You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Wandering Soul

Real Ghost Stories

Wandering Soul

 

YGS, newbie here! This is my first story that I have experienced when I was a child.

Since I was a kid my mom and my grandmother are the one taking care of me, but then my grandmother was diagnosed with a cancer and my Mom was the one taking care of her. When I have a free time after school and studies I usually join my Mom in taking care of my grandma, changing clothes, giving her food by injection and changing her diapers.

By then, my grandma was discharged in the hospital and still we are taking care of her in our home but then unexpected thing happened. My Mom woke up in the middle of the night to inform that my grandmother has passed away. This is when my first experience happened.

The house that we are living right now and where my grandma die belongs to my aunt, a likely twin sister of my mother. Now they are living out of the country and we are staying there.

Months passed by after my grandma passed away. It was a summer afternoon, waking up from my siesta time, my Mom is outside getting the laundry and I decided to take a bath while half of the door is wide open.

I was singing that time and putting shampoo in my hair while looking down when I have noticed that there is a person standing in the bathroom door and then went to the right side where the kitchen is. I shouted, "Mom, is that you?" I heard no response. Then I checked where that person went and found out that the way she went was a dead end because the path she went through is in end of the kitchen place. (I used "she" since I noticed that this person was wearing a white dress.) Then suddenly my Mom comes in and said, "Why are you calling me?" That's when it got me creeps all over my body.

In that time, I have set my mind that maybe it's just my grandmother saying goodbye to me, even though the older daughter of my aunt tells me that there is a girl lurking around in the house. I do stay positive that it's just my grandmother.

Hoping that you like my first story, just sharing my first creepy story to you guys because more creepy and true-to-life ghost stories I have experienced.

Have a great day!:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ATARAH, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-01-22)
I'm so sorry you lost your grandmother. I agree with lady-glow when she says it's better to die at home surrounded by loved ones than in a hospital. Do you know anything more about the girl that lurks around the house? If you followed the sound you heard to a dead end at the house, then it must have been your grandmother saying goodbye. Oh, I see that you saw a white dress! ❤ Thank you for sharing your story.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-12)
Hello ATARAH,

I believe, if you have the feeling that it is your Grandmother and if nothing else happens to change that feeling, then it's good for you to think that. It's comforting to think of a recently deceased family member, taking a last look before they leave this world.

In 2016, my Grandmother died, after years of illness. During the last months of her illness, she never wanted her bedroom door closed; from her bed, with the door open, she had a good view of most of the living areas of the house. It was comforting for her to know which areas of the house we were in; if she needed anything, she knew where we were.

After she died, my mother, my aunt and I all lived in the house for a short while. It was almost a month and we were taking care of whatever loose ends existed with the house (my aunt was selling it).

For some reason, each one of us felt more comfortable with my Grandmother's bedroom door closed. Maybe for my mother and aunt, it was because my Grandmother died in that room; I never asked them why they wanted it closed. For my part, it was because of my cat. While my Grandmother was living, she would never allow my cat in her room (my cat has a strange and endearing habit - when someone is sick, he is compelled to always lay at the foot of their bed; it always seems like he wants to protect them).

After she died, my cat had this incredible attraction to her bedroom. I felt like it was wrong, somehow, for him to be in there because he looked as if he were taking advantage of the situation.

Whenever any of us closed the door, there would be a brief waiting period and the door would swing back open. There was no exception; whenever I was the one to see it happen, I would also hear the door knob turn.

I think, that if you feel that it is your Grandmother, then it is okay to do so.

Thank you for sharing your story!

- Maria
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-06)
Why do creepy events occur while we take a shower? We are at our most vulnerable state and it does not matter if it happens in the daytime or at night! I certainly do not want any of my deceased relatives visiting me in the shower. I wish you the best on your event. I hope it was your grandmother.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-06)
Welcome to YGS.

ATARAH.

I'm sorry for your loss. Though a loved one passing is always a sad event, in my opinion, dying at ones home and surrounded by ones family is much better than expiring in a hospital.

Was your grandmother wearing white at her burial?

Even though you didn't see any features of this woman other than her dress, if your gut feeling tells you it was your grandma you can be certain it was her, perhaps still taking care of you.

Looking forwards to read more of your experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: