You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: In Bad Company

Real Ghost Stories

In Bad Company

 

Iwanted to give you all a bit of info about myself before I get into my most recent experience. I grew up in a very spiritual family. My mom has had experiences for as long as I can remember. I recall her complaining about someone sitting beside her in bed on more than one occasion, whispering in her ear, calling her name, hearing footsteps in the kitchen. She hated sleeping with the door closed. I finally understand the reason.

My mother told me that as a child I could see ghosts/spirits before I could form words. I don't remember any of it but I would supposedly stare into the hallway and begin to giggle. If you took me into the hallway I would point at what was making me laugh but a door is barely something to laugh at.

As I got older I began to block it out. Mainly because of this creepy dream I had when I was about 11 years old. I saw a dark woman in a zebra print skirt, white top, and her head was wrapped in a white cloth. As she walked by my room and into the bathroom, she paused and sunk (bent at the knees), and just stared at me. Out of nowhere a man appeared and told me to ignore her and act as if she wasn't even there. As soon as I did that she went into the bathroom and I woke with a start, drenched in sweat and goose bumps all over.

Eighteen years have gone by and I find myself unable to ignore what I see or hear now that it's getting physical. I can hear and feel them at work during the overnight shift but that is another story for another day which brings me to my most recent encounter.

Thursday 10, 2011 6:00 PM

I dreamt I was in the apartment I grew up in as a kid. My older brother was there with me and we were discussing the news. A girl in her teens had been found alive in the trunk of a white car but she looked terrified. Granted, she was in the trunk of a car for who knows how long but when she emerged it was as if something had been in there with her. That was the feeling I got. In the dream, my brother asked, "What could have made her so scared?" I replied, "It's as if she saw death." My brother stood up and walks towards the bathroom and as I watched him walk away, a hand swiftly grasped me by my neck on my left hand side... (Getting goose bumps where it touched me right now). I went into sensory overload. It felt as if my breathing came to an abrupt halt, my muscles tensed up, I got chills up and down my neck. It proceeded to pin my head down to the floor and I remember seeing its stubby little feet. I looked to my brother for help but he had no clue of what was going on, he just kept walking. When I went to call out his name I called for my mom instead but it was muffled and as I became aware of my surroundings I found I was calling for her outside of my dream.

I woke up at around 9:00 PM and looked around the room. I touched my neck where it grabbed me and it was really sensitive. I don't know how to describe the feeling it left me with. Just imagine that chill you get when you sense something is near except it doesn't go away. The chill stays with you and to touch that very spot causes it to spread throughout your entire body. Kind of like the epicentre of an earthquake. Not even a minute after, my brother walks into my room, creepy or what? Just a second ago I needed his help and there he was walking away from me in the dream only to walk through my door. I hadn't made that connection until yesterday. When I asked what made him check on me, he told me he just had an urge to look in on me. Coincidence, maybe so but I think something or someone put him in the right place at the right time.

I immediately ran a search on Google and stumbled upon this site and I was surprised to see all of your stories. I thought I was alone in all this and to be honest I thought I was going off the deep end. Now all of my suppressed experiences were coming back to me, but the night was far from over. The more I read the more frightened I became so I got to drinking. I have heard that alcohol lowers your defences but it was already too late to take it back. It would occur five more times before the night was done.

Friday 11, 2011 3:00 AM - 5:30 AM

I passed out! I was awoken by a very familiar feeling... Losing all feeling in my body. I couldn't move at all and I was afraid to open my eyes in case I caught a glimpse of what was behind it. I remember feeling a surge of current inside of me. I remembered seeing a couple of people suggest prayer on here, so I tried it and almost immediately I was able to move again. Now a part of me became curious since a couple of months back I wrote this off as sleep paralysis. This time I wanted it to happen. I wanted to find out a couple of things for myself. I wanted to prove to myself that this was more than just being in a state of R.E.M.

Whenever it occurred I was always on my back so I turned on my stomach. Slowly but surely the feeling came over me again a little stronger this time. It felt like a struggle taking place, it felt like being violently thrashed around. Again, I didn't want to open my eyes. When I could finally move, my right wrist was bent in an awkward position and in a lot of pain. I have a metal plate in there from a motorcycle accident. I turned on my side with my back towards the wall. Now I noticed before feeling paralyzed my feet going cold. Soon it crept up my entire body but it wasn't as strong. It felt as if someone or something was climbing into bed with me from where the cold chill originated. I thought to myself let's see what happens now. I suddenly felt something massaging my upper leg and inner thigh, and then it moved towards my buttock. Then I felt it humping on me! I began thinking no, no, no! It stopped once I got my toe to move but I didn't have to fight it. To my surprise I had a wedgie. I sleep with boxers loose pyjama pants. I didn't even toss and turn.

I turned on the other side so that I was facing the wall this time. Now it was happening while I was still conscious. I felt my head go cold, then my neck and so on. I couldn't move again and that familiar current was back as strong as before which made it harder to move. The longer I did nothing, the stronger it got. It felt like being thrown around again but this time the bed began to shake causing me to shake harder. I felt myself being pushed towards the edge and then felt myself fall. I expected to open my eyes and find myself sprawled on the floor but to my surprise I was in bed.

The final time I was lying on my back again. I was trying to stay awake so I kept talking to myself in hopes that I wouldn't doze off. All of a sudden, my left foot began going cold so I shook it almost immediately. It stopped but then it crept up again and this time I couldn't shake it off. I opened my eyes and my left was a couple inches off the bed. I saw it go up and down once or twice and the next thing I know I was slowly sliding towards the edge of the bed. The surge through my body didn't feel as strong so I was able to regain mobility pretty quick and I shimmied away from the edge. I called it quits after that and just stayed up the remainder of the day.

I told my brother about what had happened to me later that day. He was getting goose bumps all over as did my mom when I told her. I'm pretty convinced this is more than just sleep paralysis. I have never given in completely to religion and for a while I questioned if there was a god. 50/50 you could say until I managed to convince myself that there wasn't but there has always been a part of me that would tell me that I was wrong. Even with everything that has happened to me until now I still doubted. I took a leap of faith and the prayer worked really quickly. I felt it giving me strength to overcome what was holding me down.

So I had a sit down with my brother and he gave me his bible to read so that I can make my connection with God. Someone had intervened and gave my brother an urge to come look in on me and I have no doubt who had a hand in that now.

Other hauntings by LucidDreamer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LucidDreamer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LucidDreamer (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
Okay I trimmed the video and converted the audio and uploaded it to soundcloud. Here's the link:

Http://soundcloud.com/user6232990/whisper/s-5r5PJ

The sounds you hear prior to the whisper is me turning over from my stomach onto my back.
Rashidah (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
Can you post the EVP here?

Whispers are coming during sleep paralyses and O.B.Es

I remembered when I first heard them. I nearly jumped out of the bed 😆
LucidDreamer (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Please don't jinx me Chosen_One101. 😆

Thanks for the input everyone. It has been pretty helpful in understanding what I've been experiencing. It's still a bit confusing at times but at least I am not in the dark completely.

As of late I haven't experienced any sleep paralysis or strange, out of the ordinary dreams. I did buy a webcam to attempt and record my sleep paralysis but no luck. I did however, catch something that sounded like a whisper. I played it for my older brother and he was speechless. My younger brother just walked out of the room. 😆
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
That's a very nice story lad. You could probably sell it to a Christian Fiction magazine.
Chosen_One101 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
that is super scary I never had any of that happen to me like sleep paralysis. I feel so sorry for you. Whatever happens next I hope it is not anything worse than that.
Rashidah (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
I have to echo the others here. You are having spontaneous astral projection and sleep paralyses.

During sleep paralyses; you do have sensations like heaviness/weights on your face, stomach, hands and so on.
Spiritual beings are also able to get into contact with you better during sleep paralyses and astral projection. Your senses are heightened more.
LucidDreamer (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
I've woken up once or twice gasping for air from what I can remember. One of those times being around the time I first began experiencing the paralysis.

I have a couple of interesting dreams that tend to revolve around spirits of loved ones and/or evil entities. I know what it's like to touch or be touched by whoever appears when my subconscious is in control but I react differently when it's something that doesn't belong there. I just realized that whenever my dreams take that right turn at Albuquerque, I wake up paralyzed. When I dream about loved ones, I feel a warm current inside of me while we talk. When it's something evil, my breathing comes to almost a complete stop, I tense up and feel that I can't move, mind you I'm still dreaming; and when I open my eyes I'm paralyzed.

Here is an interesting one. This was about a week later after I posted my story. Until recently I never got along with my mom so it wasn't the first time I have a dream about us fighting. Every time I would attempt to reach out to her I would have that dream that always ended in an argument. Little did I know this one would be different. To make a long story short, we were about to get into a heated argument when out of nowhere I yelled, "You are not going to trick me! Get the hell out of here!" She just stood there staring at me, the lights flickered, and then everything went dark. I got chills and woke up to find myself paralyzed. I was on my stomach this time and felt something heavy on my back. I prayed to God and it was gone within seconds.

It seems that my dreams and my paralysis go hand in hand. It's never after I have a normal dream. It always comes around when I get goosebumps or a bad feeling something is with me.

I will definitely be looking into OBE. I told my dad about waking up paralyzed a few years ago and he said to embrace the feeling. He had a co-worker who could do it too. I tried it and it felt like I shot right out of my body. I even saw myself leave the planet but I convinced myself that wasn't real. It really did feel like flying at high speeds, as if I was yanked. I haven't told him of my recent experiences because he is freaked out enough as it is. He says his mother in law appeared to him and told him to let her rest in peace. He would always compare his wife to her. Now the lights downstairs are always on until he decides to go to bed.

Back then it only felt like there were weights on my hands or feet and sometimes my head. The sensations of being touched started up in the story above. What got me searching and ultimately landed me here was the sensation of someone sitting by my face or climbing in bed behind me.

I'll keep you guys posted on anything new.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
LucidDreamer,
There's still the OBE theory to consider here. You've got the symptoms, most people have to work on it for a while before achieving what you've done by accident.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
Hey LucidDreamer,

I remember moments when waking up and gasping for air, I don't know if that's the same thing as you did go through though... Those dreams you had soundet very interesting to me. And your history with ghosts to.
Praying before you go to sleep and after you've slept is an advice I can give you.
Thanks for sharing,
Greetings:
Peter
LucidDreamer (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
I just wanted to say thanks to all who posted feedback. I'm still in the process of trying to debunk this phenomena so I'm taking everything into consideration.

I have watched two documentaries on the matter and frankly, the scientific experts don't sound too convincing.

I kept a cool head while it was happening, as not to influence it directly. I tried sleeping on my stomach and my sides with the same results. I don't think my sleeping position has a part to play but I will try slightly elevating my body.

A part me of thinks there's something else behind all of it and the other says there's an explanation for it. I will be honest and say supernatural phenomena is up by one.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
I agree with the previous posters it is a combination of S/P and OBE... Our sub conscious can create the experiences you'd previously explained... I do believe you are the type of person that can have psychic experiences and have had earlier in your life... But just be careful not to let these types of experiences intensify your feelings in a negative way... Cause the more you fear them it gives your sub conscious more power over you and that's not a scenario you want... If the power of prayer works that good, but if it continues there are other things you can do to help stop them all together... Good luck and keep us posted...

Daz
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
I have to agree with Javelina. You're saying that you're certain this isn't Sleep Paralysis but here are the facts:

- Coldness
- Paralysis
- Numb or tingling sensations
- The feeling of falling
- Heightened and confused sensory perception

These are ALL symptoms of Sleep Paralysis. The fact that you prayed and it stopped is no coincidence - when you pray, your attention is focused on praying and not on what's happening to you. Gradually you calm down and become aware of your surroundings, which is what causes your body to relax.

If you want any suggestions here, try sleeping at a slightly elevated position and not on your back. Ensure that you are partaking in a healthy diet, get at least 30 minutes of strenuous exercise a day, and try to eliminate as many stresses from your life as possible.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
LucidDreamer,
From your choice of screen name I'm assuming you must know at least a little bit about what was going on in these experiences. You do know about OBE's, right? Out of Body Experiences are what it sounds like you are describing here. There are different names and qualities to each type of these experiences.
Astral Projection
Hypnagogia
Out-of-body experience
Sleep paralysis
You can google any of those and come up with lots of information on the subject. But myself? I say OBE.
babyjesus (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Hola! Sorry this is happening to you. I never went through what you are going through. When I was about 10 years old, I did have sleep paralysis but when I could finally move I would get up and be so scared. So one time I had my brother watch me as I laid in bed I told him if you even see me make a face wake me up I don't care if my eyes are open. So he watched me as I laid in bed and next thing I know I was scared I could hear something like whispering to me in a creepy voice, but I couldn't move... Then I feel my brother shake me.
He said that he was hiding under the covers just looking at me, my eyes were open but I didn't blink at all, he said my cheek went up like if someone pushed it up like a hand. He said it was weird. Once he saw my eyes get bigger he woke me up... After that he was scared and we never slept in that room again.
So you might want to try that have your brother watch you to keep an eye on you and tell him to wake you up if you make a move... Any kind of move.
Best to you Amigo...
He said that he was hiding under the covers just looking at me, my eyes were open but I didn't blink at all, he said my cheack went up like if someone pushed it up like a hand. He said it was weird. Once he saw my eyes get bigger he woke me up... After that he was scared and we never slept in that room again.
So you might want to try that have your brother watch you to keep an eye on you and tell him to wake you up if you make a move... Any kind of move.
Best to you Amigo...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: