You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Mirrors Of The Soul

Real Ghost Stories

Mirrors Of The Soul

 

In order to put you in context, it is imperative that I mention that my mother was diagnosed with cancer in May 2008 and has subsequently succumbed to her illness in August of the same year. Since her demise, I have been the subject of bizarre isolated occurrences; however, this particular happening surpasses all others. I am now left to ponder the possibility of having had a simple hallucination or having experienced authentic paranormal activity.

I was sound asleep, and in the middle of a dream in which I was attending church. Bizarre, for I never attend mass. I then suddenly woke up to my transparent mother gazing at me fixedly. She was floating approximately three feet above ground. Furthermore, only her torso, upper extremities and her head were visible to me. Lastly, her eyes sported an expression of sorrow and worry. This happening persisted roughly for two to four seconds at around 6AM, until she vanished gradually into the ceiling. I then turned on the light and wasn't able to sleep for the remainder of the morning.

Needless to say, this occurrence has left me perplexed and concerned. If I have indeed witnessed the paranormal, why was my mother staring at me whilst I was sleeping? Why did she seem troubled? Have I done something to upset her? Is she in any trouble of any kind? Does she need help?

I have attempted to talk to her later on in the day by asking her to make her presence known with any distinctive sign; unfortunately to no avail.

Have I seen my mother that morning or was my imagination toying with me? I suppose I will never know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bewildered83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bloodymaryboy (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Yes it was and I am so very sorry to hear that about your mother. Your heart touching drama and your tortured soul is so harmful.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
Bewildered: I think she was sad because she can't be there physically... Just know that she'll be there spiritually, so don't forget to tell her "thank you"...I'm sure as the big day approaches, you'll see little signs of her... ❤
Bewildered83 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
To enlighten some of you, my mother was by no means a church attending lady. The dream was about me attending graduation mass (for university), although I'm not graduation until a couple of years from now.

Thank you so much for all of your kind words and support. It is greatly appreciated:) ❤
Jenna22 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
This is my first time on here ever and am I missing something... Why do I keep seeing the word clown on peoples comments?
I can tell you as a bit of a Clairvoyant and a person who has many many weird experiences in my life with the paranormal and have analyzed dreams for years... I had a dream once that started out with me in a church and I am definetely not one to go to church, so that was bizarre for me too... But that dream turned out to be a very psychic dream for me and gave me a personal message, which wouldn't apply to why you experienced what you experienced, but basically dreaming about being in a church for you was probebly to signify a spiritual experience and the fact that you woke up and you DID see your mom standing at the end of your bed... Only the top half, because it takes a lot of energy for spirits to materialize their full body, standing there looking like she had sorrow and worry... It was probebly just worry for you... As her daughter, she was worried about you, as most moms do...sorrow? Maybe she wished she could have been there for you more in her life? Or whatever you feel she could have been sad or regreted while alive, if anything at all. Most of us regret something, but I'm not saying that she did, or didnt, I don't know. And seeing a spirit between 2am and 7am when our minds are more open, tired and our subconcious is more alseep is around the normal time to see them.

Just know, that if she came to see you, like most loved ones who pass over do, she probebly wanted to let you know that she was still there for you, loves you and probebly won't stop worring about you ever. If you see her again, ask her questions, or before you go to sleep ask her to visit you in her dreams so you can talk to her and ask her questions, if you have any.
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
I don't understand the comments... I wrote one thing and when I hit publish words were changed to something ridiculous
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
Question, what's up with clowns being in almost every comment? Is this new? I just noticed it today -I haven't been on in a few days:x

I'm sorry for your loss, perhaps subconsciously some part of you does not want to let go of her? Or is holding onto anger or some sort and she's appearing to you to let you know she is alright. Just a thought. God bless!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
I was thinking along the same lines as Lilady4. Your mom might have just been worried about you and sad that she had to leave. I don't think there is anything wrong and I'm sure if she needs to get a message to you she will find a way. I also like aussiedaz's suggestions, and agree with what he says about being able to see spirits while in the state between sleep and consciousness. It has happened to me a couple of times. If you are worried about your mother's spirit light a candle and say a prayer for her. It helps put them at ease. I'm very sorry for your loss. Take care ❤
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
Was your mom a church going lady? Maybe she's just wanting you to go. I'd definitely think about it.
babyjesus (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom): mine past with cancer too about 5 years ago. It's never easy, I wake up at least 2 to 3 times a week in the middle of the night crying... I know it's not good for me, but it just happens. I have been to a counselor and she told me I needed to write a good bye letter to my mom, but no one understands how it feels to lose the first women you have ever loved unless it happened to them and I hope nobody has to go through that.
I think that you might have a memory of your mom in that condition that you saw her in. Try getting a photo of her when she was young and putting it in frame, put it next to your bed and just kiss her every night. She will come to you. I tried that hundreds of times calling my mom and she wouldn't come or give me a sign, but when I just kiss her photo and tell her I miss her and that I love her, she comes to my dreams. It's a wonderful feeling. Don't stress about it, If she had something really important to say she would let you know. I don't think she would ever be upset with you. If you do see her again in that same way, you might want to just get a physical and let the doctor know what your mom had when she past so they can know just in case its hortative.
Take care and I wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.
I'm a bad at reading and writing so sorry to all my ghost family readers.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
My mother succumb to cancer in august 09, I know what you went through and I can relate to what your experiencing now... I can understand how you are looking at this logically and ruling out some of those bizarre occurrences and putting them down to a possible hallucination or co incident... One question; is one of those bizarre things three knocks on the wall, usually late at night?... This is real my friend and your mum wants to let you know she is there... The reason you see her when you open your eyes in a half sleep/wake transition is because you are in the rem state... Basically between two worlds which usually only last for a few seconds for most... And for psychics a lot longer and let me add that our love ones know this as well.

If you want to try this it might give you some type of conscious validation and what have you got to loose... At night talk to her and ask her to knock on the wall 3 times if she is there... Listen carefully, sometimes the knocks can be in other area's of the house... But she will knock if she can...it's the most basic and successful form of communication between our world and theres... Good luck and best wishes.

Daz
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
My condolences for your loss. In my opinion singularities like these are very frustrating. My late father did something similar, or maybe not. I still can'tbe certain as, like you, I was lying in bed sleeping during the onset. In my case it was a phone call, so I never saw him. His voice was unmistakeable and he called me by his pet name for me. (o.k. Its "monkey").He never did this again but I looked for any other evidence and found plenty. I suggest paying close attention. She may speak in other ways.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
I was thinking that maybe your mother was worried about you and sad that she could not be alive to see her child grow up (you, I mean). I do think it was your mother. My condolences on the loss of your mother.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
I don't think you did anything to upset her. But I don't know your relationship. Mothers are very attached to their children. When my mother dies she will move into my house and harass my husband because she doesn't like him. Then she will follow me around and never leave me alone. I don't know how to prepare for this. LOL.
What I feel from this is that she is just sad to be away from you. Maybe she wants you to heal emotionally. Mothers feel for their children in ways I will never understand or know. But from what I've been told it is a very strong bond. She may have just been saying goodbeye and she realizes she must move on and leave you here. There are numerous possibilities.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
Well, it may not have been her spirit-it could've been that you were not quite awake, and you were dreaming. See:
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnopompic for an explanation of that.

If it really was her spirit, I am not sure why she would appear to you worrying. Perhaps if you search your life you might find an answer, or maybe someone here can help you.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
Well, since you weren't really looking for her. Might be real. Is there some stress going on in your life right on? Your dream and your mother's visit might be related to it. One could say since your dream was about church, maybe the visit was about going to church, 'cause she was worried about your soul? I don't know. This could really be almost anything. You could consult a pyschic. Or just wait and see if anything else happens.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: