You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Activity At Lynhurst Drive

Real Ghost Stories

Activity At Lynhurst Drive

 

When I was 15 going on 16 I moved to St. Thomas Ont. To live with my Mother and her Husband. As soon as I had stepped foot into the house I was very uneasy. Every time I went up the stairs to my bedroom I had my back literally against the wall and the feeling of someone behind me would make my head spin. The first few months I got there (summer break) I couldn't bring myself to fall asleep before 5am. No matter how tired I was. Falling asleep before that time was out of the question for some reason still unknown to me.

My Bathroom was in the basement and I had 2 sliding doors on either side of the washroom. I would always lock both, shower, come out of the shower and they would both be unlocked and about a half an inch open. At first I convinced myself that I forgot and started double checking the doors, and it would continue to happen. We got a dog and she would just stare down into the basement and whimper and cry. I would bring her down into the washroom with me to feel safe when I was really freaked out but the whole time she would howl and cry and bark and be in complete panic mode.

I would come home from school and my mom would be talking to herself (she worked from home) I'd go check on her and she thought I was already home she heard "me" come in and saw my shadow on the wall. That happened a few times

The biggest thing that would scare me about this house was in the middle of night (always between 3-4am) I would wake up on my back (I sleep on my stomach) with my legs straight out ankles crossed and my arms would be stretched out to either side hands and wrists under pillow. (Basically like a crucifix). This happened on and off the whole time I lived there.

My mom and her husband divorced and we moved out. They were still on speaking terms and when we were living there he never wanted to hear anything about ghosts. He called my mom one night in a panic he had been in the living room reading the paper (forgot my mom was gone) and saw a shadow go over his light above him he asked her to move and when she didn't he looked up and it was a black shadow just standing over him. He moved out about a week later.

More experiences to come. Thanks for reading and looking forward to your comments and thoughts.

Other hauntings by MrsMaryMac

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MrsMaryMac, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Niksterrific (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-04)
That story scared the crap outta me! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to hear some more of your experiences! 😨
MrsMaryMac (2 stories) (4 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Hey Guys!
THanks for the comments. That house was really evil. Strange things were always happening and I had a few friends that wouldn't come over anymore. Thankfully we did move. And even tho that house had its moments it would scare me to the point or nausea I have to admit I was very satisfied when my mom told me what had happened to her ex.:)

Keep in touch, more to come.:)
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Sounds like that house has one nasty entity "living" in it. So glad you all moved out of there.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Hi MrsMaryMac,

Its scary how the death can play tricks on us! I thought it was wonderful how this particular spirit convinced your mothers ex husband of the after life.

Thank you for sharing!
Greetings,
Peter
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
wow great story the bit about 3-4 am freaked me out!
At least none of you stil live there now.
Lok forward to your next post
monsterunderthebed (1 stories) (6 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
wow that is a little worrying (sorry if I am worrying you if you still live there but I think you said you dont:S) atleast my ghost protects me ahaa:S:\

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: