You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Dad

Real Ghost Stories

My Dad

 

My father was a wonderful man. I loved him very much. He died when he was 79 years old in 1992. My mother died in 2000; and my marriage died in 2001 after 34 years.

I had to sell the house that my husband and I lived in. I moved back to the house my parents lived in, as a matter of fact, my father died in the house I'm in now. Anyway, every night I would lock myself in my bedroom and cry my heart out about the breakup of my marriage. I would fall asleep crying and crying, looking at old pictures and cards. This went on for quite a while, at least 2 years.

One night I had taken a sleeping pill so I could get a good nights rest. I was finally in a good deep sleep when my father started to call me (not out loud, but I could hear him in my head. I kept turning me head from side to side so that he would stop, because I was really enjoying the sleep I was in.

But after a while I realized that I am now awake and he is still calling my name. I had my eyes closed and was afraid to open them, and yet I was curious because it was my father.

I finally got the nerve, opened my eyes and my father's face was right in front of me. He looked really really mad and just said three words to me..."knock it off", and I want you to know that I did.

I guess your parents are your parents for all time and the love doesn't stop. Thanks dad that was just the jolt I needed...

Love you always you daughter.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maryann5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KitsuneofIkana (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-10)
Thanks for Sharing! That would be something my mom would have done. I guess your dad just wants you to move on and be happy in your life.

~Ikana
JustinEckert (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
i really enjoyed this post I's sorry about the marriage but I think your dad wanted you to move on and stop sulking in the past and that's amazing because he came back from the dead as a ghost to tell you this. If that's not love then I don't know what is. 😁
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
thanks for sharing your story. I believe your dad is more of a mom... 😜 anyway, sorry to hear about the lost marriage, I guess your dad just wants you to move on be happy.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
I have to say, your dad sounds a lot like my mom! Do they know us or what? Thanks for sharing, this one made me smile.
+ 😊
Sporky (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
My husband had a similar experience after his mom passed away. Great story!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
What a great story! It is really neat that your father did that. He will always be there for you.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
great post thanks for sharing.
Always enjoy the sweet ones with a loved one popping back when needed, and giving such sound advice too.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
They always know exactly what to say to get through to you don't they? 😉 You had a lot of loss to deal with and I don't blame you for being so depressed. Glad your Dad was able to help you snap out of it. Great story, thanks for sharing. 😊 ❤
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
Thank you for sharing! I think it's funny he said, "Knock it off!" Ha ha! 😆

Best Wishes
~Aiafaith1 ❤
zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
That is a very good post. Thank you for sharing it. Loved ones are always there for you. Sometimes.

❤Belle

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: