You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Into The Light

Real Ghost Stories

Into The Light

 

On a recent ghost hunt, with Simply Ghost Nights we were attempting spirit communication in a 16th century coaching inn. The inn was in the centre of a Yorkshire market town, in a large open square with trees lined on either side of the square, bringing a lighter tone and feel to the area with household shopping brands in near location to it.

The public house itself was on four floors, with a rendered front and an arch at the side leading to the court yard, where centuries ago the coaches and horses would have pulled into then proceeded on their way.

The inn had many uses over the years from a travellers rest, to a hotel, and a more sinister past as well, it had been well documented locally that the attic had been used as a back street abortion room, in the 1940s until about the 1960s. The activity reported in the building ranged from, disembodied voices, items thrown from the bar area, and strange banging and tapping.

As I entered the public house, it was quite empty of the living, but there was a mass of energy from the ghostly side, I could sense the spirit of a lady who was stood at the bar watching the group of us who had entered the building, she looked as though she was in her sixties, with her hair in a bun too, and her frame was that of a slight lady she looked as though she was from the 1960's era.

On a previous visit to inspect the building just to see if it was suitable for a ghost night, I had come across the spirits of two soldiers from the First World War too, they had been stationed in the old inn before going to France. I gleamed from them that they had in fact been local lads and were part of a Pals group who had gone to France in 1915 and had been killed in France. The inn had been there local when they had been alive and it held so many happy memories for them, prior to their deaths in the muddy fields in France.

On a vigil in the attic the energies in the room felt erratic and coupled with the feeling of uneasiness and sorrow that could be felt by many of the ghost hunters in the attic. I picked up the spirit of a woman called Sarah, she communicated through mediumship that she had died in the attic, due to complications in an attempted abortion. She informed me that her child was with her, and she felt trapped in the attic because of the shame she had placed on her family after the failed abortion her body was found in an alley, with the obvious signs of blood and injury.

She went on to explain that in her days to have a child out of wedlock, would bring shame and dishonour to the family name, but also to have been found dead in the gutter was even worst for her family. I asked her if she and her child wanted to be released from the attic where they were in essence entombed, Sarah agreed that she was now ready to pass to the other side.

I explained the procedure to the group that we would be asking for help from my spirit guides in assisting Sarah and her child. I then asked for Simo and the Doctor, my two guides to help Sarah in moving to the other side. I also asked for Sarah's family to come forward and help her on her journey to the light. After a few seconds or so three of our party said that she could see lights coming out from around my back and head.

The whole atmosphere in the attic then changed, it became lighter almost brighter, everyone stated that they had seen the light too, and that the room felt calmer almost serene. We carried on the ghost hunt in a happier atmosphere, knowing Sarah and her child had now moved onto a better place.

Other hauntings by Simplyghostnights

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simplyghostnights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
that is so nice to hear the sarah and her child had already passed into the light. I wish you and your tema the best to send more spirits to the light.

Simplyghostnights (27 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Thank you so much for the kind words, they mean so much to me xx
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
SGN: Thank you for this account...I'm sure Sarah wasn't the only person to die under such circumstances in the attic... Just goes to show that many times the feeling of oppression that we sometimes sense doesn't mean the entity is evil or demonic... Good job, and keep up the good work! 😊 ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
That is Wonderfully I'm glad she and her Unborn baby gone to the Light being abortion is not right and Some doctor do kill pregant Mother even without aLience... Of course I hear alots in years of my life. Thanks for the story I believe there is light for the dead.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: