You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My First Time Seeing A Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

My First Time Seeing A Spirit

 

I was staying at my Godmother's house for a few days. The room that I was staying in was her 4 year old daughter's room, while the daughter stayed in her mom's room. Since I have trouble sleeping, I woke up somewhere around midnight but I was a little tired and really exhausted. I sat up in the bed and started to hear sounds out of nowhere. My first thought was, "Maybe Luis came home from work and is causing a racket." I was too lazy to get up out of bed to say hi, but I was still sitting up and there he was... I can't remember if he was floating or walking but as he went to the corner of the room (being stupid as I was) I thought he was an intruder, I said, "You don't belong here, I think you should leave."

He went to the corner and sat there and stared at me for a seconds, got up and left through through the same wall that's connected to that very corner that he sat at and that lead to outside. Right when I saw that I was all, "I can't believe it, I saw my first spirit... And I didn't know it at first!" Well who can blame me? He was kind of detailed enough to see all of him. I didn't have my glasses on so I thought him looking a little blurry was normal. He had this drench coat type of jacket on, his hair wasn't long, he had big glasses on, long pants, and fancy men's shoes. His sole color wasn't white, it was more like really really off white. The color that you would see in really old pictures.

So then I went back to sleep. Then when I woke up, I told my Godmother about what I saw and described what he looked like and she tells me that he was her uncle that passed away a long time ago. She also told me that her daughter would see and talk to him whenever he was around. Just in case you didn't know, really young kids can see spirits and it later on stops and they forget about it as they get older. Back to the story, then she shows me a picture of him that was hung right next to the doors of the room that I was sleeping in. My mouth dropped... It was him! The same outfit, glasses, hair, face and everything else! I wanted to faint! Ever since that night, I never saw him again... I think I might have hurt his feelings. Now I kind of miss him, I just hope he took my words differently and went to the light!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OMGitsAnime, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

OMGitsAnime (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
I was in shock after I realized that it happened xD I was all "what just happened? O.o" 😲
SpoonMan (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
That's actually quite a nice ghost story not involving terror and torment. Shame you haven't seen him again.
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-04)
wow it neat that you saw your godmother uncle but it cool that you didn't realize that he was a spirt since most people panic when they first see a spirt and you didn't.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: