You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A House Not A Home

Real Ghost Stories

A House Not A Home

 

In my last post I told you about my experiences living in a house that is across town from where I live now. This house is also haunted though with a different kind of spirit. My husband and I haven't been able to figure out what it wants or get rid of it. It's our biggest challenge yet. Keep in mind while you read this that my parents live with us and so do their dogs.

My parents found this house up for rent at the end of September 2009. They came to check it out and they instantly fell in love with it even though it was out of their budget. They brought my husband and me to look at it the second time. It's a beautiful house with big windows, hardwood floors, and a fire place and has a somewhat modern feel. I loved the look of the house but something told me that we shouldn't move in. Most of it was because I knew we couldn't afford it but something else was nagging at me.

We moved in on October 10th of the same year. Everything was alright for the first month. Slowly I started noticing little things. I felt a woman's presence in our "office" and a darker male presence in the kitchen. I also felt watched when I went into the garage. I shook it off as residual feelings from the other house.

One night my husband and I were getting ready for bed and I decided I wanted a cup of tea to help me sleep. I went in to put the water on to boil and check on the dogs. I looked out the sliding glass door and saw a blue, misty cloud floating over our patio. My husband came in and I looked over at him and back at the patio. It was gone. I told my husband about it and he said he came into the kitchen because he heard me call his name. The thing is I didn't call him. Whenever I'm alone in the kitchen I feel someone putting their hands on me or around my waist but my husband isn't in the room. The second I turn around it stops. I've seen the shadow outline in the kitchen near the fireplace.

My husband and I began hearing footsteps in the hallway and a woman's voice coming from the office and calling our names. On one specific event we were both heading to our bedroom at the back of the house and we both heard a woman's voice whisper "Hey, come in here." I've seen her once or twice coming out of the room wearing a civil war like costume with her brown hair pulled up in a clip. We don't think she is a negative spirit and we like having her around.

"The thing in the garage above the house" as my husband and I call it is mean and vicious. It's given me a concussion and caused all sorts of mayhem in my relationship with my husband and between my parents. I've seen it as a dark cloud living above the house and in the garage.

How it gave me a concussion is interesting. One morning I was getting ready to go to my classes. I'm a psychology major at the local college. My husband was preparing our lunches and I was left packing my backpack. I put my bag about 10 inches from the edge of the bed and loaded it up with books and my laptop. I zipped it up and laid it down toward the middle of the bed. I bent down to get a crochet hook off of the floor and my backpack hit me on the back of my head. I instantly got dizzy and a major headache. I decided to go to school anyway but about half way through the day I just couldn't take it anymore. I went to the doctor and they diagnosed me with a minor concussion. To this day I can't explain how my backpack could have fallen on my head when there was at least 10 inches from the bottom of the bag to the edge of the bed.

Once it gave me the concussion I knew that it was time to deal with this particular being. I have no clue how to get rid of it or to make it stop terrorizing the family. I've told it to stop and tried smudging the house. Nothing worked. I would appreciate any advice. Please note that my husband and I am pagan and my parents are Christian so something that both religions have in common or something that pagan that I could easily do without my parents noticing would be best.

Other hauntings by GypsysHeart

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GypsysHeart, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
I think you have to stop worrying about what your parents will say... Just do it to it, whatever "it" may be. We can't go through life on tip toes, afraid we might offend someone. I understand you live with your folks, but remember, they need you there paying rent if they want to continue enjoying this house... Respect goes both ways, so I say don't worry about what they might think... If you are uncomfortable with the current situation, make some changes.
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
Well I've been thinking about an exorcism but my parents might think that's a bit radical. I'm trying to get rid of this thing or at least make it stop hurting my family when my parents aren't around. They seem to think nothing is wrong. I would out but I just don't have the means to do so at the moment.

Lynrinth: I havn't tried a native american cleansing yet but it's a good idea considering my father and I are both natives. I'll try to find one and tell you guys how it goes.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
Have you tried any Naive American cleasing? I read in a number of cases where they worked. I'm sure somewhere on the internet there is a site that tells how.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
You just need to seal off your part of the house. He can keep his part. He was there first. You moved into his home. So naturally I understand why he would be upset. If it were me (I guess I would have Christian and Wiccan based beliefs... But mostly my own beliefs) Anyway if it were me. I would try to reason with him. He sounds human. So he is a nasty human ghost. Does he hurt your husband or just you? Try talking to him. Sometimes it works. SOmetimes it doesn't.

I think you need to do what makes you feel strong. Use white light energy to surround yourself and your family. Use your energy to create white waves throughout your home. If he is not going to leave the house but he needs to learn to live in peace with you.

What I do is the white light and white waves. I tell my "guests" that they are more than welcome to stay if they don't do harm. If the do harm to me then I will do harm to them and I will literally run them out of the house. I follow them around shouting at them. If they hide I keep looking until I find them. I literally harrass them as they have harrassed me. Eventually they get tired of it and leave. If he bothers you. March right on up to his room and start smuding and using your energy to push him out. Ghosts are energy so we can use ours to counteract it. Keep doing it until he caves. Use your husband too. Basically turn the tables. I did this once to a "thing" that was in my home. You must be stronger than he is. Only do this though if he doesn't want to compromise with you and keeps hurting you.
zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
You could go into the garage and recite the names of the arch-angels, asking them for protection and guidance.
You could always try getting holy water and placing a few drops in each of the four corners of your house. Then try making the bad entity leave by comanding it once more threaten it with the power of god. Best of luck

❤ Belle
LumenFilia (1 stories) (14 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
If you have told it to leave and it has ignored you, it probably won't leave. I'd say move out. On the other hand you could try both Christian and pagan rituals to get rid of it. You said you smudged the house already, maybe try exorcism?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: