You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma Or Another Presence?

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma Or Another Presence?

 

Shortly after the depressing death of my grandmother, I began hearing voices and feeling a presence that sometimes makes physical contact with me.

The first incident that happened, and I find is somehow linked to what I am experiencing took place in my room, one of the places where there is always something unexplainable happening. I was wide awake one summer night. It was around four or maybe five in the morning, which was the time I usually slept at during summer. I was trying hard to fall asleep, but I knew something, or somebody that I couldn't see was in here, in my room. When I was about to get my first wink of sleep, I heard noices appearently emerging from the kitchen. It sounded as if the cabinets were being opened and medicine bottles containing pills were being dropped and opened.

I thought this might've had to do with my grandmother, maybe her coming back as a ghost, not knowing that she was dead. I imagine she was trying to get the medicine she took before "leaving". I was scared, but eventually fell asleep. I was awoken again after I felt pressure on the corner of my bed, as if grandma was sitting there, praying for me as she did when I could still hug her. I felt as if she were gently stroking my head and cheek with tenderness. This made me cry, and I heard, "I love you and will always be with you," being whispered.

After a few weeks, I still felt as if I were not alone in my room. It was not that this made me uncomfortable, but I decided to tell someone I deeply trusted, so I told my grandpa (my deceased grandmother's husband) about what I had been experiencing, and he told me that all night long for the past few days, he had been feeling someone touching his hair with tenderness and that he had been feeling like someone was giving him massages, as grandma would do. He told me about hearing voices, sounding like that of my dear grandma. I could not help but cry and have grandpa comfort me as a few tears rolled down his eyes.

I certainly hope she visits us again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Roxanna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mandimple (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-27)
I think that she was giving her last goodbyes, problably to give/wish you a happy lifeand to oercome many of your obsicals. I hope she gets a V.I.P pass in heaven because she deserves it:D ❤ ❤ ❤
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-26)
This is so sad, I'm typing through my tears. It is so sweet and sad at the same time. You and your grandfather are so fortunate to have had someone as wonderful and loving as her in your lives. My heart goes out to you at this time of sorrow. Thank you sharing this with us. 😭 ❤ ❤
Sweetdudette (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-22)
I guess grandma's are like that when they pass away... My grandma always visit me specially in my dreams when I am sad, or during special occation... And I always look forward to seeing her again even in my dreams...
Roxanne090 (10 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-21)
Thank you all for your comments. I am starting to think it is her rather than a demon since I have been experiencing similar thinks that make it obious. Once when I came home from college (I live alone, my grandpa lives a few blocks away and often visits) , I found a freshly baked german chocolate cake with strawberries... Just like that of grandmas!
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-20)
This story was sweet. I'm pretty sure it was your Grandma looking out for you all and possibly giving last goodbyes. She must've cared a lot for you all.

Thanks for sharing. 😊 ❤
JimD (431 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-18)
Hi;

I normally link the feeling of being watched at night with a demon, BUT in this case I do believe it was Grandma saying goodbye before Heavon or Purgatory - either way enroute to God. I'm calling this one grandma, and not a demon. Should it persist, email me and get some Holy water, but I see no need for that now. God rest her soul. Soundes like a fine lady!Dukes2352atAOL.com.
HUarmy (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-18)
That's beautiful... You still have to be cautious, just in case, but I have a friend who died, an I used a ouija board to try to talk to him. It was"him" but later on I found out it was a demon... So I don't "play" with the ouija board anymore... But thank you for posting this story, it wastouching...
God bless, Emily.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: