You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The No-faces

Real Ghost Stories

The No-faces

 

This is my first time talking about any of this outside of my close childhood friends and my doctor. I guess my story begins when I was about 15 years old. At the time a few friends and I were interested in "ghosts" and "magic", so when rumours spread around that there was a Ouija board for sale at the thrift store we pounced on it. It took us a few weeks to get the courage to use it, but we finally decided to try it out in our tree house we had built in my front yard. We waited until it got dark, lit some candles I stole from dining table and started our little séance. At first all we could do was stare at each other but finally my brother asked if there was any spirits with us, and that little eye-piece slowly moved over to the yes section. We were all shaking at that point. Being a scaredy cat back then and I said I was getting out of there, but as I backed up I fell out of the tree house. The next thing I know I'm awake in a hospital bed with both my parents crying about how they love me, and soon the doctor came in and explained that I had a cracked skull and had suffered a major concussion.

As the nurse wheeled me around the hospital I noticed a slight blurriness around the edges of my vision, the doctors said that it was normal for people who have suffered from concussions. As I started to recover, I noticed that the blurriness had subsided and life was beginning to return to normal, but there was still something wrong. I felt like I was being followed because even though the blurriness was gone, there was still something in the corner of my vision. Every time I turned to look at whatever was following me it was gone, around a corner or fading into the darkness, I could never get a good look at it.

After about a week in the hospital, I came home to my friends and a week of bed rest. The first night since the accident I had a hard time falling asleep, and I kept waking up with chills. After hours of tossing and turning, lightly falling asleep and waking, I finally fell asleep. When I woke up in the morning something didn't seem right with my room, like something was going to happen. As I got up, I noticed a tall, gangly shape in the corner of my eye, next to dresser, and turned quickly to see a horrifying creature without a face, just a pale featureless face apart from two impossibly deep black holes where the eyes should be. At first all I could do is stare into those two black holes and silently scream, but I finally slammed my eyes shut and started screaming. When my parents burst in my room and asked what was wrong, I told them what I had seen, but they insisted I had been dreaming. I did not see the faceless thing for about 10 years later. The No-face, as I had named it, did not appear again until the accident that ended my fiancée's life.

After that I began seeing him everywhere and there where more than one, following other people. I began to see a therapist for my hallucinations and she recommended a MRI and a CAT scan, both of which were inconclusive, and she determined that these hallucinations are coping mechanisms that I subconsciously created to cope with the stress of the death of fiancée. The trouble is, these things haven't gone away, even though I have come to terms with her death. The other No-faces seem unaware of my presence, other than the one that keeps following me, it stays about one to three yards away from me at all times and never gets too close or too far away.

Can anyone here help me? I've become very stressed over this lately, I haven't had much to eat, and haven't slept very well.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jack_F84, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Head injuries seem like a gateway to the paranormal. As I've stated before, I believe in mental inllness before I believe that something is paranormal. I am a very deep and broad paranormal researcher and writer. I, however have never seen anything strange. It looks like your accident opened you up to something scary. If I knew how to hurt my head just right, so that I wouldn't sustain long-term damage, but injure myself in just the right way to open my third eye, I would jump at it. You probably didn't ask for this ability, I bet it's really scary, actually. I just find it interesting how people become more sensitive if they've hurt their heads or had a near death experience. It draws you closer to the other side.
Nya91 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-03)
I don't think you seeing the "no-faces" are a pychological problem, but I think a spirtual one... You should check it out
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
Hello Jack,
My heart is breaking for you and both your families having to deal with the sorrow and loss of one so dear to your heart.
I have to agree with Pjod, louslips, and so many others who commented before me. Do not take this to any mental facility. If your CT's and MRI's are inconclusive and if your doctor still wants send you, get a naw doctor.
Rustum (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
Hi I'm sorry to hear of your fianc
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
take caution... Of those who will post on here saying they can help you. If someone has nothing to hide, they would post, for all to see, how exactly they can help you.
ricrogers (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
hey I can help you email me at iluvsprheros [at] gmail.com I can and will help you
ricrogers (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
hi I can help you dude realy I have almost the same problome email me at iluvsprheros [at] gmail.com please I can help you
Joojoodolly (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
First of all, I am terribly sorry for the hurt and pain that must have strained itself on you. Everytime somebody passes, it is a part of our planet we are losing. A gift. But, something I like to remember, is the fact that the body, as warm and alive and feeling as it may be, is only being kept this way by your soul. Everything we do is controlled by it! We never follow our hearts, or our heads, just our soul, as that is the only thing truly alive and feeling. And nobody or nothing, can kill a soul! Our body is a shell. I hope with all MY soul that you will feel the warmth and life of your dear fiance every day. I hope that maybe made you feel a bit better, along with everybody else's lovely comments! She will always be part of this world.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
Lou has some very good advice. I would get down and do some serious research... Looking into alternative ways to curing these visions. The medical community is not the way to go here, and can only worsen your situation. Maybe, start sending e-mails to psychics... Famous ones, asking for their assistance. I'll bet your story, will peek their curiosity, enough that one will come to your aide.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
Jack,
I have to agree with those who discounted the ouija board. Although I am rabidly opposed to their use, I do not believe it was the source of your "friend". I believe the fall and the brain altering injury caused you to see what you are now seeing. They are not hallucinations, they are just beyond the realm of what the average person usually experiences. Extreme emotion CAN cause additional complications with this type of gift. I wish I could tell you how to get used to it, because I don't believe it will be going away. As unnerving as these experiences have been for you, you have to realize and accept that what you are seeing are only remnants of people. They were once alive just like you and I...and now they are something less.
I, too, would resist being committed... Not for the obvious reasons, but for the fact that... Where do 50% of all ghost hunting shows take place? Modern medicine does not accept what we all here know to be true. So let's commit our patient who is seeing ghosts to a mental institution where there is likely a history of tragic death, hurricanes of emotional turbulence, and residual energy of patients who never understood their own lives, let alone their deaths... And then we will sit back and wonder why our patient keeps seeing these "hallucinations". Throw in some experimental pharmaceuticals and next thing you know, you wake up one day a very old person in a very sad place.
I am very sorry to hear about your loss, and I am also very sorry to hear about the toll this has taken on you, physically. But, Jack, you have to take care of your body, it is the only one you are ever going to have. Unless you are looking to join No-Face in his realm, you need to get it together before you put yourself in the hospital and other people start making decisions about where you end up. Stop worrying about convincing people that what you are seeing is real... The fact of the matter is, THIS IS YOUR REALITY, and the sooner you can get a grip on this and still manage to function... The sooner everything in your life will get better.

God Bless You,
Lou
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-26)
Jack,

I wish you alots of strenght in this time of loss... And I know of other people who had taken a serious fall, or bumped their heads and from that moment on they were opened up to seeing the other world. So like many other posters I to advice you to stay away from doctors and institutions. Prayer has always done much more then ever any medicine did in such cases.

Peter,
GeminiGoat (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-26)
Whatever you do, for your own sake, do not commit yourself to any kind of mental hospital. Don't even bother going for evaluations. If the doctors think you're unstable and suicidal, because you said you're having problems eating and sleeping, they'll probably strap you down and shove drugs down your throat that'll make you like a zombie. These spirits are probably tormenting you even though you haven't been harmed by them but it sounds like are definetly not comfortable with seeing them or feeling their presence. You might have cursed yourself when you played with the ouija board, so you have to fight this as a spiritual battle. If you want to be free, commit yourself to a higher purpose for all that is good. Show these spirits that you belong to something greater than them. Have faith that you will overcome this in your life. Faith is believing in the unlikly and the impossible.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Hi Jack,

You have a special gift to see these spirits. I believe they are all around at us at all times. In fact, I believe everyone has one that follows them at all times like the one you see that follows you all the time about 1-3 yards away from you.

They may be attracted to you more because you are in an extreme state more often (very sad, lonely, depressed, etc.). They often bother people when they are in these extreme states. May I suggest you just simply ignore them and get on with your life. Don't directly talk to them unless they are somehow getting physical with you or get into your face. They are no real harm to you aside from whispering to you to do some bad things every now and then and give you bad dreams (they do this to everyone).

Please refer to my first story to know where I am coming from and to get more details on what I believe this entity is.

Be strong, these entities are always around us, you just happen to see them.

I wish you the best and I am sorry to hear about your misfortune as a child and with your fianc
lulusghosts79 (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
I am truly sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is very traumatic and can take a very heavy toll on one's life. Now if you are in any way religious seek help from your pastor or priest. If you feel like they are not helping look for someone else who can. When the doctor can no longer help God can. He is a pro at casting these beings out of our lives. Whatever it is has perhaps come to torment you and feed off of your mourning and fear. Some spirits lie dormant and manifest at later times. Or perhaps you became sensitive after your injury. I believe you as others on this site do. Put yourself around positive people who believe you. Do not isolate yourself or allow anyone to tell you you are crazy. There is help out there. Pray for God to lead you to that help. I don't know if you believe in God and I don't in any way want to impose my beliefs on you but He is there to help if you just ask. God Bless and I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.:)
SpiritsWindsForever (44 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
The ouija board might have brought these "No Faces" to our realm. And particulary got intrested in you because of your injury... But just to let you know. I believe you 100% 😁 Best of luck in dealing the "No Faces"
elawton1980 (13 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Hello, Jack. First off, I'm very sorry for the loss that you experienced, with your fiancee passing away.
What I wanted to bring up is this- certain Native American tribes, and many people who have studied near-death & paranormal experiences, have a theory or belief system about what could be causing your problems.

When one experiences a head injury and/or near-death experience, the theory goes that they have "one foot in this world, and one foot in the next (or other) world". Previously, you were grounded in the mundane human world, as most people are. That is to say, things of the level where ghosts, spirits, etc. Possibly reside, previously hidden from your physical view, can now be seen. (Your injury may or not have been the cause, though.) It is like lifting a veil from one's face.

People debate whether this is "real" (though it is to the person going through it, regardless) or if it is because of a change in the brain. Even if there is not brain damage, it's nothing that can be detected on a CT scan or MRI (they're just not that sensitive, at this time), the possibility remains that your brain's left lobe or chemistry was changed forever. This is also the very likely reason some people are far more prone to occasional or frequent religious experiences, visions & hearing what they believe to be the voice of their god or savior. I say this not to demean anyone's belief system, but to advise that it's a sensitivity not all possess. Again, it's unknown if these people really are able to tap into "another world" or if it something that can be considered a problem in the brain. Some people enjoy this capability & some find it frightening, unnerving or just annoying.

This is not to suggest true mental illness is going on. It is simply the way the brain's wired for certain people- usually after an accident or some other trauma, but some people are born that way, as well. There is, at this time, no surgery that is legal to stop such visions or brain issues. Electrical stimulation to the brain, certain gases such as carbon monoxide, chemicals like paint fumes & drugs both recreational & pharmaceutical can aggravate the symptoms. It is important to make sure you are living & working in well-ventilated spaces with grounded electrical wiring (very high electromagnetic frequencies worsen visions & paranoia severely), are drinking pure water & are closely monitored on any medications you may take (OTC included).

These visions can come & go in one's life, too. Some people have them (or something similar) in childhood or adolescence, only for them to disappear for long periods & reappear later. Again, there's no way of knowing if it is truly internal or external in cause. You're not alone. The visions may go away entirely or they may change in form. I will say that if you start to feel something malevolent or people remark on a really negative change in your personality, that does need to be watched out for. If you ever feel threatened or that these beings you see are taking any control over your life, you need to immediately seek out the care of a doctor, and any support system you can mentally & emotionally.

The worst possible thing would be to isolate yourself, think that you're powerless, or be in a position of fear. I really hope that you feel better & that all is resolved as it should be.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
after reading your response below
I suggest you not go into a mental institute. I believe those places to be/have been housing many folks who have real paranormal experience... Who have gone to medical help, and placed inside, only to get worse... Or really go insane. Try some other methods, new age ideas... There are so many out there, spiritual remedies and such, that can work... A jar of olives worked for one guy, he was about to go crazy, and found a simple solution... You can to.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Ok listen. I mentioned before, I read a book by Jason Hawes, founder of the paranormal group Taps... In his book, he explains that he became interested in doing an exercise that involved meditation... I can't think of the exact name of this exercise, but a girlfriend of his had turned him on to it. After about 9 mos, he started seeing things. He explained them to be, like an energy that would take diff shapes and manifest into human form. He was seeing them everywhere, and often. He became very freightened, as anyone would, and started going to group therapy, with no relief from his visions. While at an aquarium, a woman approached him, a stranger, and told him to start eating olives. He questioned her, and she said, "I know you are seeing things, start eating olives during the course of each day, and the visions will fade." So, out of desperation, he tried. He ate a jar of olives, through the course of his day, and he stopped seeing these "creatures" (visions) He said he once stopped eating them, and the sightings started up again... So he went back to the olives. Now, this I truely read, and I believe him, as he seems very sincere. It is a mystery to him, this woman that approached him, but I believe that it could have been a woman from one of his group sessions, that remembered him... At least that makes sense to me.
I thought it important to mention all this to you Jack, as I believe what your seeing is real... And prob not a hallucination. If you don't believe me, check out his book, or maybe do some research online... Something has to pop up about this, and it is worth trying, if somehthing as simple and common as eating a jar of olives a day... Just could return your sanity.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
I have to agree that this thing is just watching you. No matter how scary something appears to us it could be the norm where he comes from. Maybe he is a catch in his world. LOL. I think that he may come to you in your time of need or he just got fascinated with the fact you were able to see him so he decided to stick around. As long as he doesn't harm you then he is ok in my opinion.
Jack_F84 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
I'd have to say I agree with you more than my therapist, Angel. My therapist insists that it is purely psychological due to the fact that they appeared after the death of my fiancee. Now that I have lost about 43 pounds and have not slept for awhile my therapist is now suggesting I stay at a mental facility to get properly checked out, as she said this morning. I thank you for shedding some light on this subject, Angel and hope to speak with you in the future.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Firstly, I would like to say that I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you were able to move on with your life, but it is a very terrible thing to lose someone you love.

There is something terrifyingly surreal about your description of the No-face entity. I have heard others talk about this kind of creature before. I know everyone is going to jump all over the Ouija board as the point of blame, and under normal circumstances, I would too... But I don't think that that is necessarily what has caused you to see this thing.

Actually, I think it was your accident.

I think the fall did something to you. Skull injuries are very serious, as I'm sure you know, and any number of things could have happened. Your brain could have hemhorraged, you could have had a permanent loss of vision or hearing, you could have died in any number of ways... Including the kickback of your brain bouncing against your skull, known as "contracoup".

I have heard some pretty trippy stories of people seeing and hearing some amazing/terrifying things after suffering head injuries, and I don't think it's psychological. I think somehow it jars a part of you open that is normally closed, and quite possibly because you were very close to dying due to your accident, that may be what opened you up to seeing this thing.

Where it has come from? I have no idea, it might have been the Ouija board drawing it to you for all I know. I think what you have seen is whatever type of entity is supposed to be there when someone dies. A "reaper" type figure, if you will. I think it was fascinated with you and visited you that one time because you were NOT dead and you were able to see it.

I don't see this being as a malicious entity... I think it's just a "watcher" type, on the same level as the Thin Man and Shadow People. The fact that you saw it again (during? After?) your fiance's accident reinforces my theory.

Anyway...please feel free to email me if you would like to discuss this more in depth, as if I haven't already told you a story 😆. Thanks for sharing.

This comment from erin19 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

lynrinth (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Ouija board. *sigh* Why oh why do people keep playing with these things. Because you were open to using one that night, you 'opened' yourself up. Meaning, you were willing to 'believe' something would happen. Well, it did. It could be from your accident, like you said. But, using the board, opened a whole lot more. To lower entities. Meaning, sounds like you have a demon following you. And it is stressing you out, feeding off of your fear. You must try to stay calm and stay strong. Easier said than done. Also, it is documented that following accidents, sometimes people will seem to start seeing things they never did before. They have experiences that aren't exactly normal. But this thing knows you aware are of it, be especially cautious. You could tell it to go in Christ's name, if you believe; pray, or try to ignore it. Isn't there someone you know that can help you? Anyone who might believe in this stuff with some knowledge? I know you came here for help. There will people who can give more helplful advice than me here. Good luck and try to be strong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: