You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Talking Black Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Talking Black Cat

 

YGS readers, hi! I've been an avid reader since I can remember and wanted to share this story (with permission of my step dad) that he experienced when he was a kid in his hometown in Mexico.

My stepdad grew up in a small town in Michoacan, Mexico. He was about 10 years old when this happened. It was in the summertime, one late afternoon his dad was at work and his mom was badly sick that day and had to stay in bed to rest. As the eldest among other 3 younger siblings, he needs to help and take care of his mom and watch for his younger siblings.

His younger siblings were taking a nap that time when his mom asked him to get a glass of water in the kitchen. When he was pouring the glass with water, he heard someone calling his name. At first, he thought it was his friend / neighbor that came over to their house to play with him but he never heard a knock from their front door. When he looked back to see, he saw a black cat sitting by the pantry looking at him. He thought it was strange how did the cat got inside their house since all of their windows and doors were closed. To mention, they don't have any pets at home.

He got the most fright of his life when the cat suddenly talked to him and told him to go with him. He didn't finish pouring water and just ran away to his mom's room and told her what happened and convinced her to check the kitchen again. When they went to there, there's no cat to be found so they went to check his siblings still napping soundly and no sign of cat in the house.

Is it possible it was a demon in black cat form? Any insights or comments is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beingtrish, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-15)
It's good he didn't go with the cat! 😲 I would think it might have been demonic if it told me to follow him and run away too. Really scary, thanks for sharing.
beingtrish (1 stories) (13 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-25)
Hi MrsRizzo2429

Thank you for reading my post and happy to hear you enjoyed it. 😊
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-18)
Very interesting experience! I don't have any advice. I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading your post. ❤️
beingtrish (1 stories) (13 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-11)
Cuddlebear, I asked my stepdad and yes according to him it sounded similar to his neighbour playmate that's why he wasn't surprised at first but when he saw the cat (not the neighbour) when he looked back he got scared.

Lady-glow, haha yeah didn't sound meowcelino. My stepdad said it called him by his nickname marce and sounded similar voice to his neighbour playmate. I am also interested to know what could this be, whether a playful spirit or something else. After the incident my stepdad said he didn't see the cat anymore, just usual happenings in the house - doors closing/opening, stuff being moved or missing for few days and just show up/appear randomly.

Thanks for all your comments!:)
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-09)
You said that your father thought that the voice calling him was a friend/neighbour, is this because the voice sounded like it belonged to that specific person? If so, if the cat was a mimic it makes the story a tad creepier.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-08)
Meowcelino! Meowcelino!
No...it doesn't look like something that could be mistaken for a cat's meow. 🤔

I have read some stories in this forum where a spirit copied the appearance of the inhabitants of the house and, given the other disturbances happening there, I wonder if a ghost decided that it would be fun to make itself look like a cat?
beingtrish (1 stories) (13 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-08)
Hi lady-glow! Thank you for your kind reply. I was on vacation that's why I replied to your comment just now. My stepdad's name is Marcelino. That's what I thought too, some cats they sound weird like human when they meow. According to my stepdad they experienced objects in the house being moved around, doors opening and closing by itself and shadows.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hi Trish - it's always nice to see stories from the old country.

How it be fine to know your stepfather's name? I'm asking because some neighbours used to have a fat orange tabby that, when held, would meow in such a mournful way that sounded like he's saying "Manuel, Manuel" to our delight since that was the name of one of the neighbours' kids.
And one of my cats meows sound like the word "mama".

Would it be possible that the cat's voice sounded like human talking? Of course it would be hard for it to resemble "ven conmigo" (come with me).

In my opinion, there's not enough information as to say if the cat was any kind of paranormal being, much less a demon.
Are you aware if the family experienced any kind of activity in the house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: