You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Own Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

My Own Haunted House

 

I'm Amy. I live with my mum, my dad and my sister in a house in England. We moved in a little under two years ago, in (ironically) October, so close to Halloween everyone already had pumpkins outside their houses. STATS ON THE HOUSE - The house was built in 1930, and it is positioned on the same hill as a graveyard. It is said that the ghost of a woman and the ghost of a black puma haunt the sports ground at the top of the hill, just metres away from my house. The house was in a state - peeling wallpaper, carpets smelling of smoke, and possibly fatal electrics. At first, whilst we were still coping with the mess, no paranormal activity occurred. It was only once we started decorating that things started to take a turn for the freaky.

We took up the carpet in our Family Room, and put new flooring down. Since then I have felt a cold chill up my spine whenever I've been in there. Next we wallpapered our Family Room, and exchanged the smoky curtains for new ones. A few days after this was completed, I was sitting at my computer desk on Facebook, and suddenly there was a knock on the wall beside me. A minute later, the Family Room door literally came off its hinges, so the top was hanging at an odd angle. We repaired the door and my parents told me not to be worried by what had happened - that the house was old anyway and there were bound to be some faults. I tried to listen to them, but by that point I was already convinced of paranormal activity.

About a month ago I was in the car with my mum and my sister, driving back to our house from my dance class. We were listening to the Paramore song 'Misguided Ghosts', which reminded me of the supernatural occurrences in my house. I started up a conversation with my mum about how I was positive ghosts were in our house. My mum denied it, but I kept arguing. A few moments later, I put my hand up to my face to brush some of my hair away and my hand came away streaked with red. One look in the mirror told me my nose was bleeding and running on to my hand. My mum said it was just coincidence, but it seems strange to me that I start bleeding just after talking about the ghost. I thought nothing more of it for a while, until an electric company came in to our house. As it turns out, our house had faulty electrics and they needed to be fixed immediately. The job took two weeks, and after that, more strange things started happening.

Once the electricians had left, we thought everything would get better - that our house would stop trying to kill us. One night my little sister (9 years old) was asleep. It was eleven at night, and all of my family was sleeping with the exception of me (I read a lot at night and tend not to sleep until about twelve). My door was open and I suddenly heard my sister talking in her sleep. I was about to laugh at her funny habit... Until I heard someone talking back to her. There was nobody else there, but somebody was having a conversation with my little sister as she slept.

Just two days ago, I was left at home alone for 5 hours. I had a day off school when the rest of my family had to go in. I was watching TV with the sound turned down low, when I suddenly heard my dad's radio. It was tuned in to his favourite sport's station, and the reporter talking was the one I recognised. However, when I walked in to the kitchen to turn it off, I found that it had never been turned on in the first place. Back in the living room, I was standing up with my back to the sofa, watching TV. When something funny happened on the TV, I heard my little sister's laugh coming from the sofa behind me. I turned around but nobody was there. I was getting really scared, and it got even worse when I heard my mother upstairs with the laundry basket, humming to herself as she sorted through the washing. I ran upstairs to go and get dressed (I was still in my pyjamas), and when I entered my room I found a pile of clean laundry in my wardrobe. This was odd; since I was sure it hadn't been there when my family had left that morning. I changed and then looked in the mirror to put on my makeup - and in the mirror I caught something flash across the room behind me. I got so scared I ran downstairs and the whole while I was running I heard somebody's footsteps on the stairs behind me. When I was downstairs, I put on some music (it always seems to calm me down) and I was terrified to hear someone singing along to it in a very high voice, like a little girl.

So you can see - my reasons for believing in ghosts is simple: My house survived through WW2 - the woman who lived here before us suffered from cancer, her husband heart attacks - we live on the same lane as a cemetery - I got a nosebleed after talking about the ghosts. Sometimes, I hear a sound like a drill upstairs in my wardrobe. My dog barks non-stop sometimes for no apparent reason (it is said that animals can sense paranormal presences).

I'm terrified. I need someone to help me. I'm really young, I'm only 13. Please help me, I'm scared. I only need advice - someone has to be able to tell me what to do. My parents and my sister don't believe me, so I'm alone in my beliefs.

For more information on the ghost I believe may be haunting me, please comment and I will tell you everything that has happened.

Other hauntings by Ami

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ami, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BeauZah (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-28)
Your brave i'll give you that i'd start crying and run under the couch pillows 😨 so scary.
hinata565 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
hi may my name is Emma and I'm 13 too
Ive had my share of paranormal experiences
If you have a video camera tape everything next time then show your parents
If they believe you get the house blessed that might help
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Ami,

You could just try by asking: "please stop scaring me like that what ever your problem is."
Reading your sharing here did give me goosebumps.
Its sad that your family seems to be closed off for this and even are not willing to listen to you. One of your parents should at least take interest in what is scaring you, that's what parents are for I believe...

Greetings,
Peter
Lauren_Goes_Rawr (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Gosh, that's really scary. 😨 I wish I could mee you though because I love to read to. Maybe one day we can IM or something. But about your house, if you're religious, then hang a cross and get a cruccifix. Whatever you do, do NOT try to communicate with it, it could be very dangerous. You could also ask your mom if your preist can bless your house. Hope this helps and IM or email me if you ever want to just chat. 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Up until the point where your little sister was talking in her sleep and 'someone' else was in the conversation with her I could pretty much debunk a lot of activity as coincidence or oddities. That's when it all flipped for me reading this.
However, I don't feel you are in any real danger. This is most likely due to the restorations and given time it should settle.
In the mean time, if you can lose the fear factor, that will help it settle sooner. Don't let it feed on the energy created by fear. The problem now-a-days is the portrayal of the paranormal has been vastly exagerated by Hollywood and horror fiction authors. So when people come face to face with these types of phenomenon they tend to go straight to "The Excorcist" for their comparison. This is like comparing the a wrist watch to 'Big Ben'. Not even close, right? The only thing they heve in common is they both tell you the time.
One thing you might try is telling the entity (s) to knock it off. It's your families house now and they are the guest. They need to start acting as such. No more mimicking of voices, footsteps, or messing with your sister as she sleeps. Just put your foot down. There are no two ways about it, if they want to stay they must behave or they can just go stay somewhere else.
What ever you decide on, make it stick. Stand tall, be strong, and mean what you say. No need to be nasty about it, after all, they may be feeling lost and confused about what's going on too. Being woken up to find others living in their home has got to sting some. 😕
I hope this has helped some. There are lots of posters before me with great ideas too, just remember to be firm.
😊 ❤
ghostfacep (1 stories) (27 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
You should try and believe that this ghost is like a goof/goofy phenomenon happening and be positive about this ordeal and with yourself. (especially yourself). It would probably be a good thing to have your house blessed. Perhaps someone from the church you attend, etc.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Ami: Thanks for giving a good description of your home, you have obviously been busy looking into the homes previous occupants and its history well done! What first came to my mind was the renovations that occured when you first moved in, this in itself is well documented to stir up activity within a home like it has been disturbed etc.
These things you are experiencing are attention seeking whatever / whoever is there wants you to notice it, and by the sounds of things it has already done that.
I believe these event will continue although they are not malevolent it is still frightning, you could try to talk out loud in your home saying that you acknowledge there presence but to not frighten you or if not, that they need to move on to the light. Be firm whilst doing this but also respectful. If this does not work please keep us posted. Good luck to you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Really sorry that You been through and Sorry that Your Family don't believe you... Let you know ghosts can't hurt you unless you let them but to me sound like a Harmless ghosts and they seem doing in when they are alife like listen to muisc and sing along and other things like doing laudry sound like a helping ghosts. Try talk to them they won't hurt you.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Very sorry to hear how your current situation is very upsetting. Apparently these spirits are targeting you for a reason. They want your attention. It's been documented that sometimes a spirit will appear to one person, but not to the person who could be standing to them. They maybe doing this because you are still a young girl, and are likely more vurnerable. And morely likely to pay attention to them. Now not saying anything bad will happen, but I wonder... I think the rest of your family may have experience similiar hauntings, but either are in denial, or just not want to say anything in order not to frighten you. They may also be scared too. Just pray, be on your toes, and maybe try telling the spirits leave you alone in God's name. Might work for the time being. It just sounds like your house is haunting from the possible sources you stated. Right now, they are just trying to get your attention. Maybe that's all that will happen. Try reaching out to an trusted adult, or friend, who may understand what you are going through. They may help. God bless and good luck. Please do not do anything that will encourage the spirits to make more contact with you. You don't know what will happen, and right now you might be in the observing phrase to see what else might happen. Take care.
Aurora123 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Thats scary! I wonder if you had a priest go there what would happen if it would make it worst. I've seen too many exorcist movies,lol. But that's really freaky that they would sound like your family. 😨
Gymnast (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Ohh I hope everything gets better! I am 15 and I would be scared too if something like that happened to me!

I have one thing to tell you: NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER USE A OUIJA BOARD! Ever! Dont listen to anyone who tells you to use it or anyone! Please...
That will just create a portal in your house and wherever YOU are and the ghosts and paranormal things will NEVER LEAVE! Dont make the mistake of the ouija board. It's evil and its from satan and demons!
I had distant family who used it and... It's so horrible...
ANYWAY! Just stay calm and positive. Never try to invoke or challenge them.
Just have your family members together to tell the ghosts to leave you guys in peace and that they can finally rest and leave earth or something.
Of course its scary but millions of people are going through this and you can all help each other.

GOOD LUCK and GOD Bless You!
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
The things you're going through aren't easy, especially when your family doesn't believe you. If I were you I would try and get some proof to show your family. Try using a video recorder, leave it running at night. Try and set it up where there is the most activity. Also take some photographs, those aren't as easy to prove but they can work. Voice recorders work well too, although there is no visual proof and audio can be difficult to prove to skeptics. DO NOT use an Ouija board. That WILL make things worse and very possibly increase the activity as well as attract not-nice things. Whatever is in your house doesn't sound evil and using an Ouija board is more likely to attract mean entities! Please keep us posted, especially if things get worse or you get some good proof! Best of luck!
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Renovations have been know to wake up spirits. Before you do anything drastic tell them that the house is now yours, not theirs and that they need to leave you alone and stop causing problems. If that doesn't work then try getting your house blessed or if you don't believe in that try smudging.
-Hayz
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
ok bit of advice and yes I'm repeating what aya22 said but do not use a ouija board ever if your not happy with what's going on and obviously your not ask in a clear calm voice for it to stop. Most of the time all a spirit wants is for someone to accept that they are there.
I personaly thik that they tried to use your family's voices to help you not be affraid of them
Good luck withthis and please stay in touch and keep this up to date
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Creepy stuff. They may be spirits of people that are still attached to the place, however it is strange to me that they have mimicked your family members. These things can "feed" off energy that you give off. Fear is a very strong and powerful emotion, so try not to feel or exhibit any fear, as it only adds fuel to the fire. I also recommend not using a Ouija board. There are many examples on this site of Ouija boards making situations much worse. Yet it seems like so far these spirits aren't malevolent. I agree redphx, you can ask them to stop scaring you.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
I would have freaked out if I heard someone running down the stairs after me. Too many time have I been chased! It is an awful feeling. They sound like they are just trying to get your attention. Nothing too bad has happened. I don't think they are bad ghosts. THey may be a little irked that you started changing the house but that is understandable. Since they are not hurting anyone I would suggest you try to find a happy balance with them. Ask them to stop doing what they are doing as it is scaring you. THey might not realize how terrified you are

This comment from sunny01 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

MrsMaryMac (2 stories) (4 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Hi Ami,

Sounds pretty creepy. I have had a lot of things happen myslef so I completely understand what you're going thru.
A small piece of advice my mom gave me which has seemed to work well. And it may be tough at first but I believe you should get positive results.
Try to stay strong and try to not assume that it is all negative (although quite creepy) If you do have a ghost they feed off of energy so if you're scared or worried that's what will be fed off of where as if you TRY take some deep breaths and calm down either the ghost will back off or feel the calming energy coming from you which should help to turn the situation around. If there is more to it than that, I may not be such great help.:/ all the very best tho. Be strong! If you need to talk or anything you can email me I can give you my fb. Stef_senecal [at] hotmail.com
jatinder (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
hi Ami that sound terrifing I thought if we could get to know each other as I am 13 aswell and interested in paranormal stuff aswell and, and I feal so sory for you.

We could get to know each other if you want me to add you on facebook send me a freind request on jatinder hayre or email me on jatinderhayre [at] yahoo.co.uk and we could be freinds and think of a solution for your problem.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: