comments, no the house doesn't have a basement and it was built only in 1967 and had one owner since new, she was an elderley woman and died IN HOSPITAL aged 95, March this year. And, the carpet is a really really thick pile so the scratches are deep into the carpet, but can but hoovered away or rubbed vigorously away. I will post pics if it happens again, if I can?
Yesterday, in the same room, my mirror had a really odd smudge on it, not like breath, but like a grease sort of thing with one tiny scratch down it. I took a pic of this, how do I upload? So does anyone think its the dog? No? X
TygerDall (2 stories) (29 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
That was an interesting story! I wouldn't jump to any conlusions that its a demon, but better to be safe than sorry and holy water the mess out of the house, smudge it, and have the house blessed my a priest. If you can, place a blessed cross in a glass of water, it will make holy water if you can't get any from a church.
Love and light.
reneespring (148 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
I'm sorry, I'm confused... How does one *hoover* away deep scratches?
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Gentlemen short of bringing in a preist there is a much simpler solution Sage smoke. Smudge the room as to your mysterious freind, something is obviously traped underthere propably a harmless spirit. But none the less the sage should take care of it if it gets worse or you have additional questions I invite you to contact me by the email on my profile.
Good luck,
Your freind,
The Puppeteer
ghastlyghost02 (9 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Very strange in deed Melime. ShucksCrossroad definantly has a very good therory. There is a good cahnce that there was once a basement. Something else could have happened in the room as well. If you ever have to enter that room, weat a crucifix. Find out some history of the house. Get some holy water and a cross get a priest to bless them and put them under the piano. When your putting the cross under say the lords prayer the whole time your in there. See what happens. Not to scare you or anything there might be a chance that there might be a demon. Hope advices helps.
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
It sure sounds strange, maybe you should try and search for the history of the house? Maybe something happened in that particular room.
I hope everything will work out for you! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: