You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Alarm Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Alarm Ghost

 

First of all I've posted several stories on here before and I welcome you to read those to get a better feel of my experience with ghosts and the like. Now on to my story.

I've always had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. You could say I'm more of a night owl than a morning person. When I was in school I would set my alarm for an hour early and snooze for the remaining time just so I was able to be somewhat tolerable in the mornings. My husband started working about a month ago so he had to get up early and he is one of the men that can just pop out of bed. So I usually get out of bed as he's heading off to work or sometimes after if I've had a hard night.

The first week he was working I had stayed in bed while he went to take a shower. I'd had a long night so I was laying in bed snoozing and trying to get rid of a headache. After about 10-20 minutes of laying there I felt a subtle vibration in the bed. I groaned and rolled over looking to see if it was my husband trying to get me up. There was nothing there. I sighed and tried to go back to sleep. After about 5 minutes I felt it again. I threw off the blanket and sat up. "Fine I'm getting up." I said out loud and got dressed getting ready for the day. I've felt this every morning that he's worked since then except for yesterday and today.

Yesterday I was laying in bed and I felt the vibrations again. I groaned and told the spirit to knock it off. Last week I got a very bad sinus infection and I've woken up every morning with a migraine. After I told the ghost to stop, I felt something crawl up on my husband's side of the bed and sit there. It was like a toddler crawling up on a chair or bed to be with it's parents. I smiled and looked at the side of the bed. I laid there for a few more minutes before getting up.

This morning I was laying on my husband's pillow and I felt a tugging on the blanket like a kid trying to get attention. I looked on the floor to make sure my cat or parents' dog wasn't there and sure enough there was nothing.

I don't feel like this is a threatening spirit. If it is it hasn't done anything to show that it is, except for annoy me awake. It's not necessarily a bad thing, though.

Other hauntings by GypsysHeart

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GypsysHeart, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
I usually do say thank you. The spirits around my house are usually helpful. Except when they move my father's checkbook around.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
GypsysHeart - I loved your story 😊 I don't have any advice because I don't think there's anything going on here that warrants advice. Just someone trying to make sure you don't oversleep. I just have a question. Do you thank them? I don't mean this disrespectfully or rude, but sometimes we forget our manners when our ghosts/spirits do something helpful or nice for us.

I have tried teaching (yep, used the word "tried" LOL) my kids to say "thank you" whenever they experience something like that. My son is pretty good about it. My daughter? 😆 I think somewhere along the line those 2 words escaped her vocabulary 😉. We also try to remember to say "goodbye" when we leave our home.

Anyway, I really did enjoy your story. Thanks for sharing it with us. Oh, hey, if you are interested, check out "Helpful Ghosts in Our Home" Parts 1 and 2 on my profile page. Just thought you might find them interesting.
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
Things like this have been happening to me since I was really young. As a matter of fact it happened again this morning. I was sleeping when my husband was in the shower and it sat on the end of my bed.
BeautyLoveFaifth (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
Ommg. Thats scary. I would have freaked out if that happened to me. 😲
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-21)
Actually I've had several experiences in this house. I wrote several stories from this house in my post "A House Not A Home" that you can find at the address at the end of the post. I'm not scared of what happened. I see and communicate with spirits all the time. We've lived in this house for 3 years this month. There hasn't really been any new stress or trauma. Actually things have started to calm down. I think the spirit that has been shaking my bed is a child that is drawn to me. My father and I have both caught glimpses of it around the house.

(http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=11735)
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-20)
Interesting story. I was wondering how long you have lived in your home.

Have you suffered any different experiences? If this is a new occurence, I wonder what is triggering such events. Have you suffered a recent trauma or is their stress due to a change in your routine.

I know a lot of questions, but I'm curious as to how everything fits together.

If you don't feel threatened by the entity then it probably isn't going to do you any harm, but it may be trying to get your attention so you are aware of something.

Thanks for sharing,

Lakota73 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: