You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Gentle Presence

Real Ghost Stories

Gentle Presence

 

I don't know who it is that is with me, I think it is a grandfather, but all my grandfathers died before I was born. My first experience was 13 years ago at my parents' house. I was asleep on my side and felt someone sitting on my bed beside me, he wore dark clothing and had blond hair, he shook my shoulder and told me to drink some water, then disappeared, my parents and myself were the only people in the house.

The reason I think it's a grandfather of mine is I just happen to find some old family photographs of my mothers and I saw the man who was sitting on my bed, handsome, blond, I asked my mother who he was, "that's your grandad, my father, why?" I wasn't keen to share my experience as my parents were non-believers.

The next time I saw him was about 5 years ago, he just stands silently behind me when I'm in the kitchen. My daughter also sees him at times standing outside her bedroom door. The most common occurrence is the light switch in my daughters room flicking on and off during the day when there is no one else at home. My husband who isn't a believer has also heard this.

The most recent visit happened a week ago, in the middle of the night. I felt someone gently tapping my arm. I woke thinking it was my son as he sometimes comes to sleep in our room if he wakes at night. I opened my eyes, no one was there, but I could feel someone standing at my side of the bed.

I still don't know for sure if it is my grandfather. I never met them, but then why would some random spirit visit me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sansarelli, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
The thing about Spirits (Spirits have a round trip ticket between the Realms. They are likened to Angels most generally. Ghosts have a one way ticket that can be traded in, once they GET to the Other Side) is they have no "real" time. They do not have to run on the World's clock anymore, and they do tend to ignore it.
One of the ideas THERE is for THEM, our thousand years COULD be a minute. It is inconsequential in their Realm. So, loved ones who pass MAY think there has been a blink of time in between their Departure and their Visit. They really have no sense of this, UNLESS you can "show" them.
For instance: A Father who never knew his daughter MAY "show up" when she is in her 40's, not knowing that his yet-to-be-born child is now actually an adult.
If it becomes clear to him, he may just want to hang out and see how her life turned out, meet his grandchildren, his son-in-law.
Or, he might be lost in the confusion of the impossibility.
This being that visits YOU does not seem confused. He seems pretty knowledgeable as to what is going on. Maybe your Grandfather just wants to get to KNOW his Granddaughter.
Wado. (Thank you)
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
I never had the opportunity to meet either of my Grandfathers as well, and my only story on YGS echoes yours to a degree. You do not mention any fear or menace associated with his visits. Perhaps he is visiting you out of curiosity and a desire to be protective.
It might be good to get some details about your Grandfather's life and his passing, if for no other reason than to preserve an oral history of your family. There are many times now that my parents have both passed that I wished I knew more about the family history, and now there is no one to ask.
sharelbroome1 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
I don't know I do not knock anyone else's beliefs but I don't believe in "ghosts" like that were once human that is. I believe in good and bad spirits. I also believe that can take on the form of whoever or whatever they want. I would love to be proved wrong though and think that maybe my grand-dad could come back and visit me. Unless otherwised proved though the bible says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Its great to think that we might have our family whose gone on here though. Good luck and thanks for your story!
DasherFlip (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
My cousin actually had a similar situation with our great grandmother.
LilMissEclipse97 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Maybe because you never met your grandfather, he wants to get to know you or meet you now he can. Don't be scared, maybe he wants to help or protect you. 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: