You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Phone Off the Hook

Real Ghost Stories

Phone Off the Hook

 

I've lived in my house since I was about 5 or 6. It's a 2 story house with an attic and a basement. When I was little, my parents had a bedroom upstairs that was in the back of the house. It was big, with a walk-in-closet that's broke and stays open about an inch or 2 because it won't shut all the way. When the phone would ring, someone upstairs in my parents room would answer it. It would freak my mom out because when she went to answer the phone downstairs, a light on the phone would come on saying that someone else answered it. My family often found the phone in my parents room answered or sometimes the receiver would be off and sitting next the the base part of the phone. Back then, we had the phone with the cord. My parents just ignored it and finally they took the phone out of their room. Since then we haven't had any problems with the phone but we have with other things...

My parents moved out of the room and then I moved in with my sister. I was 7 or so and my sister was 6. We shared the room for a couple of years and then she moved out (we switched rooms a lot when I was little). When I was about 13, I moved back in to the back bedroom. After a while I started getting nervous in the room. I always felt something was there, watching me. My bed was right across from my closet, so when I went to bed. It's always a little open and it scared me. I started having horrible nightmares and the closet started opening on its own. I would go to bed with it closet and it the morning it would be wide open. Things started getting really creepy and I wouldn't go near the closet. I felt as if something evil was there. I told my parents about things that happened and they didn't believe me. Finally my sister switched rooms with me.

Well, the same thing started happening to her. She ended up moving out of that room to. I'm about to be seventeen and I still won't go in that room. My room is now the second on the right of the hall, which puts me by the room. The room was working but now it's not. I now sleep in my sister's room with her, which is the first room on the left of the hall.

My door opens and closes. You can hear walking around in the hall as well as bedroom doors slamming. In my room though, will get very cold out of the blue. You can hear people walking in the attic above my head. So much stuff happens and it creeps me out.

I used to have friends stay the night and they didn't end up staying. They all used to call home or just go home in the middle of the night because something scared them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xXitsaXsecretXx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
I thought they leave you alone by saying please leave this is my home or just please leave it worked for me. 😊If you don't say that they don't know it your house. They think your house is there house that what I'm trying to say.
GHOSTBOY (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
wow if you would like the ghost or spirt to leve you al lone just ask it nicely.(please thank you) and they should leave you alone it has worked for me in the past. And there's know need to be csared
xXitsaXsecretXx (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-31)
I found out about the spirts that live here. A little boy with his mother and father. The father was abusive and killed his wife and son, then himself. I've seen the little boy once in my room. It was shutting of my TV. It scared me. Things in my room are always shutting off or unplugging themselves. My alarm clock resets its self too. Since my grandfather moved in
(he's a truck driver, so he's never home), they have became more harmful. My mom got up the other morning and opened her door and it banged into mine. My mom got mad and threw the door closed. She had just stepped back when the door flew open and tried to hit her. My door is tricky, so you have to use force. My mom walked to the end of the hall, and my door closed by itself. Later that morning, I woke up to my door squeaking, (makes that noise when it moves), someone was opening and closing my door. It was really cold to. We've had a couple of incidents with this... And more.
hippiechick100 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-31)
Wow. I have heard lots of stories of haunted rooms, but this one really makes me shake. I think you are sooooo brave for facing facts and moving out of the room befour something really bad happened.

Good luck and peace be with you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-30)
Wow Deja Vu, I must be on here too much. I had a dream about a story like this one just the other night. When I woke up I thought to myself I am reading too many ghost stories. LOL Doesn't sound like you have a harmful spirit just one who is restless and maybe likes to play a prank or two. The instant cold is caused by the spirit drawing energy from the atmosphere around you to make its presence known. There are a number of things you could do to get it all to stop. Such as asking the spirits to leave that they are no longer welcome in your home and to cross over into the light, where there is rest, peace, and love waiting for them. Don't try and force them to leave as this will have the opposite effect. Good luck and let us know how things go.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: