First, I just want to say that ever since I can remember, every time I read, talk, hear, or see any kind of ghost story my eyes water. Like when you yawn. Only worse. Like I'm starting to cry. Only not that bad. Don't know if anyone knows what that's about or not. Maybe you can tell me.
Anyway, my wife, daughter, and I moved into our house back in September. We kept our other as a rental (tell you that for a reason), but needed something bigger.
From the minute we moved in our dog was uncomfortable. Always by either me or my wife's side. Shaking a lot if not most of the time.
I figured it would pass and she'd get comfortable as time passed. But that never happened. She seemed to always be on the alert. Sometimes we couldn't even break her attention.
That was our first tip something was going on in this house. And slowly we started seeing and hearing strange things.
- Laying on the couch early one morning I heard what sounded like a small rock fall on the kitchen floor.
- Numerous times we've been in bed and heard doors shut. Often waking my wife or me up.
- Cabinet doors slamming shut.
- One night I had a shirt in front of our bedroom door when we went to bed. Next morning it was in front of our daughter's room.
- Getting out of bed one morning I heard a voice say something. My wife asked me what I said. She heard it also.
- I'm at work and my wife and daughter are in the shower. She heard my voice say "Hey honey". My daughter said "Daddy'" right after. Also hearing it.
- Our daughter has a plastic easel/desk with a bench/stool. We had it on the desk in her playroom/our office. It as there for a month. Wife in bed. Daughter in living room watching TV. I'm making coffee and the bench/stool thing somehow comes off the desk crashing to the floor.
- One night there was a middle aged man at the door to our bedroom. Looked like he was from the 20's or 30's by his outfit. Typical re-focus and he's gone.
- Just last night I'm playing with my daughter in the living room and her play-doh containers just fall off the kitchen counter.
- Tried to open the door to the garage and it felt as if someone was trying to prevent me from turning the doorknob. A weak someone. Like a kid.
- I came home the other day to an empty house. Was in and out a couple times bringing stuff in. Was downstairs taking off my shoes when I heard someone talking. The radio in our bedroom had just come on.
- My wife had knee surgery 3 weeks ago so she was sleeping downstairs on the couch since it is easier to elevate her leg there. Well she woke up when she heard cabinet doors opening and closing. Then footsteps on the kitchen floor coming toward her. She covered herself with the blanket. After about 90 seconds she said the temperature under the blanket went from like 80 to 40.
- I took my daughter to the babysitter one morning. We walked out the front door and I specifically remember locking and pulling it shut. My wife called me about a half hour later. As she was getting in the shower she heard the front door open. You can see the front door from the upstairs hall just outside our bedroom door. So after seeing it open she turns to go down the steps and it shuts on its own. She went downstairs and it was locked. Just the way I left it.
Now that's everything I can think of off the top of my head that has happened here since we moved in.
We got rid of our dog as she just wasn't the same. Eventually biting me when she showed zero signs of aggression prior to the move.
But what's crazy about all of this is that the guy that's renting our other house is into this ghost stuff big time. He and his best friend have been "ghost hunting", if you will, for a few years.
So I got him to come over. He scanned the place inside and out. He was telling us that his brother is a priest. If our ghost is demonic he can get him up here and try to get rid of it.
Anyway, he set up his recorder then pulled out his PX Device.
Ten minutes after he turned that thing on it was talking.
"Scott" (my renter's name)
"15 year old boy"
The were some other things I can't remember and a bunch of stuff we couldn't understand.
But he listened to the recording the other day. Said he heard two different EVP's on it. He said they sounded like a boy and a girl. And assuming there's the man ghost that was at our bedroom door, which makes 3 ghosts.
That's all I have for now. I look forward to comments and/or questions. And I will post more as they come in.