You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: A Ghost Story, Second To None

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost Story, Second To None

 

These are the paranormal occurrences that we encountered at The Old Fire & Police Museum in Sheffield, Yorkshire, England.

How the spirits came out to entertain, at the spooky Sheffield Fire & Police Museum. As the staff at the museum showed us around the building, none of us could anticipate the ensemble of ghostly entities that would excite us all with the level of paranormal activity we experienced.

In one vigil a group of ghost hunters were using a Frank's box, when they asked for the scanner to stop on 999, as they felt it appropriate considering their surroundings. The spirits of this building that is said to be rich in spectral shenanigans duly obliged, (a photo of the Franks box displaying 999 is on the photo gallery of the Simply Ghost Nights web site), not only once but twice this occurred to our startled and stunned ghost hunters.

999

Another paranormal phenomena occurred with the Franks box, when one of our intrepid ghost hunters said that she was going to sit down, the song by the band James, 'Sit down next to me', was heard from this ever more startling piece of ghost hunting equipment.

A full bodied apparition was seen walking at the bottom of the stairs, and when our ghost hunters went to investigate if it was a fellow ghost hunter, in the passing seconds when they arrived at the stairs there was no one in the vicinity what so ever.

A number of our ghost hunters stated at the beginning of the evening that they were indeed sceptics, after some paranormal activity of table tipping, a number of them claiming to have been touched by unseen hands and in one instance one ghost hunter claimed to have had her hair tugged, and as well K2 meter spikes on request, they all then exclaimed that they were now convinced of an afterlife.

Disembodied voices were heard in the cellars, and the upper floor too, table tipping and glass divination was experienced in the majority of vigils also, K2 spikes were witnessed on request in the cells after Ian one of the ghost hunters called out for them.

Peter said that he was speechless when the table tipped towards him on request, when conducting a group experiment of table tipping. The movement of dark shadows was also noticeable in upper floor, in the bedroom area.

The spirit of George made contact with one group whilst holding a glass divination experiment and the ghostly communication from a Polish gentleman was also made through glass divination. Strange lights were said to emanate from the cell area, but on closer investigation, no logical explanation could be found, as what caused this light phenomena in the atmospheric cells.

All in all it was an exciting night for everyone, my aim is to bring as much information regarding paranormal activity and the spirit world into the public domain, and I hope you enjoy reading this article.

Kind regards Stu

Other hauntings by Simplyghostnights

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simplyghostnights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Simplyghostnights (27 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
Hi guys

Thanks for the positive comments, really appreciate them. That little Franks box does produce some debatable eveidence. Originally I thought the white noise theory was so so, but now I'm totally won over by it.

Thanks again.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Stu...That was really interesting and I'm surprised that not many have commented... You know what struck a nerve with me was the part about a song playing... I have had that happen so many times it can't be a co incident... So good to learn that spirits do send messages via music... Good stuff keep it coming...

Daz
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
Stu - I enjoy reading your stories and learning of the different methods you and your team have of investigating suspected haunted locations.

Keep them coming 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: