You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Shadowy Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadowy Figure

 

If you live in Kent, you'll know that this weekend was a particularly warm one (19-20th March). This information is important for my story by the way.

Anyway, connecting to the side of my house is a garage where my dad keeps all his work tools, two exercise machines, a tumble dryer and an American style fridge. Along the left side are all these things and the rest are full with cupboards. There's no way someone can stand with their back to the wall because there's simply too much stuff in the way.

Opposite these things is the door leading into my house and to the right of these things is a door leading to my decking area.

As I said, the weekend was pleasant and so I was sitting outside with my mum on our swing seat which is on the decking. I felt really warm outside and so I wanted to get a drink. I went through the door leading into the garage and up to the fridge to get some orange juice out. There was definitely no one in the garage with me. As I closed the fridge and turned towards the door leading to my house, I saw the figure of what seemed to be the shadow of a tall person. I couldn't make out and legs, but the head and shoulders and body were clear. I turned around quickly but no one was there!

I thought it was my own shadow, but then realized that that would be impossible as the garage has tinted windows. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by Emm_xoxo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Emm_xoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Hi, Emma.
The fact that the windows were tinted would not necessarily rule out a natural shadow. Were you able to locate your shadow after this occurrence to make sure it was not yours? You were obviously able to see where you were walking without turning on a light, so whether there was light penetrating the tinted glass or from one of the doorways, there was some form of light to see by, correct?
I guess if it were me, I would wait until approximately that time of day again, and see if I could recreate it; also, I would try to remember whether it is a time of day when someone could have walked past the garage on the outside, like a neighbor, mail carrier, paperboy, etc.
If it indeed was a paranormal occurrence, I personally do not believe that every shadow person is negative or evil... They just don't have the energy to manifest fully, or were trying to conceal themselves and did not want you to notice them.

Lou
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
I've had similar experiences before. I wouldn't go as far as to necessarily say shadow people are bad because the ones I have experienced showed no evidence to prove they were bad. Did it scare you that there was a shadow person? Or make you feel uneasy about it or anything like that? If so you could try to tell it to leave and then pray about it (depending on your religious beliefs). Have you had any other similar experiences?

Peace
JustCurious
ChaosWarden (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Yes, I had similar experiences before. I always saw shadow figures in my room. Sometimes I saw something corner of my eyes every night.
I don't like them because I am always scared but I haven't seen them in night if I said "Please go away, let me sleep, you're presence disturbing me" (felt like someone watching me and I always got scared if I saw figures) and I never saw shadow figure in that night. They are not gone, I always see someone watching me every night before bedtime:) But I am not scared anymore. Like Lilady 4 said pray to Angels and keep negative entities out of your house and away from you.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Yes, I have had a similar experience. Shadow people are not good to be around, and I can have one or more around me, usually if I'm feeling scared or depressed. It only happens when I'm alone. I HATE Shadow people. The more paranoid or sad/depressed/scared you get, the more you will be able to see them. They feed off negative energy, so be careful. I got to a point where a Shadow person fed off my negative energy (my Husband was away for a week, and I'm not good at being on my own) and got me so depressed, I was suicidal. You can pray to God for Protection and to keep negative entities out of your house and away from you. Pray to the Angels as well.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: