You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Oval Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Oval Mirror

 

My dad had remarried in late 2005 to a Chinese woman named May. They started renting a unit together in Brisbane. Because with my fathers' previous marriage, we had to arrange that 2 of us four children had to go and live with him and our new step mum.

On the first night, May had arranged for me to sleep downstairs on a few cushions from the couches as they could not provide a bed for me in my own room to sleep on. After dinner, May started decorating the place. She had put an oval shaped mirror directly above the stairs so that when someone walks up the stairs, the only thing ahead of them would be this mirror.

When I went to bed that night, the room temperature started to get really hot. I began to sweat under the blanket. So, I threw it off me. I turned around and there was a girl, about the age of 10, sitting on the stair case. She was wearing white, and had short black hair. Her face was unable to be revealed. I am not exactly sure why. I got so freaked out I pulled the blankets back over me. I was so scared I could not speak either. About a minute had past, and I looked at the stair case again. But this time, she was standing up just facing me. So I tried going to sleep.

This incident had only happened that one night. I think it may have had something to do with the mirror upon the stairs.

A couple months later of living with them and my older sister, I was left home alone one night. I heard a thump upstairs. I didn't go to check out what it was because obviously I was too freaked out. I called my mum on her mobile as she lived just a few suburbs away. As I continued to wait, I got more and more paranoid that something else was going to happen. A few minutes before my mum arrived, I heard another thump upstairs. My mum had finally arrived and found me crying. As I was just 10 at the time, I didn't know what to think. Mum was heavily spiritual and superstitious about ghosts and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ and Christianity. Believing in that, she yelled directly up the stairs, facing the mirror and said - "In the Lord Jesus name, get out." She had said this a few times before I saw a white-ish/light greenish light race through the lounge room and out the front door. My mum and I packed my things and I moved out straight away.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Misery94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rashidah (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
I will agree with cosmogal and darkness.

No need to use obscenity here. There are countless stories about people who can see or sense ghosts in mirrors. I myself use mirrors to contact spirits.

Mirrors are like a parallel dimension to the spiritual world.

If the mirror scares you that much, simply cover it. 😐
GhostHunter555 (12 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
This realy helps me see a ghost! THX! Now I would say that a liiiitle differently. "In the name of Jesus Christ, GET THE F**K OUT YOU DA*N GHOST!
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
maybe it wasn't even the spirit of a little girl, but something pretending to be one.

1. Many people warn that unclean spirits will pretend to be people/children to gain sympathy/permission to stay.

2. Other warnings of unclean spirits are that they do not appear entirely human, like the face missing.

P.S. Sounds like you got a good mom watching out for you.
always-up (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
as someone who has had some creepy experiences with mirrors. Thanks for sharing glad to know I'm not the only one. They say mirrors seal souls when someone dies that's why some cover them when people die.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
As Cosmo mentioned it could have something to do with the mirror they are portals after all for the spiritual realm, same as closets cupboards etc. On the other hand it could just be attached to the home curious of the new people in the house.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Thanks for sharing. Mirrors always scare me... Especially decorative ones. I don't know why since I've never had creepy experiences with them. Has anything else happened in that house to your dad or step mom since you moved out? Maybe she should get rid of that mirror.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
It is possible that you are correct in thinking that mirror has something to do with the spirit of the little girl. Do you know where your step-mother got the mirror? Sometimes items that are bought at garage sales or flea markets can have the spirit of a previous owner attached to them. Maybe this mirror belonged to the little girl when she was alive. Has your step-mother ever mentioned any activity in the home? Thanks for sharing your story. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: