You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Burned Man And The Cat

Real Ghost Stories

The Burned Man And The Cat

 

All my life, I've been a big fan of the paranormal and have enjoyed many of the stories used to be told about ghouls and goblins and things that go bump in the night. As a child, I've loved horror movies. That's why I assumed that ghosts or paranormal experiences would never scare me. I was the tough guy that made it out in the end of a horror movie.

Well, I assumed wrong. I used to move around a lot before my mother got married again. From apartment to apartment, I tried to make the next place seem more like home to me. It never felt that way. There was one place where we stayed for a very nice amount of time. It was a nice place, for the most part. We got a cat, a fat one that dawdled around aimlessly throughout the day waiting for food, and we got our own pet rat and hamster. This place, I remember thinking, will feel like my real home. What came next, during one night, would change my mind forever about apartments and constant house jumping.

I was going to bed. I was thinking that it was just another night in Columbus, Georgia. Nothing too special. I was just going to hit the hay and wake up the next morning for school. The cat was in my room at that time. I had my cell phone next to me and it was set for an alarm. It's the only way that I would ever wake up. The door was closed and all was dark, so I closed my eyes and went to bed.

Not before watching my cat jump around my dressers, that is. She loved to do that, like any other feline. It was the only time she was ever active. She rested herself on my T.V. Stand on the far side of the room. At the time, I thought of it as weird, because it liked to be next to people. I understand why it made the choice to stay far away now.

So, I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep. Then, the unexpected happened. I felt the pounce of a... Cat? I assumed the cat was just feeling a bit more playful now. So, I opened my eyes. There it was the cat. Or was it? It had a pattern that looked just like the black and golden spots on my cat's fur, but it wasn't it. It couldn't have been her. Because this thing had hands and was looking straight at me. It had its hands on my bed, its eyes staring into me. I could only concentrate on one thing, though; it's burnt skin. I rolled over to get my phone so I could use its light to get a better sight on what I was dealing with, but when I finally rolled back, it was gone and so was the cat.

I had one more experience with the entity I now call the Burned Man. We were just about to move to Germany, where I reside now on an army base, and I didn't have much of a bed, only a cot. No cell phone, no cat, just me, the darkness and the entity. I remember seeing it as I felt the pouncing once again. This time, I stared at it longer, trying to find out what it wanted. It seemed...sad. It felt like it had emotion and I honestly felt sympathy for it. It was as if it didn't want me to leave. It was like an old friend, but no one I knew as a friend was dead.

I closed my eyes, rolled over and forgot about it. I haven't seen it since.

So, does anybody have any idea what this might represent? I honestly would like to know any ideas. Thanks for your time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SheeGalloway, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lauren1222 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
This is weird I has something kind of like this happen to me...
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
I really enjoyed this story. I was a little confused though. Was it a burnt man with cat-like features? Sorry I'm big on the details. You are quite the writer and you articulate quite well. I really do hope you have another story to share later on. ❤ ❤ ❤
Chaos_Moon (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
SheeGalloway- This is an awesome story... What does this... 'Burnt Man' look like apart from... Well, what you described? Sorry... I'm really interested now...
healer (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
Hahaha oh thank goodness, I thought my computer was hacked or something! Thank you for clarifying that!

Hahah I feel silly now.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
healer: Happy April Fool's Day!...Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us have!...Read some of the other comments...It's hilarious!
healer (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
Why is my comment being auto-corrected to "C L O W N" instead of "S-P-I-R-I-T-S"? So weird!
healer (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
I wonder if perhaps it is the man, but he presents a cat to you, because you had a cat and were familiar with the noises and movements a cat would make. The sight of the cat at first glance would be less alarming than his current appearance? He probably didn't mean to frighten you.

It sounds like he is trying to tell you something, or maybe he is stuck and in agony until he finds his way.

I too have spirits follow me from place to place, but I have never been able to communicate verbally. I wish I could help you...
PhilNiekro (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
Maybe what it was is that while you were house hopping it, you picked up a ghostly spirit in one of the houses and it followed you.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
Does the "Burned Man" bother you at all?

Best Wishes
~Aiafaith1 😆 ❤ 😆
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
Well, I think that it might be a cat that died in a fire. Or maybe it has connected itself to you as you probably felt lonely from house-jumping? I have house-jumped before and it is not always nice.
Love & lIght, Rachel ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
I'm a cat lover myself and Love to watch horror movie too... Wonder have something to do with the land maybe the building that use to burn down... Just my opien and was your tv warm cause cat love to laid on warm stuff like my cat when I wake up she move to my warm side after I get up that how cat love to laid something warm. Love your story by the way.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: