You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Villisca Axe Murder House Tour

Real Ghost Stories

Villisca Axe Murder House Tour

 

My family and I went to the Villisca Axe Murder House in Villisca, Iowa this past weekend. It's a small house, quiet but creepy.

It's very sad what happened in the house. Eight people, two adults and six children (two of them being friends with the daughter) were brutally murdered, hit with an axe, in the house. When you walk in you can just feel the sadness. The tour starts in the town museum, then the cemetery where you see where the family and there two overnight guests were buried, and then you finally go to the house.

When we walked in I immediately felt sad. The tour guide took us into the living room and told us the terrible story. The killer supposedly hid in the attic until the family went to sleep that night.

When the tour guide was talking I saw a shadow that looked like a woman standing in the kitchen looking at us. Before the tour guide left he told us we could look around by ourselves. My mom's boyfriend, Jeff, went outside to look at something and a few minutes after he did we started hearing footsteps upstairs; I also heard what sounded like a lady moaning. My younger sister ran out of the house and a few seconds later she came back in with Jeff and he asked what happened. We told him so we decided to go upstairs to check it out. While up there we went into the children's room. We stayed in there for a few minutes and nothing happened. My mom and Jeff decided to go into the attic where the killer supposedly hid. My sisters ran down the stairs and out the back door because they didn't want to be in there anymore.

We were in the attic and I started hearing children whispering, it sounded like a little girl and a little boy. My mom looked at me and asked what was wrong, I told her and so we went back into the children's room. I started asking questions like what their names were and a little boy told me his name was Paul. I heard that the children like to play with toy balls so my mom got a big pink one and started rolling it, Paul wouldn't roll it back so we thought that maybe because it was pink and he was a little boy he didn't like it. My mom went back into the attic to try to find another one when all of a sudden a blue and pink ball rolled out from under one of the beds! She came back into the room and she stared at it, I picked it up and rolled it to her. She rolled it into one of the corners, Paul rolled it over to my feet and then I rolled it back to my mom. Paul rolled the pink ball back to my feet where the blue and pink one was. I rolled the blue and pink one back to my mom and the pink one went into the middle of the room. Jeff tried to see if maybe the floors were curved and that was what was making it roll. He jumped and the pink ball would not move. By then, Paul had gotten tired of playing so we left the house.

It is extremely sad what happened there, and I hope to come back soon! There's something in that house, both good and evil.

Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by Chica22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chica22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nightsky424 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
bad tragedy evil person with no morals did this deed. I beleave there are spirits trapped when something as bad as this crime was exspecially since the crime wasn't solved. Unfortunately it will probally never be solved and they will not be able to ever rest in peace.
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Imprisoned_Butterfly: I never heard of the island of dolls... Sounds kind of creepy. I'm afraid of dolls... 😊

Maneater12: Yeah, I saw that on the episode. It gave me goose bumps.

Caitlynann4: Yes, I agree.
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Imprisoned_Butterfly:
The had suspects but they never found the killer.
Imprisoned_Butterfly (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
I know it may be an off-topic...but have you guys heard about the island of the dolls? It was also on the Ghost Adventure show about the kids drowning in the river or something like that...

I want to know if anyone here visit the island of the dolls? I'm extremely interested in it.:3

Chica, did they ever find the killer who killed the family and two innocent kids? Because most of the sources claimed to have two people who did cruel thing to them instead of one person so I am wondering if anyone have find the real truth about the person who committed the crime?

What disturbed me is that some guy actually took the father's piece of skull with him when the police told the people to back off during the investigation. I mean, really! Who would want to keep that? :|
caitlynann4 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
i saw this house on ghost adventures! It was creepy but kind of cool 😆
maneater12 (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
i also heard on that ghost adventures that they caught a evp when they asked what was you name they got the name paul 😁
maneater12 (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
ghost adventures I love that show I'm following zak bagens on twitter
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
cosmogal926: thank you, that episode was really scary...
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
Chica22, I have seen a couple of documentaries on the Villisca Axe Murder house. The story is very sad and tragic. Recentely Ghost Adventures did a lock down there, and they caught an evp from a man that said: "I killed six kids" it was the creepiest thing. Here is the link if you want to check out the episode on you tube. It's in 3 parts. Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekn0dFUE0qU

Thanks for sharing your experience. If I am ever in Iowa I am definitely going to take the tour.
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
Imprisoned_Butterfly:
Yeah, I found that creepy as well. I did read a story about it.
suni (1 stories) (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
Just an FYI: They plant divices in that house to make noices and what not. Everything you experience there is an illusion. I have a friend I met when I lived in Chicago who used to date a tour guide.
Imprisoned_Butterfly (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
I am curious. Have you read a story about the event before you visit the actual axe murder house?

I just researched about the murder and there was a little boy at age 5 named Paul... Being an unfortunate victim of the ax murderer... Along with the children and two adults. Creepy! O.O

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: