You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Soul Reappears

Real Ghost Stories

The Soul Reappears

 

This incident happened in my family's residence in a city called Coimbatore of Tamilnadu state.

The year was 2005 and I was an eight year old boy. We were a small Hindu family consisting of my parents, myself and my grandmother living in a big house. All other children of my Grandma (my uncle & aunts) are settled in different cities and rarely visit her.

My Grandmother finally passed away at the age of 71 due to heart related issues. The Funeral took place and all the rituals were done. It is a habit here in the south that after ten days of a death the house should be newly painted and cleansed to keep away any negative vibes.

That day painting work was in progress and it takes a week to complete as it was big house with multiple portions. It was afternoon and the painters were busy doing their work and I, being a small boy, was running around playfully. I ran through a passage which leads to the back yard of the house and I saw my dead Grandma standing inside the house wearing the same old saree which she would often wear. She was facing me and she lasted only for about 3 seconds and vanished. I could see some sort of bother in her face as if she was caught breaking a rule. In her place where she stood now stood a woman painter. I was confused and was astonished. But I swear I saw my Grandma that day.

Not only me but my Aunts who were sleeping in my Grandma's room (Their mother's room) were speaking that grandma appeared in their dreams.

There is also a myth that people who die in Margazhi month (December)

Will go straight to heaven. My Grandma too died in Margazhi. Maybe she was given a last chance to visit her loved ones in her soul form.

Thanks for reading.

Peace out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Raul97ner, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Raul97ner (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-12)
Thanks for your comments Maria, Pamela and Arunbabu. ❤ ❤ ❤ You guys have a great journey in life.
HunterJack (4 stories) (26 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-16)
Hi Raul97ner, liked your story. Your grandma wants to see you for the last time. She much-loved you. So only she appeared before you. May her soul rest in peace.

With Respect,
Arunbabu [at] hunterjack
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-14)
I think you were lucky to have had the chance to see her. It seems that spirit likes small children and will appear to them more often than older adults. She must have realized she no longer belonged on this plane and went to heaven. ❤
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-10)
Hi Raul97ner,

Good story. It gave me the chills briefly when you said she looked troubled. As if she had the sudden unpleasant realization that she wasn't supposed to be there. It made her uncomfortable.

I'm sure that you're right that afterwards she went home and is at peace.

Thank you for sharing, Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: