You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Dog Wanders

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Dog Wanders

 

I've been reading some stories here. Well, now I feel comfortable on telling my story. I've had a few experiences. I live in Syracuse of central New York (USA). Around 30 years or so ago, the place I live used to be a forest (well, everywhere use to be one at the least, ha-ha). The forest was very much alive with coyotes, foxes, raccoons, you name it even after a while when many houses were built, some foxes and coyotes, even deer wandered around trying to find their homes.

The house was built almost 28 years ago, so I was raised in that same house and street. I still live there now. My parents got a cocker spaniel dog just before I was born. Brandie had problems with her heart. One day, she got her head stuck in the fence and died from a heat stroke. I was 3 at the time when Brandie was 4. When I was 7 years old, I wanted a dog for my birthday. This cute little Shih Tzu pup named Susie was my birthday gift (she is alive now).

My first experience was when I was 6 years old. It was late evening, around 8:30pm. I was on the sofa, watching my favourite show on TV (forgot what it was but I know I was really into it). My mother was on the different sofa across the room from me. We were in the family room. Suddenly, I felt the edge of the couch go down quite a bit as if someone was sitting on the edge of it or an animal jumping up and putting their front paws on the edge. I got scared and ran to my mother, she soothed me and calmed me down but I didn't really tell her what exactly happened. I didn't go back to the couch for 2 days.

My second experience was when I was 10 years old. Susie, my dog, was out in the backyard just playing and running around. I was outside with my grandma on the swinging bench. We were playing imaginary fishing with a tree branch. Susie stopped running and was staring at the fence and began barking. I looked over to where she was barking at, there were no other dogs out at the time. I asked grandma if she saw anything, she just said no. I called Susie to come over, she didn't come. My grandma is a believer in paranormal and ghosts, which her house is haunted (she lives just by the shore of the Onondaga Lake). She told me that where Susie is barking at, was where Brandie had died! I was freaked out so I ran and picked her up in my arms and brought her over. She stopped barking as soon I ran over to her. So, perhaps, Brandie was there but had gone when I came.

Now, my third experience, I was 13 years old. My parents were at work, I came home from school before they got home. So I sat, doing my homework, like a good girl. Around 30 minutes later, it was 3:40pm then. I heard some kind of noise from the kitchen. The kitchen has a tile flooring, so when my dog walks on it. It makes some kind of a scraping noise, when a dog's nails hit the floor making a noise. Well, it sounded like that. I looked down the hall from where I sat, I see Susie sleeping in her cage. So I was bewildered to what it was, I didn't feel scared, just curious. I got up and looked around in the kitchen, nothing was there. I shrugged it off so I went back doing my homework. Ten minutes later, I heard it again and this time, Susie heard it too. I grew scared so I called my dad to get home as quickly as possible. He came home around twenty minutes later, nothing happened since.

I told my dad what had happened, he looked around the kitchen. Nothing was there, he looked around the whole house, nothing. Then what he found was interesting but spooked me at the time. On the kitchen floor, he found 2 long grey coloured scrape marks. When I looked at it, I know my dog had not left them or my mother would have noticed about that. Surely, when my mom got home, she noticed the new scrape marks on the floor and asked if Susie was running around like a hyper dog again. I told her the story, with the help of my dad. She half believed it.

Now and then, I would have a feeling as if someone or something's following me or just watching me. Once in a while, I would feel my bed go down a bit as if Brandie jumped up on my bed. I usually ignore it or just try to talk to her. I don't feel threatened at all, just safe to know that I am not alone when I actually am in the house. I only have 2 moments of Brandie in my memory.

If you're wondering about my grandma's haunted house. I will tell you about it next time in my next story. Thanks for reading! I still live in that house. I know that sometimes ghost pets may linger.

Other hauntings by YamiRin

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, YamiRin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
what a sweet story thank you for posting 😁
Totaly agree it is more than possible it brandie popping back to visit you you both shared your baby years together and that will stay with her into the next life thanks again enjoyed this one
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I have no doubt that pets can visit us as spirits, I still get visited my dog (s). But that's not to say it couldn't have been another woodland creature. If pets can visit, why not other animals too? 😊
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Very sad the way Brandie died 😢 And very nice that Susie is still with you after all these years 😊 I'm no expert on the matter but I don't see why it can't be the spirit of Brandie. If humans can have souls then so can animals. Very touching story.
YamiRin (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
[at] shadowspirit - It may have been possible if it was the wild animals, not just Brandie alone. I had asked my parents before about Brandie, they told me that she was a very well trained dog. She liked to play in the mud when she was a puppy but she stopped around a year later.

I don't think she'd drag the mud around anymore or she'll get scolded at... Shrug, just a thought.
shadowspirit (4 stories) (122 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
your house was built where a lot of wild animals lived, although I'm not disagreeing, have you thought it could be one of those animals spirits searching around for their burrow or whatnot?

From what you know, was brandie a muddy dog, would she be constantly dirty and run around trailing dirt? It would seem strange if a dog that stayed clean came and tracked mud everywhere

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: