You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House On Bradley Drive

Real Ghost Stories

The House On Bradley Drive

 

I was entering the sixth grade when my mother, our two dogs and I moved to Montgomery, Alabama after going through a particularly brutal divorce from her 3rd husband. The house she purchased wasn't huge or fancy. It was a small 3 bedroom, 1 bath built in the early 1800's. The walls were poured concrete, the door knobs were crystal, and the floors were still the original hardwood. It had a good foundation and a lot of character in a quiet neighborhood filled with elderly people. For a while, it seemed like the perfect place for us.

We were so happy to have a fresh start and a house to call her home. So happy that when the previous home owner came to get some old mail and refused to come inside the gate, we didn't even question it. The woman who sold us the home was in her late twenties at the time, and she said she'd bought the house for her and her fiancé who had tragically passed in a car accident. The owners before her I believe died in the house but we were told from old age.

Anyway everything seemed to be going great for a while. I settled into school, and my mom settled into her new job. We both easily adapted and made new friends. I can't pinpoint exactly when everything started, mostly because I was trying too hard to convince myself it was only my eyes playing tricks on me or I was simply tired or mistaken. Countless times I'd see a tiny little dog out the corner of my eye and would write it off thinking it was our Pomeranian or chihuahua, the problem was when I'd see the creature our dogs weren't even in the same room.

There's no telling how long I would have denied what I was seeing, if one night when it happened my mother hadn't been in the same room. We were standing there in the dining room talking when we both turned our heads at the same time to look at the tiny dog sized creature that ran past us into the living room. When she saw me turn my head too she said, "omg you saw it too?" It had been happening to her the entire time as well, and guys that's only the beginning of the creepiness.

My aunt and uncle came to stay with us when passing through on their way to Florida to see a NASCAR race. They slept in the living room where you guessed it, the creature made its appearance, but this time crawled onto their air mattress while they were on it. But of course when they went to find the dog, nothing was there. My uncle wrote it off, saying he thought it was a giant nutria rat, but he also said he'd never be staying at our house again. From here things only escalated.

At this time I shared a bed with my mother as we only could afford the one at the time, and a lot of our furniture had been lost in Katrina. Well we are in bed and we both feel one of the dogs jump in the bed with us. It's the middle of the night and highly annoying to have little feet stepping all over your legs. My mom says, "Ali, go get the dog and put it back in the kennel." The kennel was right by the bed so it wasn't really a big task. I start to stir in order to grab for the pup, but he jumps down and retreats under the bed. I turn on the light and bend down so I can grab him and open the kennel door to put him in. And guys this is the part that terrified me. I could still hear the thing under the bed, but it was not my dog, because my dog was in the kennel. They both were and had been all night, so I scream and jump back on the bed. I'm terrified and my mother is confused. She wants to know what's wrong so I tell her, "mom, the dogs are in the cage." Now she's freaked out, but goes to look under the bed and there's nothing there.

Fast forward a week or 2. I'm doing my homework in the living room, when I hear my mother's voice frantically calling for me. I wasn't sure what to expect but what happened next I will never forget. I travel down the hall and enter the bedroom where she was at and am met by a glowing green orb hovering near the doorway where I was at so again I'm terrified and jump in the bed with her. I'm also very mad she called me to be in the room with it. Meanwhile my brain is trying to make some logical explanation that was anything but supernatural for this glowing green monstrosity that was moving up and down, up and down on the floor, on the walls, and the center of the room. I looked to the window hoping someone maybe was playing a joke maybe there was a laser beam maybe something, anything but what was my reality. Then the orb vanished. It was over.

A few weeks more passed and my mom has her friend come stay the night with us. We made her a pallet on the floor in the room we were also sleeping in. Everything was fine and we had a great movie night, but we were tired so we go to bed.

My mom and I were both sound asleep when we heard my mom's friend screaming. I quickly jump up to turn on the lights and found myself looking at a traumatized house guest. She said someone had been sitting on top of her and tried to choke her but there was no one there. She refused to come back after that.

Now we were in this house a few years. The only constant occurrence was the dog creature. Eventually I got my own room. I hadn't been sleeping in there long when I was woken by my bed shaking and what seemed to be a 7 foot tall hooded figure standing there holding out its hand for me to take. I didn't and I was too terrified to move or even scream. This is probably the most terrified I've ever been in my life. I've been told it sounds like sleep paralysis but I swear I was awake and there was something in my room that wanted me to come with it. I don't know what would have happened if I'd taken that outstretched hand but I don't think I'd be here today recounting these events.

At this point my mom had had enough of the thing in our house. We tried blessing all the rooms, and even having a priest come. We burned sage and tried cleansing rituals, but the thing never left. Eventually my mother listed the house for sale and we planned on moving back to Mississippi. It took a year for the house on Bradley drive to sell. During that time my mother had gotten a work friend to come by and check on it. This didn't last long. One night the work friend and her boyfriend came by the house and apparently decided they were going to get romantic in the bedroom. Her boyfriend put her on the bed and went to take her shirt off, well during this she caught sight of the 7 foot tall demon blocking the doorway. The boyfriend turned and looked. He saw it too. She said it just felt like it wanted them out, and like all the other things it just faded out after what felt like an eternity of them staring at it in horror. They too refused to come back inside the house.

Since we moved the house has been sold over and over and over. It was even foreclosed upon. I honestly wonder if the residents that followed us had the same problems. I drove past that house for the first time since we moved a few months back. I want to say it'd been since 2006 since I'd seen it. It appears that there was a fire and the two car garage in the back yard had completely burned down. I'd love to know what happened. I'd love to know what was in that house, but I guess I never will.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dontes0817, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (235 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-05-01)
Hi Dontes0817, great story and thanks for sharing! I too am curious as to what has occurred, part of why we read these stories for sure. Do you know how long the previous residents, both of them had lived in the house? I'm hoping the tragic accident that claimed that young woman's fiancé wasn't connected to that house and the bad luck that seemed to plague all who stayed there. As far as the fire, you could easily research the local papers to track down when and how it occurred at least, the official verdict. Depending on how it was reported, it may add some details to the story or further the mystery. You can also look up the local records on the house and see who has owned it before and after your mother and that may shine some light on a few things. With some of the owners names revealed, you could further research like the older couple that owned it previously, to see how/when they died. The records would reveal the age of the house as well as possibly what the property was prior to the house, like part of an old farm for example. This would give you greater context for what you experienced but bear in mind in won't reveal everything. If you check out who owned the place after your mother did, maybe it's someone you may know or can get in contact with regarding their experience of the house. You could also talk to the neighbors and see what they know? I'm surprised that some of the people you had doing some of the cleansings didn't reveal anything to you as many of them get impressions as part of their work that could help. These are just some things you could do that may help you get a better picture of what this was all about. You may not get the whole story, but enough to give you peace of mind. Believe me I know what it's like to experience something and want answers to put it in perspective. I suspect that the heavy energy in that place contributes to some of the bad luck like the deaths and fire that happened there. Good luck and if you find out any more keep us posted!
Rajine (14 stories) (741 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-30)
Hi Dontes0817

I think you made the right decision to move from that house, I have to agree with [at] RCRuskin some things are just best left unknown.
Dontes0817 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-04-29)
Also when the thing climbed into the bed with us the dogs were in the kennel beside the bed. As far as I remember there was no excessive barking or anything. I do remember them being up and alert when I went to open the cage before trying to grab the thing that went under the bed. I don't they made much noise until after the thing went under the bed though. This was about 15 years ago, so I could be wrong. I know they would often look at things that weren't there or start barking at nothing but that's very typical of Pomeranians and chihuahuas anyway.
Dontes0817 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-29)
Rajine, we did have someone come do a cleansing ritual. Things seemed to have settled for a while, but as you can see from the house sitter incident, it didn't quite take.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-27)
Hi, Dontes.

In my opinion, many things are best left unknown. This, I think, is one of them.
Rajine (14 stories) (741 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-27)
Hi and welcome Dontes0817

The incidents you and your family and friends experienced sounds really terrifying, I'm glad that your'll decided to move, I'd like to know how the dogs reacted to these incidents I'm guessing that they were in the room with you when you felt that one of them got onto the bed, usually animals can sense things we cannot see.

Also why didn't your'll get a clairvoyant to come over or do a home cleansing ritual?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: