You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Own Haunted House 2

Real Ghost Stories

My Own Haunted House 2

 

Following my recent story about the ghosts I believe inhabit my house, I am posting this update about the situation.

Thanks to all of you for the comments - they really have helped me. I took one suggestion and attempted concentrating then trying to talk to the ghost. I was alone, with the rest of my non-believing family out for the day. I sat in my Family Room (which I believe is the most haunted room in the house). I kept the lights on because I was a little scared, but I calmed down after I took a few deep breaths (thank you to those of you who suggested that).

At first, nothing happened at all, but then there was a knocking sound from the wall. I said 'hello?' and once again, there was a knock from the wall near the door. I got up and turned off the lights and drew the curtains. When I then said 'hello?' again, something flashed past behind me in the mirror. It was dark so I couldn't see very well but it looked as if it came from the door and in to the middle of the room. I got quite freaked out so I turned the lights on again, and I said 'who is there?' I heard the knock again, coming from the wall near the door. It was as if it would only come in to the room when the lights were off (not sure what that means?).

I tried this again in a few other rooms in the house, yet I never really got the same results. So I turned my attention back to the Family Room. One night, when my parents were out at a dinner with their friends and my sister was at a sleepover, I set up a motion-sensing video camera in the middle of the Family Room. It was expensive so I could rely on the footage. I left the lights on in the Family Room then went up to bed.

The next morning, I checked the camera. My parents told me they had come home at about one in the morning from their dinner. The footage was really odd.

First, there were some of the familiar knocking sounds from when I talked to the ghost. Then the motion-sensor icon started flashing and the camera appeared to turn around anti-clockwise a few times, settling on a wide-frame shot of the door. Then all the lights in the room turned off, though when I zoomed in on the light switch it was still in the 'on' position. After a few seconds, the lens of the camera steamed up and something white flashed across the shot. A few more minutes passed and the white figure flashed past again. Then all the lights turned back on and the steam disappeared from the lens.

Obviously, whatever ghost is haunting my house; it doesn't want me to see it. Otherwise it wouldn't have steamed the camera up or turned off the lights when it wanted to move across the room.

I am curious as to who the ghost belongs to (as in which dead body). I think perhaps that it is someone from WW2, or maybe the man who died from a heart attack here before we bought the house.

Any ideas on what to do next, please comment. Thanks.

Other hauntings by Ami

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ami, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Highnoon (9 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
Hey Ami,

My name is Ed -- I'm a writer working on a prospective new TV series called "Don't Turn Out The Light" (site: www.dtotl.com). This is a paranormal series, recreating real tales of peoples' encounters with the paranormal.

Currently we're compiling episodes for the series, with the aim of representing the most fascinating ghost stories around the world -- it's for that reason that I came across your spooky story.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in allowing, at least in part, those accounts recreated?

At this early stage, this would involve initiating contact only. Depending on your preference, it would mean me contacting you to further discuss what the show is about and how it would relate to your contribution.

I understand, given the unsettling nature of the subject matter, if recanting it may not be preferable - so please understand, the series will be in good taste, take the subject seriously, and will protect your personal details as you'd require.

Thanks again for your time - please email me at the contact details in my profile if you're interested (edjory [at] gmail.com).
hinata565 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
well Amy have you showed your tape to your parents
If they believe you get the house blessed
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
Welcome back Ami,
I'm thinking the same as Lou, if the spirit didn't want you to see it then it simply would have done nothing at all and let the camera film all night with no interaction whatsoever. As it is, you've made contact several times but have never seen fit to let it/them know what you've been wanting to get across. JustCurious has a wonderful idea with the knocking. And frankly, I think the spirit has been very accomodating by trying to lead you in this direction. If you're too scared, it's OK. You are young and no one could ever fault you for that. However, you've only written about responses you've gotten, not any other activity that may be going on. This leads me to wonder if the activity has calmed down somewhat, and if so, then maybe it's just a waiting game until it finally settles down for good. If not, maybe you could elaborate a little for us and we can give some other advice.
But honestly, I don't think you have that much to worry about. The spirit seems to be trying to communicate, but cannot use complicated speech. It doesn't sound mean or vindictive either. If there's something more just tell us and we can go from there.
😊
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Ami,
Your guess is as good as anyone's as to why this activity is happening this way. Personally, I see it a bit different. I think that it is manipulating the lighting so that you WILL see it. If all this apparition can muster is a fleeting white form, it may be manipulating the lights to create the contrast it needs to be visible. A translucent white figure is not going to show up very well in a brightly lit room.

Lou
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
Do you still have this footage from the motion sensor camera?
I'm not sure what it could mean as far as the ghost not wanting to come in when the lights are on, and I don't know what to say about the steam on the camera.

One thing I have heard of is something you can try. It is to ask it simple yes no questions, and since it has knocked for you before, tell it to knock once for yes and twice for no and then ask it if it understands and then proceed.

Hope that helps

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: