You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Weird Phone

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Phone

 

I'm not sure if this is an actual ghost experience or not but what happened with me and my friend Sally scared me and I didn't know what to think. This happened about a year or 2 ago but I just recently found this web site.

About a year or 2 ago my friend Sally came over to my house. She was staying at my house for a bit until her parents came home. She was at my house for about 2 hours when she decided that her parents might be home and called to check.

When she called someone or something answered the phone breathed into it and then hung up. Her parents were still not home because we tried calling again and this time no one picked up. We both know for sure that know one was home except my friend's pets. When her parents were home they called my house and we went over to her house.

My friend remembered the time and asked her parents if they had been home then and they said they weren't, they were still out.

It freaked me out so I told my dad about what happened and that no one was home except the pets. He told me that it could have just been one of her pets. I told him that it was impossible because the pets could not have picked up the phone, pressed talk, breathe into the phone and then put it back on the hook. (That couldn't happen right?) We know that the phone was put back on the hook because we also asked my friend's parents about it and they said the phone was in the right place when they got home.

It really freaked me out because I never had that happen to me before unlike my friend who has experienced ghosts or paranormal things. If you could please leave comments and help me understand what happened that day so I know if this maybe was a ghost or not it would be great. Thanks for helping

Other hauntings by shadow17

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shadow17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CrazyCats19 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
sounds kind of weird, but your story was very inte3resting. I have encountered the same type of thing with a nosie on the other end of the phone line.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
shadow17 - thank you for listening to our comments and accepting our help and advice, even if it may not have been what you were expecting to hear 😊
shadow17 (2 stories) (1 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
ok thanks for the help everyone I really appreciate the help and at least know that it could have been something else 😊
eternal_flame (22 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
Are you sure your friend didn't miss dial the number? Maybe she accidentally pressed a wrong number when she tried to call.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
I agree with the three nice ladies commenting above, and have one more thing to add, and this is something my children and myself have done to some telemarketers that call to the most inconvenient hours: just pick up the phone and make whatever noise (breathing, tapping fingers on the counter, shaking a maraca, etc) until the person hangs up! 😆 😆

Do not worry, you didn't contact the great beyond.
Thanks for sharing.
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+5
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
I second Miracle and Fergie. It could be either line interference or you pressed the wrong number. It happened to me twice. I did called the right number but the end receiver was someone else. It could happens. Not to worry about that as it seems normal to me.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
shadow17 - sometimes when I am talking on my landline I hear strange sounds. Some of the times it sounds like breathing, other times it's unidentified noises. Even though my kids and I share our home with two ghosts, I've never considered that one of them has been on the phone. I think it may just be interference in the phone lines.

I don't think you and your friend should freak yourselves out over this. Phone lines are very unpredictable 😊
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
😆 Shadow17, you most probably got a wrong number. These things happen. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: