You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Old Country House. Others Living There

Real Ghost Stories

Old Country House. Others Living There

 

When I was around 12 or 13 years old I had a friend that lived in Choctaw. Choctaw is a town in Oklahoma that is mostly rural and has lots of old houses. My friend lived in a big old house that was very haunted. She lived there with her parents, and her little sister. Her room, a playroom, her sister's room, a bathroom and an extra room was upstairs. Living room, parent's room, bathroom and kitchen were downstairs.

In her sister's closet strange things would happen like when she would go in there to get dressed she would notice EVERY item of clothing would be on the floor and not on the hangers like they were earlier. In my friends bathroom when I'd take a shower I would turn on the shower radio and it would turn to static when it was on a station and then go back. Sometimes it would turn off completely.

The playroom had lots of toys and Barbie dolls. She and her sister would clean it every day before dinner and when we would come back up there the toys and Barbie's would be scattered everywhere but nobody had been up there. In the extra bedroom it had many porcelain dolls, a crib and an antique mirror. My friend would never go in there because every time she would, she would see a girl with blonde hair behind her but when she would turn around she would be gone.

One time late at night she went downstairs when everyone was asleep to get some water and when she returned to the foot of the stairs, she saw a huge cloaked dark figure at the top of the stairs just standing there facing her. Of course she ran off and told her parents and slept with them.

That morning they headed off to church and they always left their TV on a Christian music station and when they returned the TV was on static and all their pictures of angels and Jesus were broken and on the floor. They had the house blessed and had a paranormal investigator come and the investigator said their house was built over where an old hospital was in the early 1800's and beside an Indian burial ground as well. The dark demonic figure never returned but to this day it is still very haunted.

Thanks for reading and this is all real information. I hope you enjoyed my story and feel free to comment.

Other hauntings by kathryngaines00

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kathryngaines00, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kathryngaines00 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
and yes she still lives there. Havent talked to her in a few months though.

And to the person who wants me to email them, I will soon (:
kathryngaines00 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
hey guys thanks for the replies! I don't know if its true about the hospital or indian burial ground because there's a chance that the investigator was just bullsh**in! But it IS haunted!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Sounds like there was a spirit of a child at play here, looking for some attention and to be acknowledged. Being built over a hospital I would expect there is probably other spirits dwelling there also, does your friend still reside there at all?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
The only thing that I can't stand about ghost stories is that every time a house is haunted it is on an indian burial ground.

I believe your story but not that it was on an indian burial ground. The hospital may be a possibility
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
I grew up in choctaw and know all of the trails and paths around and through town. I also know a great deal of its history. Where exactly was this 1800's hospital supposed to have been located, and where is the indian burial ground? I'm native american myself and know of a couple of family ones. And also, where is this house located at? Email me if you want with the intricate details, like the house location. I'd like to ask friends still living there if they have heard anything about this. It interests me a great deal since I have had experiences around there. I did have 5 stories listed but four seem to have dissappeared for some reason. Choctaw was mentioned in two of them. Anywho, email me or something, I'd like to know more.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: