You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Boy By The Wood Pile

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Boy By The Wood Pile

 

This happened to me for a while.

While attending to my farm during the night or near night, I walked by my woodpile and saw something strange, a boy no older than 10-12 years of age. He wore early 1900's style clothing, and he had something remarkably wrong. He was hurt. At first I didn't notice his clothes, only the wound that came around his right eye. I ran at him hoping to help the boy but he disappeared when I came close. The next time I looked at him for the longest time. Looking for different things. But never finding anything new. Then I tried talking to him. He would never talk back. He would just look curiously at me.

One night I got a different reaction. He opened his mouth to talk but lowered his head and vanished. I would do this constantly and then finally he stopped appearing. I wish I knew who he was and why he had the wound, and why he only appeared by the wood pile.

The thing is the road I live on used to be a mine railroad. Was the boy part of the rail road or what? Murdered and left there by the workers? Or was it an accident?

I think his soul came to rest by the prayers I have been offering him. Other strange things have happened here but I guess those tales are for another time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CSAofficer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Sounds like he died in a freak woodchopping accident, poor baby. Tom Brown Jr., in one of his books, describes a similar incident, near an old abandoned cabin, talking to a wounded youth's spirit, who died of injuries from falling off the roof or chopping wood, can't remember, exactly.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
-smiles- that's wonderful to hear he rests peacefully now. When a spirit can be laid to rest by good wishes and hope it is a truely wonderfull thing

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
CSAofficer (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-03)
Thanks blue_raven80. And the ghost ghost person... What? 😕 I'm confused...
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-03)
CSAofficer,

<I think his soul came to rest by the prayers I have been offering him.> It was so kind of you to pray for the young boy. I think we will never know what happened but at least he is now at peace. It could be an accident.

lilmamaooohgurr (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
I'm a ghost spirit grave scary ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost
CSAofficer (1 stories) (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
Elaina28- I will not look at any spam. Plus I never said I knew who the boy is. I don't know who the boy is. Plus zzsgranny thank you for haveing sense! Spaming on a ghost story website is stupid!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
Elaina28: C'mon...Please stop the spamming... There is a way to post your web address in your PROFILE so as not to clog threads with your ads... Please read the "Comments Guidelines" at the bottom of the page...
CSAofficer (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
Kec92- Thank you! I'm very glad you enjoyed my story.

Taz890- I have not found any answers to this. I don't think I can update this for a while...

Petersspirit- At first I was not scared. I thought he was real. But no he was a ghost.

-CSAofficer
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
Hmmm intersting, I once heard that childern are most likely to come back as ghosts because they died so young, and most childern deaths either being natrual, accedently, or on purpose usual seemed to be a traged because they died so young. I love how you wrote it.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
interesting post there CSAofficer I do hope you find some answers to the questions here and get chance to up date this
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Hi CSAofficer,

It was a very good thing of you to give this clearly tormented boy spirit your blessings and prayers! Hopefully he has moved on now. Did you ever feel frightened when you saw him? I'm asking because it would frighten me a bit...

Greetings,
Peter
CSAofficer (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Sorry I haven't responded.

Amberly527- I have not tried researching it but I might. My house was built during the 1920s. But I don't think near a resting ground though... Haha!

JustCurious- I might also research that. I also found some old plates in a hole that water washed away so that also might have something to do with a miners railroad.

Javelina- He only had that one reaction once where he would try to talk. But I haven't seen him since.

Moongrim- I thought he might be buried there too. But I don't want to mess with it though. I haven't checked for missing children reports. But I am about to.

-CSAofficer
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Two thoughts;

1) The lad may be buried where he's standing.

2) Railroads often buried dead vagrants of all ages they found on or near the tracks, usually underneath the parallel access road. Any missing child reports from the late 1800's on?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
CSAofficer,
Without the history behind this occurence it really is hard to say. It sounds residual at first, but then you say it looked like it was trying to speak. However, if he tried this over and over then it still could be ruled residual. Is there anything else that would cause you to conclude it may be an intelligent haunting? And if so, perhaps your prayers did help him cross over, which is the ultimate goal.
Thank you for sharing your story.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
That is definatly interesting read. You mentioned something about a mine railroad. Maybe do some researd into that to see if anything turns up?

Peace
JustCurious
Amberly527 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Thank you so much for sharing your story. I enjoyed reading it. Have you done any research on your area to see if they have any record of young children dying in the early 1900's? Just wondering. I lived on a farm that dated back to mid to late 1800's (the house was rebuilt in early 1900's and prior to it becoming a farm it was about a mile from a battle during the civil war and resting ground for soldiers). There was definately a lot of activity there. Your story brought back memories. Thanks again. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: