You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Curious Shadowghost

Real Ghost Stories

A Curious Shadowghost

 

As you know from before, I'm from Sweden, but this story takes place in Denmark.

I recently moved to Denmark (my fiancΓ© is Danish) in to this really gorgeous apartment, which is located in a building from 1560's. It's a little crooked. If I let go with my feet of the floor sitting in the computer chair, it rolls a bit. Anyway, I know that there's a ghost here. First night here I was alone (my fiancΓ© working a late night shift). I was spending my lonely hours unpacking and watching TV. I was lying on the couch, with my back turned against the dining room, when I got this feeling of being watched. I felt it so strongly I thought my fiancΓ© had come home early and now where sneaking on me. I turned around expecting to see him standing in the doorway. What I saw, was a tall shadow leaning into the living room, and it appeared to watch me. A split second later he/she leaned back into the dining room again. I ran up and checked the dining room, but the shadow was gone. Needless to say, I ran around the whole apartment lighting every lamp I could find.

Later the same night, I took a bath, and while I was lying there, it sounded like someone walked in circles in the living room (some of the floorboards squeak a lot when you walk on them). Sure, it's a very old house, but the floorboards make a really distinct sound when trampled on.

I haven't really encountered anything else after that. I believe that the ghost here was curious of the new ones moving in, and checked if we were "ok".

So what do you guys think; was the ghost just curious? I can't think of another explanation why it would show itself only the first evening and then never again.

Other hauntings by Melime

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melime, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

serenitylopez (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
Oh Lord, this is quite similar to mine.
As some posters have already said, it kind of just sounds like the being was checking out the new movers especially since you didn't feel frightened. I wonder if you still live there?

I just read your experience at the hotel. All I can say is "Blimey!"
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
[at] Applerose: Thank you 😊 I understand your son, that sounds really scary!

[at] Justcurious: Thank's for the input! I'm sure that's possible, since I haven't heard nor seen this shadow after that again, and now it's almost a year ago it happened 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
It could have been someone who was curious but it could have also been a wandering spirit. One that is there one time and then dissappears, as though they are just "passing through". Could be possible that they were there for the first haunting and that now they had moved on somewhere else and going to continue traveling.

Hope that helps! Know its not much but its just my input.

Peace
JustCurious
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
If I had turned around and saw a dark shadow - I think I would have peeded my pants. I have had quite a few things happen to me -even feeling a presence behind me - to only turn around and find no one there. Now when my son was small he told me of a shadow of a man that stood at the foot of his bed - it scared him so badly that he hid under his covers.
Anyway, Good story - When I have time I'll read your other stories. Thank you for sharing 😊
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
Thank you for the suggestion! I think I'm too frightened to try to summon him/her, but I'll keep that in mind 😊 You're right, if it haven't scared me by now it probably won't start now, I still haven't seen him/her again, so it was most likely just someone who was curious 😳
Thano7496 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
There's nothing to worry about. If you haven't seen the ghost again, you are ok. We all know that ghosts are spiritual beings who wander around Earth for the eternity, so he could have been a passing ghost who was travelling near your house and just got curious to see its residents. Even if he is the ghost of your house, you don't have to feel threatened. If he hasn't harmed or terrified you until now, he won't likely start doing it now. He may just stay and look upon you, to see if you take care of the house or not. Try to summon him (you can find lots of rituals in the internet). If he shows or manifests himself,he/she is the ghost of the house. If he/she doesn't manifest,he/she was just a passing ghost.
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Hi Mustang! Sorry for the late reply! You're probably right! I haven't looked anything up yet, I'm thinking of looking into the house's history, but that's only because I'm curious about the history and not the spirits there 😊 I'm sure if I record something at night I don't want to live there anymore, which would be a shame cause I love that place so much! I better not.
Haha no, he didn't watch me in the tub πŸ˜‰
The ghost that are there now are probably harmless! Thank you for the advice!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Hello Melime. I really wouldn't start researching the history of your building if you just saw a shadow figure. I mean, unless you have a lot of time on your hands and are curious. I think it was just a spirit passing through. It happens all of the time. Unless something negative starts happening, I wouldn't worry about it. Atleast he didn't watch you while you were in the tub right? Lol. So I guess he has manners. If your building has been around since the 1500's, then I'm sure it's rich in history. It's probably had it's share of tragedies and you don't want to start freaking yourself out over nothing. I have thought about setting up a video camera but to tell you the truth, I don't want to see what is really going on. Or what is lurking around my house or around me while I'm sleeping. Like I said, I think it is completely harmless. At this point anyway.

SHELBY 😊
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Well to be honest, after I experienced that, I was very close to repack my things again and move out!
Ush (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
*shivers* I don't know how you do it, but if I had ever experienced something like that I would be out of that place hahaa guess mostly because I barely believe in spirits and at the same time very curious - that combo itself would definitely freak me out.
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Swordsman: I will try that, sounds like the right thing to do. Thank you for the advice 😊
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Swordsman: That was a beautiful text to have on a gravestone!

Jazzeyjay: Yeah I thought so too, he was just checking us out the first night, and since I haven't seen him since, maybe we're approved 😳 And I sure have respect for every spirit here! To be honest, they where here first 😊

Blue_raven: Yeah it is cool, I was really surprised when I saw the sign on the house saying 1560! No it wasn't vacant actually, my sister in-law lived here right before we moved in
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
An apartment from 1560s? That was cool! Our house is only almost a hundred! I agree that there could be a ghost there, a curious one maybe. Was the place vacant before you moved in? Because there are times that if the house is vacant for a long period of time, ghost tend to stay there.

^_^
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Melime: Living in a building that old, it's sure to have some spirit activity. Sounds like this person was just checking to see who had moved into his home. Even though he hasn't shown himself to you anymore, I am sure he's still there watching to make sure all goes well and he's probably trying to see what type of people you and your fiance are. It doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about or be frightened about. Just do your best to respect the place and respect the tenants who live there in spirit form. If he had a problem with you living there, he would certainly let youu know.

Thank you for sharing.
swordsman (22 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
I once read on a gravestone "there is a land of the living and a land of the departed, the bridge is love". If you're open, loving and honest you should be able to communicate with this thing. Just sit for a while in this state.
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
Cosmogal: Yeah, it's really old! I talked to my fiance yesterday about researching and he thought it was an excellent idea, I guess he's curious too 😊 So far I've never felt uncomfortable, other than the "being watched" feeling, but I'll be conscience! Thank you 😊

Deviousangel/ghastlyghost: Thank you so much for the facts and the advices!

Swordsman: Yeah, that would've been great, maybe next time it shows up I'll be more prepared and try and communicate with it 😊
swordsman (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
you know it's a shame it ran off, it would have been interesting to try communicate with it.
ghastlyghost02 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
I want to imput one more thing if I may. If you plan on video taping, NOW THIS ONLY IF YOU COMFORTABLE with it, with the video camera tell it not to be afraid of the camera, invite it to move around and that the video camera will not hurt it. BUT AS I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH ONLY IF YOU TRUST IT.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Excellent advice, ghastly. I was about to say the same thing! Of course, I'm not sure if I'd be brave enough to review hours of video on the off-chance that I might see more than I wanted to. However, it is better to know what you're dealing with in the event that the activity escalates. Shadow people are generally just curious, and in most stories involving them, the most harm they do is the shock/surprise at seeing them. Especially since your apartment complex is so old, I wouldn't be surprised if there was something going on there, but I don't think shadow people are really ghosts... I think they're something else, possibly astral projections or environmental spirits. I really don't think you have anything to worry about!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Hi Melime, Wow the building you live in has been around since the 1500's? Good gravy that is old. Looks like you have a heck of a lot of research ahead. LOL πŸ˜‰ I think your feelings are correct. The shadow person you saw was probably curious, or most likely just passing through. I don't think you have anything to worry about, but just be conscience of any negative activity or if you suddenly feel uncomfortable in your home. Thanks, and take care 😊 ❀
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
No you're right, the floorboards might be something else than a ghost.

Good idea with the camera! I think I'll do that after I try to find out more about this entity and the house itself. My fiance does know what I saw, but he never experienced anything, at least he haven't told me he has.

Thank you so much for your advice! 😊
ghastlyghost02 (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
I'll put my imput. It is an old house so with the floorboards you can't always conclude its a ghost. Go look up some history of the house and see what your dealing with. See who last lived there, see who lived there five generations ago. See if anyone was possibly murdered. The more you know the better off you'll be. If he's curious you'll see him again. If he attacks you or harms you in anyway, or if you feel threatened get out. If your fiance doesen't know, let him know. So that if he feels threatened he can let you know. Another suggestion would be to put a video camera on and see if it will come out when your not home. That is only a suggestion. But from your description it doesn't seem like it will harm you. BUT DON"T TRUST IT UNTIL YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT IT!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: