You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandma, My Angel

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandma, My Angel

 

My grandma was a kind woman with a kind heart. We were very close and when she was diagnosed with cancer in September of 2010, I tried so hard to be with her every second that I could. She fought very hard but ended up passing away in October of 2011. On the day she passed I was sitting in class when something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. I turned to see her standing there, smiling at me. At first I thought I was just seeing things, this apparition couldn't possibly be my grandmother, she was at home, in her bed, sleeping... It wasn't thirty minutes later that I got the call that changed my life forever.

Two months had passed before I saw my grandma again. And by then, I knew I wasn't just seeing things. It was Christmas Day, and I was getting ready to go to my cousin's house for Christmas dinner, when I saw her, my beautiful angel standing in the corner of the room. But, when I walked toward her, she disappeared. I smiled, happy that I had seen her again.

I was trying everything I possibly could to get my grandma to come back to see me. I would say call out "Grandma?" when I was alone. She never came to see me until one evening we were having my birthday party. I was a little upset, because I missed my grandma and all I wanted for my birthday was to be able to see her. I was standing by the bathroom door, upset, when I looked up and saw her. She smiled at me, and for a split second I got my birthday wish. She disappeared and I haven't seen her since, but I know she's still here.

Other hauntings by Chica22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chica22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Flower_ (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
I notice that earlier you said you'll spend as much time with her and maybe when she passed away she didn't wanted to see you upset, so every chance like your birthday she went to go see you and remember she'll always be there for you, looking after you.

Flower ❤
steffi_sees_them (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
I hope I have the same occurrance as you with your grandmother. I haven't seen any of my relatives yet, but my grandmother is 93, and we don't know how long she has left, but I want to see her like you do.
ZiShu (281 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
It is nice she visits you. I am not sure if you are calling her an Angel because of her kindness to you, or because you think she is a real Angel. By no means does a lost soul visiting their relative makes them an Angel. They are completely different beings.
It is possible she is given visitation rights by God. So she is allowed to see you at certain times whenever she needs you because of a special prayer you must of requested from your heart.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Thank you for sharing and yes you are really lucky, good for you mate what a sweet story! 😁
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
Thanks everyone! I am really, really lucky to be able to see her! 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
how sweet, thanks for adding 😊
It sounds like your grandma is visiting when you "feel" the need to see her the most, speical times of the year when we think of our loved ones the most. Birthdays, christmas blah blah...
Keep an eye out on her birthday, it might not be a full body visit, could just be a speical song, a smell or something totally random that says "grandma" in your mind, it will be her telling you she is there and always will be.
Carl
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
Oh how lucky you are! To actualy see your granny, and to know she is okay. Your granny is at piece, I can tell. I'm sure she is coming from heaven to visit you sometimes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: