You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hands Off!

Real Ghost Stories

Hands Off!

 

What is it about trailers?

3 years ago we moved into an older trailer (80's style) and right off I had that feeling that there were more occupants then those mentioned on the lease. About a week into our new home... I was backing out of the driveway (in a hurry to get to work) and I noticed a little girl (I'm guessing 4 or 5 years of age) peeping her head around the trailer smiling at me... Ok no biggie... One of the neighborhood children, right? I went on to work... As the weeks went by and I learned my neighbors and come to find out, they are ALL elderly with the exception of my neighbors to the left of us and they have 1 boy. Could I have mistaking the boy for a girl?...I think not... The boy has very short almost shaved blond hair... The girl had curly shoulder length hair. A few months went by and I was talking to my landlord and I was asking her about the history of the neighborhood... Come to find out... There is a lake behind our trailer, except you can't see it from the trailer or from the road due to all the overgrowth and trees. My landlord preceded to tell me about a young girl about 4 or 5 that had drown in the lake in the late 70's. I did not mention what I saw those many months before... But I'm quite positive that the girl I saw was the girl who drown.

Another incident about a month into our new home... I was sitting at the kitchen table writing out bills, when I caught a man standing in my kitchen in front of the washer and dryer out of the corner of my eye... I turned my head slowly, because I was trying to catch a full sighting... But as I did the man vanished but I still had the feeling he was there... Right in front of me... I could feel him. Then the shadows started... I started seeing shadows or mist everywhere... Once I was washing my dishes and all the sudden a white floating mist came from behind me and went toward the living room and then "poof"...GONE, kind of freaked me out... But I went on about my business.

Another time, I was laying on the couch waiting on my grand-babies to get there and I drifted off (but I'm a light sleeper) all the sudden I had a feeling that someone was in the room with me... But I could not wake up... Someone grabbed my left index finger and then was sitting on me... About that time our daughter-in-law knocked on the door and I was trying to get off the couch (my eyes were still closed) and whatever it was would not get off me... With all my might I pushed myself off the couch and through gritted teeth I said "GET OFF OF ME!" and I was released just like that... And since then I have had no more episodes of that nature.

Now there was one incident that left me a little shook up... I was extremely tired one day and went to lay down before having to cook dinner... I just laid catty corner across my bed and fell off to sleep... I must had been asleep about an hour when I felt an evil presence... I was still in my sleep state... But the room became very cold and then I felt like something flew above me making a sound that resemble a baby crying backwards... It ran chills up and down my spine and I started singing "Jesus Loves Me" keeping my eyes shut the whole time... When I finally felt safe I got up and started dinner... But that I will never forget that feeling... I really do think it was a demon... But I don't deal with that and I want NO part in that world... NO THANK YOU!

Last one... I was asleep next to my hubby and I guess we had been asleep for about an hour... When I was awoken by what felt like a hand on top of my head... I moved around and then I felt like someone scrambling to get off my bed... I became fully alert by then... I looked around the room and saw nothing... I looked at my hubby and he was laying on his side opposite of me... So he could not have put his hand on my head and it was not him that I felt trying to get off my bed in a hurry.

With the exception of that one incident I've never felt scared or fear... Just the usual footfalls, bumps here and there, shadows and mist and maybe the sound of a chair moving across the floor... But that's it... So tah tah for now... Hope you enjoy the read.

Other hauntings by applerose

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, applerose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ygaian (10 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
wow...this was beautiful 😊 thanks a ton for sharing this story of yours
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-22)
Not a problem. I kind of like it!:)

My great grandfather died around the time my father was born. His father never talked about him much. It is sad, though.
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-22)
Argette...just saw my typeo on your name... Sorry about that 😊
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-22)
Argetta: So sorry about your grandfather and that he took his life. If the trailer park has been built near where he died it is very possible that he may visit that area... My Smokey Road ghost have been hanging around the house that was built about 100 yards from the old homestead... And I only know that cause the occupant of that home has shared some of the haunts his family have experience. It has been known that homes near graveyards have visitors from time to time... So yes it is very likely.

Miracles: yes that makes sense... And as long as the ghost are calm they are welcome to stay whereever they want... My ghost are good... Every now and then I'll see the mist and shadows and if I'm by myself I'll tell them that I know that they are there or I'll say..."I see you". They really don't do anything to upset me except that one time when the girl child would not get off me. Now there was one time when I was unlocking the front door to come in and the door was yanked out of my hand and swung open... But I just took it to mean they missed me and was glad to see me.
I'm glad to be back too...I've missed my YGS friends.
Argette (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-21)
Applerose, I wonder if location, usually so close to their mobile homes, might play a role, too. It's very interesting, and makes wonder if my great-grandfather, who hanged himself in his barn, haunts the mobile home court on the site of his old farm...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-21)
applerose - yep, I can definitely back you LOL I've lived in numerous trailers (mobile homes for those who don't know what a trailer is) in my lifetime and I swear they all had something/someone in it. Most of them harmless, even mischievous, but they were there. Trailers are ghost magnets, I swear they are LOL

Augusta - you mentioned trailers not being connected to the ground. In a lot of cases that is true; however, not all. Some are set on foundations, much like a house. The one my kids and I live in now is "tied down", which means there are straps anchoring our home to the ground. Our trailer is also set on concrete blocks to level it. I know that's not exactly the same as a "house" but thought I'd share that.

Applerose - I also thought it was the little girl who pulled your finger and sat on you. When Dalton was little, up until he was about 7-8, whenever I would lay on the couch, he would lay on my side and watch TV with me.

It saddens me to think that a child has been hanging around for over 30 years. So many, many thoughts run through my head, none of which make me feel better about a child still hanging around 😭 Most of the ones we've been blessed to have share our homes with don't seem to be upset so maybe there is a silver lining in there somewhere.

Sorry for the rambling LOL and I truly enjoyed reading this. I have a thought about the hunting cabinet, but don't think I can coherently explain what I want to say other than my feeling is they were hunters as well and they hang out where it feels familiar to them. Does that make any sense at all?

Looking forward to another, applerose. And again, I'm so glad you're back ❤
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-21)
Tweed...
LOL...Yes there should be a section on haunted trailers...
Yes...I think it was the little girl... But I think I hurt her feelings (if ghost have feelings... Which I think they do) when I hollered to get off me... Because it did pissed me off...LOL.
AugustaM...You may have something there... Every trailer I've ever been in have had something weird about them... Or could be me... Maybe I'm the weird one...LOL... But... I think Miracles could back me here... I think she has lived in a trailer and has had some weird going ons herself.
Argetta: you may be right... Trailers may be easier for ghost to haunt... That may sound silly... But it could be possible.
Broken Tree: the only place I feel it could be a possible portal would be my husbands hunting closet... But I feel like I have several guest... A boy, a man, the little girl and I think an old woman... She stays in the kitchen area... The man and boy stay in my husbands hunting closet and in master bath and the little girl is all over the place.
Rookdygin: I agree with your thinking.
Paranormal: thank you 😁
Priyankaminon and Ladyglow 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-21)
PriyankaMenon: you can Google modular homes and/or mobile homes.
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-21)
I loved the way you narrated the whole story. But anyone please let me know what is trailer actually?

When I googled I got movie trailer as major answer. Please clarify.
Paranormal_SN (8 stories) (25 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-21)
reading was just so mesmerizing... 😳 I just love your stories. Thank You!
With Regards,
Paranormal_SN
Argette (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-21)
Augusta M, I think you are on to something! I hadn't thought of that. It's certainly an interesting issue.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2016-12-20)
Maybe it's a lack of grounding -in that they're not permanently connected with the earth- that increases activity in trailers? Just a thought:-)
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-20)
Hi Applerose,

Yeup, trailers be weird. I've never lived in one but I used to wish we lived in a trailer when I was a kid. I just think they're cool. I sure read enough about them on here. Rook and others have talked about the insulation style and other factors contributing to various things, both paranormal and not. Either way, trailers be weird. 😆
You mentioned a ghost grabbing your finger before, do you think it was the same one? Same ghost, I mean, not finger lol.

I think YGS needs a new category 'Trailers' 😆
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-19)
To me it sounds like you have a portal there. So many different types of spirits coming through. You might want to see about shutting it down.
I love your stories and I hope your trailer works out for you.
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-19)
Rook, I was wondering if that might be the case, too, the insulation, I mean, but I've only been inside one or two mobile homes and I don't know much about how they are made.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-19)
More like less insulation, on everything... This may/could lend itself to higher EMF levels which could either make a sensitive individual 'feel/see' things or possibly actually attract actual spirits.

Just a thought...

Respectfully,

Rook
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-19)
Perhaps the construction of traitor homes lends itself to absorption of spirits and emotion? I wonder if the material has something to do with it...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: