You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Portrait Studio

Real Ghost Stories

The Portrait Studio

 

I've always loved taking pictures and catching the beauty of even flawed things. When the ad flew for a position at the studio I couldn't pass it up. I have been working at this portrait studio for a little over a year now and I have to admit that it can be a bit creepy at times especially when you are on single coverage at night. However this isn't anything that a normal, rational, adult can't shake off with a bottle of pepper spray handy. Some things you can't just explain away though.

One day I was working with my boss and we were waiting for our first sitting. She was talking to me about what to expect for the day and we both saw a person walk by the door to the camera room. We walked out expecting to see our clients but no one was there. The direction they walked only led to a wall with picture, a storage closet that is locked and our office that was also locked.

She confided in me that she'd "been seeing things like that more and more lately." I looked at her with an apparently shocked look. "You have too?" I asked and laughed slightly. She nodded and proceeded to tell me that she'd been seeing shadows in the shape of a little girl move around the studio. I sighed with relief and told her that I'd been seeing the same thing since I started working on my own at night.

The rest of the day went by uneventfully until my boss clocked off at 5 leaving me to close 2 hours later. Since there were no more scheduled sittings I decided to clean the studio since it was going to be busy the next day. I went about dusting everything and after that was done I took out the Lysol spray. I sprayed the plastic chairs in the waiting room and looked for my rag. I located it by the POS and went back to the chairs.

I wiped off the first few without noticing anything but when I got to the fourth there was a small hand print smeared into the Lysol. I'm no stranger to the paranormal so I laughed slightly and looked around. "You want to help me clean?" I heard a small giggle coming from behind me and I shook my head and continued cleaning.

I still hear giggles and see the shapes moving around the studio at night.

Other hauntings by GypsysHeart

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GypsysHeart, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-22)
It had just started since I started working there. Spirits have always been attracted to me.
FollowTheWhiteRabbit (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Love this story! Totally agree with Dip1904 too, you handled this very well! There are not many people who would be able to keep their calm in a situation like that.:)

Can I ask, as you said, your manager mentioned that it's been happening more and more lately - do you think the activity is stronger because of your presence? Has she always seen shadows about the studio or is it only since you've started?
TRUCK (25 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
Nothing says this little girl died in any violent way. She could have dies from an illness and that are either before or after the mall was built holds some special memories. She does seem to be a friendly spirit and is probabily atracted to you since you seem to have a similar personallity.
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
I'm not sure how old it is. It's a regular mall just a very very small one. It's a single story and the studio just happens to be in the corner. It's an old town that has a violent and sad history. I just hope this little girl didn't suffer too much.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
So it's in one of those outside malls? How old is the apartment complex? Maybe where the mall is now used to be a park of some sort and she died there?
Wouldn't that be crazy?
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Thanks everyone. I'm kind of a ghost magnet. The studio is inside a mall in the farthest, darkest corner. Lol. Just beside the mall is an apartment complex. It's possible that someone died there and she was drawn to me and my boss. It seems like we are the only ones who notice her or any of the other shadows.
ZumZum (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Aww this is cute.
Though I agree, something about small ghost girls creep me out. One too many japanese horror films I guess.:D
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
This story is the cutest one I've read ever. But for some reason small ghost girls really freak me out (Guess I've been watching to much horrors) LOL. I always enjoy a little positive and sweet story between all the scary hauntings and stuff I read on this site.

Thank you for sharing it with us GypsysHeart! I'll be waiting for some more nice stories from you 😁

Regards
Spookie1 😆
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
I really liked this. Like elnora, I wonder why the little girl wanders around there. At least she sounds like a sweet little ghostie! 😊
Dip1904 (115 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
this, by far, I have seen the best, positive way to deal with a paranormal entity... Kudos [at] gypsysheart... Keep up the good work and we would definitely have good synergy between the known and unknown in our lives.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
Simple and sweet. Thanks for sharing G.H. While reading this, I could picture myself doing the same thing by asking if she wanted to help me clean, except if I heard the giggle I would probably faint 😳
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
I really like this. It's cute. I do want to know why the girl was attached to that building, though.

Thanks for sharing!:)
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
GypsysHeart, Great story! I bet you will have more as the years go. I'll be waiting for them.

Thanks for sharing.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
That's kind of cute but creepy at the same time!
What kind of building is the studio located at? As in, is it a separate building, a part of an old building, a mall, etc.? Are there any murders in or near the area to where the girl could have been dragged in? Or is the girl attracted to you? Have you tried talking to her?
Okay enough questions for now, but I will be awaiting answers!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: