You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Claudio And The Toilet

Real Ghost Stories

Claudio And The Toilet

 

I have been living in Ghent for a while. Have been working there to. Underneath where I lived I was a dishwasher washing dishes in the back of the kitchen of an Italian restaurant. "The Medici steps"

My chef Claudio, who lived the building next to mine, was not just a chef to boss his staff around, he was a beautiful loving Roman guy someone who understood you and could see when you had stuff going on in your heart. Then he would take you aside, sit with you and with his heavenly smile he would do his magic: make the sun shine through the clouds again. We became best friends from day one, almost like lovers a true connection between two people, a high and rare thing.

One night, august the 28th 2004 to be exactly, I noticed how the square, which my room was fazing, got coloured blue by the flickering of blue lights. So I ran over to the big window and saw how the ambulance had parked where my friend lived. Just like that my dearest Claudio was gone.

The restaurant got closed for a week during which there was the funeral in the presence of his parents and brothers who came over to Belgium. Also they had to think of the future because life goes on as you know, and a person had to be found to step into this so loved man's place.

A day before we would take a new start we had to clean everything up. So they asked me to go upstairs to the second floor where the toilets were and do some cleaning over there. As I was wondering around with the vacuum cleaner and about to enter the toilet room, a strong and firm power forced me to turn my head. Something so powerful that it made my heart beat faster and had me have goosbumps all over my body. I looked but there was nothing. I continued to vacuum and entered the toilet area. When the vacuuming was done, I thought to myself "is it really necessary to clean the toilets? No one has used them for a week, so how can they be dirty?"

To make sure I opened the door to the ladies toilet and received the surprise of a lifetime! Claudio sat on it and scared the socks off of me. It all happened in the blink of an eye, I saw him in his chef's outfit, his white shoes, his blue shirt and apron. I saw him and slammed the door jumping backwards. So scared I was.

After I had calmed down I told him that I loved him but that he please would not give me anymore surprises. So I carefully opened the door a second time to see he had vanished.

It turned out that of all the five toilets, the one he was sitting on was the one to be cleaned. And in my head I could hear him say to me: "When you clean the toilets you are sure they are clean." Which was such a typical thing for him to do; he always took good care of the restaurant so he was sure that he could give the customers a clean welcome.

Other hauntings by Petersspirit

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Petersspirit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Lou: LMAO!...Yeah, if I scare the crap out of them they need to be where they can easily dispose of it! 😆...But what fun would that be?... 😆 ❤
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Hi Louslips,
Am happy you enjoyed reading about my after life contact with my friend

Hello applerose,
We did put a picture up of Claudio in the kitchen to honour him. And one of my co workers recieved a message from him on her cell phone. Other people who were close to him also got to see him. The restaurant closed a few years later. Though it will be re opened but on another location.

Hey Clairvoyant,
I was so scared by this sudden appearance of his and yet at the same time it felt wrong feeling this way because we were such dear friends to each other. So that's why I apologiszed for my response to him and said out loud that I loved him but that he please would not scare me anymore, even when he diden't mean to do so.

Hello zzsgranny,
As I said in another post on this wonderful forum when I die I wouldent mind to hang around some place and do a bit of haunting there. Now I see I'm not alone with this idea, chuckle. One thing he said to me while he was still in his body did get a special meaning after his death. He told me that he thought he would die there. And indeed, he loved his job, he loved the people, he was a great lover!

Thank you all so much for reading and for the delightful coments which I most appreciated!
Greetings;
Peter
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Zzsgranny,

If you intend on following through with this fiendish plan, I suggest you pull a reverse-Claudio. Your store managers better be the ones sitting down.

;) Lou
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
ok that would have scare the crap out of me -I'm sorry that you lost a dear friend - but it sounds like that he is going to make sure that his restaurant is to be in tip top shape - I'm going to bet that is not to be the last time your beloved friend will be seen - seems to me - he's taking care of his restaurant in spirit. Lets just hope he's not sitting on the toliet again 😊 Great Story - thank you for sharing
clairvoyant (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
aww how sweet and scary! If I was in your shoes I would have yelled at the closed door " Aright aright ill clean the darn thing!" he just checking up to make shure everyone running the place like he would have! Great story:D
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Peter: What a cool story!...Claudio must have really loved his job... If I haunt my job when I go, I want to scare the crap out of my store managers, just for kicks!😆...I really enjoyed your account, and thank you for posting... 😊 ❤
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Hi taz890,

When I shared my experience at the time with my co workers, they all said: that's so him to do that! It then turned out that he had made contact with them to.

Hello Trix,
He had water in his lungs which came, as I remember, from his legs. The doctor said that he had drowned this way in his sleep by laying on his bed. I do believe that he knows of his death since he so jokingly made me aware of him self and of my responsiblilty. He was so loved by many.

Hi Melime,
He was a wonderful man indeed! Is it not amazing that life go's on after life?

Hello aya22,
He was a joker in life, he would do the silliest stuff to lighten up the atmosphere. It did feel like a last goodbye to me too with all of his love and humor!

Hey Sporky,
I guess when we've cared in life, once we go to the other side, we keep on caring. The good stuff stays with us...

Thank you all very much for having stopped by and for the wonderful coments!
Greetings, Peter
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
great story like others have said it mst be nice for you to know claudio is still around and obviously not changed his habbits even if it does mean cleaning the toilets for him lol
Thanks for sharing
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Hi Petersspirit, this was a very nice story. Thanks for sharing. I was just wondering how did he die? If it was sudden and unexpected he might be trapped in confusion about if he is still alive or dead. I'm just wondering because he is still on his post by checking if everything is clean. Just a thought. Trix. ❤
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Very cute story! Sounds like Claudio was a wonderful man. I'm sure he's still watching over you.
Take care! 😊
aya22 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Sorry, I can't help this: you saw a ghost on a toilet! Lol! Okay, enough immaturity. It does like he was still watching out for you, trying to say his last goodbye and make you feel like everything was alright. Very sweet story. Thank you for sharing. 😉
Sporky (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
What a sweet story! 😊 Thanks for sharing that, sounds like Claudio was still looking out for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: