You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Childhood Nightmare Or Something Else

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Nightmare Or Something Else

 

I was talking to my mother recently and we were looking through old family photos and my old drawings from when I was really young. The drawings brought up an interesting conversation.

Apparently when I was very young I would wake my mother up screaming. She would come in and I'd be sitting up in bed crying. One day I drew a man dressed all in black with a black cape. His skin was pure white and he had blood red eyes that were very snake like. He looked very much like a vampire but what I said he did was different. I called him "Evil Gobble" (Give me a break on that. It was before I was in kindergarten) because he would gobble up all the happiness and light in the room. I used to say that he came in through my window which was always locked.

I'm really not sure what to think about this. Part of me thinks that I really did see something like this. I was never a scared child. Yes I was scared of the typical things but I was always told that ghosts and monsters didn't exist and I believed my mother.

I would love to hear from all of you. Any input you can give would be appreciated. I just want to know if this is a ghost, demon, or just the imagination of a little girl who didn't want to go to sleep.

Other hauntings by GypsysHeart

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GypsysHeart, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
Hey everyone! I just wanted to give you an update on this story. My mother and I recently had another conversation in which the being that I saw as a child came up. We (me, my mother, and my husband) were talking about immaginary friends we had as a kid. I never recalled having one so I asked my mother if she remembered me having any. She said she never remembered me having a friend but she did remember me having a nemisis. She told me that I would draw him often but I never told her much about him. I would just say that he wouldn't like if I talked about him.
nighthawkman (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Hi Gypsysheart, my story happened before I went to school, I was 2 or 3 years old and I am told this time of life is a very perceptive time for spirits, may they be good, bad or ugly.
Just because the figure you saw had red eyes doesn't mean necessarily that it was a demon it could of been showing you it was upset, frustrated, who knows, but if it was a Demon perhaps it would have been more persistent, not caring whether or not to frighten a young child!. Take a look at my story (My Comforting Friend) I think you'll relate. 😊
ebony1997 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
well I have had a dream like yours and it turned out to be my greta grandad who died YEARS before I was born. But the thing is, he was a bad person and in my dream he was a bad man too. He didn't do anythign abd bu the air that he gave out was jsut unnerving in the dream. I would have this every night as a child but not anymore. I did the once though. And it was set in the bedroom that I am in now which is a strange thign to think about really. So I think you really could have seen him.
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
I know what you mean VeryLittleSleep. I'm the same way. I don't hear a door bell though. I hear my bedroom door opening or my closet door opening. Even though I lock it every night and my husband is fast asleep beside me. I havn't seen the "Evil Gobble" at least not that I recognize since I was a girl.
VeryLittleSleep (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
Just wanted to say I had just recently came across this site and your story tonight. I was searching for some answers to what had just happened. I'm 25 and I had been sleeping in my bed. I usually sleep lousy and I have been woken up several times already from what I thought was the door bell. Problem is my dog would have heard it and he was not barking. I ignored it and tried to get back to sleep. I was in the middle of a dream. One that not many people would choose to wake up from. When I felt a blow to my mid section. I heard myself scream like all that I was had been taken away. But like the doorbell I couldn't tell if anyone else had heard it. I woke paralyzed to a tall figure towering over me. All I could door is look up at him. It appeared to be cloaked and the face looked almost like an unfinished paper machet mask. I don't remember it having red or any eyes for that matter. His hands were sheathed in his robe-like appearance. He starred at me for what seemed like an eternity. I truly felt as if it were taunting me. Then without a movement or a blink it was gone. I don't know if there is any relation but it was about 4:19 in the morning, which is actually the same time I was born.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
My nephew would say strange things about the house he and his dad used to live in. It was weird things about a 'man'. I don't know details, but it was too much for a toddler to just make up. He never drew pictures or anything, and it's really interesting that you did. I like the name Evil Gobble, its creative! The thing you saw could have really been anything, and unfortunately there isn't enough in the story to go on to really know for sure what it is. Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed your story!
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
I've thought it was a demon or some dark spirit when I first heard of it but I've not been able to find anything that matches. Yes, Cosmogal926, I did hear it from my mother but since I was young I've had a feeling that I've been followed by something dark. I'm not sure where else to look.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
If I understand this correctly you don't actually remember this it was told to you by your mom correct? Well either way, I think it had to be something for you to wake up screaming and crying and then to draw a picture of what you saw. I'm going to go with a negative entity (not saying demon) that got a kick out of scaring you. My friend's son used to go through something similar when he was a toddler. He would talk about a monster that used to come and try to grab his wrists. It's just so odd, and how would a toddler come up with these things? I don't think they are making it up, so it has to be something.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
what a strange story, thanks for posting.
It does not sound like a normal "monster" a child would imagine I have known children say things like it wanted to eat them up or try to grab them from under the bed but this is nothing like that and anyway they are normaly there not comming in while the child is in bed already.
Posibly a dream but might not be as it was not just a one off it could be a shadow being but they don't normaly have red eyes.
Confusing but interesting I hope you do find answers to this whatever they are.
PyroGirl (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
I would say demon, but I'm not sure. It could be anything. I've seen many strange things, and many of them are real, so...
With all due respect,
PyroGirl
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
I would think it was a shadow being, except that you drew him with pure white skin and red eyes. Could be just an overactive imagination, possibly fueled by something you saw or heard somewhere but don't now recall. On the other hand... I've seen some weird things myself, and all sorts of possibilities come to mind: aliens, trans-dimensional beings? Even though the description doesn't quite fit, I would check out some of the literature on shadow beings anyway. It may help you make some sense of this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: