You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Multiple Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Multiple Hauntings

 

Hey guys, I promised I would tell the more interesting stories so I'm going to tell the one that is probably the most interesting and scariest. This is again at my girlfriend's old house.

My girlfriend's family was just watching TV one night; it was her and her sister and her mom and their dog asleep on the couch. After a while their dog got up and started staring at a chair to the right of the T.V. Her hair stood up and she made the weirdest whines, and then started barking. Her mom went over and tried to calm the dog down but she just kept jumping around like a maniac. So, mom eventually went over to the chair and just stared at it for a moment, then looked back at the dog. She decided to sit down on the chair, but as she bent down to sit, the dog took off into another room. Without sitting down she turned around and noticed an indention on the cushion as if someone was there the whole time. Needless to say nobody got sleep that night.

I also want to let everyone know how possessed this house is, it has gotten really bad over the years. Since they moved out, it has just been her moms boyfriend that lives there...alone. He has told us numerous stories. Many times his TV turns on and off by it, almost every night he's there he hears someone tapping on his window, his doors slamming when he sleeps, and not to mention all the footsteps at night. I also hope my girlfriend and I go back soon, and get a good video, Although, I incredibly hate going there at night, but I will try, just to get some more evidence.

Other hauntings by TheJosh57

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheJosh57, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

supernatural_princess (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
hi josh. I would agree try some local history research on that house or land. Well I would say most importantly, but not to sound religious, tell them to get the house blessed. If it got worse, it maybe some one put a curse, like with an object in the house, I doubt they would know what the object it. The curse usually attracts more spirits to the place like summoning them there. I hope all is well.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
Maybe you could look into the history of the house and see what you come up with?

Just a thought!

xXellimayXx ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
TheJosh57,
Hi Josh. I saw the comment about putting the video up on utube, good idea. Don't worry about the non-believers they'll never get it anyway.
Also, I'm going with both. Bad energy and burial ground. I'm still thinking the work camp meant prison camp, and if that was the case then they buried their dead where the house sits. Just because of the bones being found there is what I'm thinking. But I think maybe the real bad stuff might still be up near that foundation.
TheJosh57 (2 stories) (19 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
[at] emergencydecoy, I don't think there's a graveyard for about 10 or 15 miles around there, but that's where I'm laying my guess at, an old burial ground or land with bad history. 😉
EmergencyDecoy (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Hey, I just wanted to say I was rather intrigued by your story, I just hope you don't get yourself or your girlfriend hurt as it may be a type of demon, or perhaps the house was built on an old burial ground? How far is the local cemetery from the house?
Take care ~ Charlie
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-17)
TheJosh57: From your previous story comments you mentioned there was the mimicing of familiar voices and the shadows crawling up the wall and now this story aswell seems as though there was quite a bit of activity experienced within this home. So does someone reside there now at all? A prison camp could explain why there is so much negative energy within the area and the land.
Animals are very open to experience things on a paranormal level, so it is no wonder the dog picked up on this while they were watching television, it is always good to watch and be wary of our pets reactions when we know the evironment we are in is prone to these type of activities.

Thanks for your story mate.

Dan
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
This was definatly an enjoyable story. I would definatly be interested in doing research if I experienced something like this. I got a few experiences that I am hoping to share on here eventually. One involves a friend and I want to get their permission to share it first before I post it.

Peace
JustCurious
TheJosh57 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
[at] taz890 thanks for the feedback carl, I really do want to go back at night but its mostly I don't want to trespass since the boyfriend never gives us permission, that's the main thing, the second is of course the evil spirits. But my girlfriend and I will be finding new locations so hopefully ill have more stories up and even videos 😉
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
hi thejosh57 great second story again enjoyed it.
I could not help a little laugh when I imagined this spirit sitting down to watch tv with the family, but I can totaly understand why your not big on the idea of going back at night.
Why not get the boyfriend to give you a few more details about what's still happening would make a great story to add on here
Carl
TheJosh57 (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
[at] javelina yea shielding comes first 😉 and the work camp possibly could of been a prison camp, I know my gfs mom knows more and I'm going to ask when I get a chance, all I remember is them telling me its a foundation (like concrete) where an old work camp used to be.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
Hey Josh,
You were right, this is pretty creepy. Not just the depression of someone sitting in the chair, but also the dogs reactions to whatever it was. I'd tend to trust my dogs instincts in a situation like that, their senses are much more in tune with the paranormal. Just the fact that it got his back hair up is enough for me. That's more of an outdoor reaction to things, a dog gets his hair up indoors and it's time to pay attention.
Another thought I had, continuing from your last story, is the 'work camp' title for the area. I'm wondering if that possibly meant 'prison camp'? It does sort of fit. That wouldn't be a walled prison structure, just a type of camp with prisoners doing hard labor, possibly a chain gang even, depending on how long ago it was. I could imagine some pretty unsavory characters doing time there.
James has some good advice for you too. You should learn some sheilding techniques before going back up. You don't want anything attaching itself to you.
TheJosh57 (2 stories) (19 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
[at] xxdanii yea Id always figure only poltergeists or evil entitys can do things like what its been doing. But I feel like its more evil there because poltergeists are just really known for being loud, and what's happening here is more scary/evil. There's good detail in comments on my other story, so if you haven't checked it out, take a look, I have talked about the thing mimiking peoples voices, crawling apparitions on the wall, and my picture link is also on the comments but ill give you it here https://picasaweb.google.com/107873581702846893210/MyPictures?authkey=Gv1sRgCILI0pCiqsv52gE#5595168711837645954
TheJosh57 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
Thanks for the good feedback guys and yea isaac, I know. Its an evil house 😉 well maybe not so much evil house but evil land..., [at] james, I don't know when we can go back or if we ever will, but I know we wouldn't be able to bring the dog, my gfs mom is very protective of her and it gets scared easily. But I don't blame her, that dog has seen too much in that house. Anyways me and my girlfriend are actually going on a lil trip to peyton colony this weekend, its supposedly haunted and I'm going to be recording so hopefully I catch something. And don't worry I always protect myself with prayer 😉
IsaacBPS (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
EVIL house. EEEVVVILLL house. Lol, JK. That's odd though. Hm.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
TheJosh57--It's good to hear from you again with more of the unexplained. Apparantly the friend who stays alone in the house has cojones of steel. If you do go with a recorder, maybe you could borrow the dog to give you the sign of where to point the lens and/or microphone. Remember to psychically protect yourself before ghost-hunting; you don't want anything attaching itself to you. All the best ~ James

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: